DHS was always meant for this.

Funny you should bring up the republican patriot act. Classic genie out of the bottle scenario. Now here we have republicans crossing another authoritarian line and you are already saying it's the democrat's fault. It's like the old schoolyard bully tactic of "why are you hitting yourself?" all grown up.
That "republican patriot act" not only passed the Senate on a 98-1 vote on original passage, your dear Boiking re-authorized it at least twice, and abused it to spy on his successor.

So take your "this is the fault of republicans" bullshit and stuff it up your ass.
The f'n Repubs changed the act overnight, remember?

Funny you should bring up the republican patriot act. Classic genie out of the bottle scenario. Now here we have republicans crossing another authoritarian line and you are already saying it's the democrat's fault. It's like the old schoolyard bully tactic of "why are you hitting yourself?" all grown up.

I was just pointing out that the Democrats had the opportunity to get rid of it and they didn't - which is true. The Republicans foisted it on us in the first place, so I'd never expect them to repeal it. Democrats supposedly opposed the gwot nonsense. But, once in power, they just couldn't bring themselves to actually reduce federal power. So, now Trump is showing us all why it was such bad idea in the first place. Plenty of "fault" to go around, don't you think?
Certainly but you know how it is. No one wants to be soft on national security.

Yeah. I know how it is. And it has jack squat to do with national security.
That's exactly the charge that would have been leveled by republicans and it would have worked. It was already too late when the patriot act was drafted. The infrastructure was already being built and all it took was someone to make it legal.
The Patriot Act was a litany of police state bullshit leftover from the Clinton and Reno regime, that they couldn't get through on a piece-by-piece basis.

You really have NFI what you're blabbing about here, Chumlee.

I was just pointing out that the Democrats had the opportunity to get rid of it and they didn't - which is true. The Republicans foisted it on us in the first place, so I'd never expect them to repeal it. Democrats supposedly opposed the gwot nonsense. But, once in power, they just couldn't bring themselves to actually reduce federal power. So, now Trump is showing us all why it was such bad idea in the first place. Plenty of "fault" to go around, don't you think?

That's exactly the charge that would have been leveled by republicans and it would have worked. It was already too late when the patriot act was drafted. The infrastructure was already being built and all it took was someone to make it legal.

Oh horseshit. They had the House, the Senate and the Presidency. Democrats could have, and should have, repealed the Patriot Act and abolished the DHS. The simple fact is, they didn't want to. They kept it around because it gave them more power. I suppose they never imagined that deplorables would take over.

That "republican patriot act" not only passed the Senate on a 98-1 vote on original passage, your dear Boiking re-authorized it at least twice, and abused it to spy on his successor.

So take your "this is the fault of republicans" bullshit and stuff it up your ass.
No they didn't you liar.

It was a pile of leftovers from the Clintonistas, sitting on a shelf waiting for the right excuse to ram it up our asses...And your team jumped on board with great enthusiasm.

Oh horseshit. They had the House, the Senate and the Presidency. Democrats could have, and should have, repealed the Patriot Act and abolished the DHS. The simple fact is, they didn't want to. They kept it around because it gave them more power. I suppose they never imagined that deplorables would take over.
The didn't even have to actively repeal it....It was sunsetted at least twice...They had to actively re-authorize it.

OMG! Federal security teams are protecting federal property from being destroyed by violent mobs

It's dystopian!

:abgg2q.jpg:

Golly, I remember being told that I hated America and wanted the terrorists to win for voicing my fierce opposition to the creation of the DHS and the Patriot Act all those years ago. Time sure does fly by...
Yeah, me too....Would ne amusing were it not so terrifying.

Oh, I remember quite well. It was on another forum named after a well-known Irish water-carrier.
Then you do remember how guys like Me, JW Booth, Johnrocks et.al. got totally piled onto by the Bushbots.

I do so with Liability and House were here so I could rub their fucking noses in it.

Good Christ, I am getting old. :crybaby:

DHS is saving Chicago because the mayor and governor would rather have riots.
There is absolutely NO mayor or governor who "would rather have riots." Your comment is a magnificent example of the kind of exaggeration that the right-wing nutjobs insist on engaging in instead of useful and intelligent discussion.

There is absolutely NO mayor or governor who "would rather have riots." Your comment is a magnificent example of the kind of exaggeration that the right-wing nutjobs insist on engaging in instead of useful and intelligent discussion.
Larry Lightweight is too incompetent to even know what she(?) wants, and Governor Cartman was last seen stuffing his face at a Golden Corral somewhere near Milwaukee.

Long and the short of it is that they really would rather have riots in Chicago.

:linky:
He's completely full of shit.

This goes back to a time when I was an LP activist, and nearly all the provisions of the Patriot Act were being sneaked into this bill over here, and that bill over there, only to have them exposed by civil libertarian watchdogs and weeded out in committees controlled by republicans.

Already thoroughly jaded as to the sincerity of republicans, it was absolutely no surprise for me to find each and every one of them included in the 2002 Patriot Act.

Larry Lightweight is too incompetent to even know what she(?) wants, and Governor Cartman was last seen stuffing his face at a Golden Corral somewhere near Milwaukee.

Long and the short of it is that they really would rather have riots in Chicago.

So how do you account for the outright incompetent of the orange whore and pigpence? Do you actually think that these two scumbags are qualified to do anything? Oh. Please.

You do not just cancel a humongous program costing trillions of dollars and make it illegal. Not if you want to get reelected. It's political cowardice rather than some nefarious plot because our domestic surveillance network has yet to be used against Americans in any overt way.

Why is there a DHS anyway?

All the other alphabet agencies failed at their job, so another government agency is just what we needed? Wrong!
9/11 happened because the FBI and CIA failed at their job.
Why do we pay these people to do nothing for us??!
Amen. And also why is there an education department, environmental dept, agricultural dept, and many others that don't serve us. We might even include the department of Justice today. They're all making believe to care. Wray is evil.

So how do you account for the outright incompetent of the orange whore and pigpence? Do you actually think that these two scumbags are qualified to do anything? Oh. Please.
Trump doesn't control Chicago or any other city, shitferbrains.

OMG! Federal security teams are protecting federal property from being destroyed by violent mobs

It's dystopian!

:abgg2q.jpg:
Partially true.

They're also engaging in exactly the kind of behavior that those of us warned about when Oboingo signed off on the 2011 NDAA.
It's got nothing to do with the NDAA. That's tin foil hat shit.

Forum List

Back