Dick's CEO Confronted By Shareholder For Scorched Earth Against 2nd Amd.

BZZZZZT! Straw man alert!

I haven't advocated for the repeal of the second amendment nor was that the subject of my post!

Would you like to try again, honestly this time?

You have openly advocated policy positions which blatantly violate the Second Amendment. If you were honest, and sincerely supported such policies, then you would advocate that the Second amendment be repealed, as that is the only way that any of those policies could ever legitimately be put into effect.

BZZZZZT! Straw man alert!

I haven't advocated for the repeal of the second amendment nor was that the subject of my post!

Would you like to try again, honestly this time?

You have openly advocated policy positions which blatantly violate the Second Amendment. If you were honest, and sincerely supported such policies, then you would advocate that the Second amendment be repealed, as that is the only way that any of those policies could ever legitimately be put into effect.
I have? Please quote them.

Have you ever been to one of these meetings ? Get your nurse to take you to one when you are rational.

I guess you don't comprehend English too well either. Try reading what I said before you make a fool of yourself yet again.
This is what happens.
You buy your share through a broker and you are on the register.
You get an invite to the meeting and an information pack.
You turn up at the meeting and your name is checked against the register.
You are given a voting card and generally get a coffee and a biscuit.

Meeting starts and you go through a basic order of business.
The board presents the accounts ad invites questions from the floor.
You ask your question.

At no point does anybody ask you how many shares you have.
Why do you lie so much ?

They don't need to ask silly boy because they KNOW how many you have, and there is a policy in place for choosing who gets to ask their questions. Here's a hint, one vote doesn't get you past the first decision point. There are multiple decision points that determine who gets to ask questions. Here's another hint, all of the clowns who have one vote are listed in a special file as problems. The Board of Directors knows that those people who have single shares are trouble makers. Guess what, they control them very easily because of that.

Unlike you, they are smart and know what they're doing.
https://www.slaughterandmay.com/media/803989/the-law-of-difficult-meetings.pdf
You are full of shiit as usual.

I guess you missed section 11. I suggest you read it. Especially that part that references the Right to speak shall be curtailed if the members voting rights are restricted. If you have a single share of stock you don't have Preferred Stock. Preferred Stock votes, yours doesn't.
It was actually section 11 that contains the key information. There are no stipulations against the owner of a single share asking a question.

The bit you are getting excited over refers to "B" non voting shares.
B Share Schemes: Will UK listed companies look to return cash as capital rather than income?
There are no restrictions on ordinary shares. Perhaps you could find a link to back up your nonsense ?

I guess you don't comprehend English too well either. Try reading what I said before you make a fool of yourself yet again.
This is what happens.

You ask your question.

Why do you lie so much ?

They don't need to ask silly boy because they KNOW how many you have, and there is a policy in place for choosing who gets to ask their questions. Here's a hint, one vote doesn't get you past the first decision point. There are multiple decision points that determine who gets to ask questions. Here's another hint, all of the clowns who have one vote are listed in a special file as problems. The Board of Directors knows that those people who have single shares are trouble makers. Guess what, they control them very easily because of that.

I guess you missed section 11. I suggest you read it. Especially that part that references the Right to speak shall be curtailed if the members voting rights are restricted. If you have a single share of stock you don't have Preferred Stock. Preferred Stock votes, yours doesn't.
It was actually section 11 that contains the key information. There are no stipulations against the owner of a single share asking a question.

B Share Schemes: Will UK listed companies look to return cash as capital rather than income?
There are no restrictions on ordinary shares. Perhaps you could find a link to back up your nonsense ?

Yeah, good luck speaking. Like I said, single share owners are known problems. They don't get offered a chance to speak. No Board is going to put it on the written record because they are not stupid, but I encourage you to go to a meeting with your single share and post video of you asking your question.

The "good" business decision would have been to say nothing and make no changes - as the one guy said, businesses should not rest their profits upon the fickle ever changing court of public opinion. It was a bad move that no doubt will punish the shareholders.

This is what happens.

You ask your question.

Why do you lie so much ?

Yeah, good luck speaking. Like I said, single share owners are known problems. They don't get offered a chance to speak. No Board is going to put it on the written record because they are not stupid, but I encourage you to go to a meeting with your single share and post video of you asking your question.
Just because you dont know about it doesnt make it so. Have you had a chance to find a lnk to back up your crap ?

Just because you dont know about it doesnt make it so. Have you had a chance to find a lnk to back up your crap ?

I haven't bothered to try. I have attended over a dozen shareholders meetings over the years, and not once did they allow a twerp to speak.

I haven't bothered to try. I have attended over a dozen shareholders meetings over the years, and not once did they allow a twerp to speak.
Well I cant compete with that comprehensive level of analysis.

Get Woke! Go Broke!

Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc. DKS -2.17% said weaker sales of Under Armour Inc. apparel and a decision to pull back from the hunting business dragged on the retailer’s latest quarterly results.

Comparable-store sales fell 4%, Dick’s said. Not adjusting for the 53rd week last year, the company’s same-store sales declined 1.9%.

The weaker-than-expected results bucked a trend in the retail sector, which largely has benefited from a surge in consumer spending fueled by a booming economy.

Consumer confidence for August, measured by the Conference Board’s consumer-confidence index, was the highest it has been in about 18 years.

That sentiment, along with other factors, has powered companies such as Walmart Inc. WMT -0.45% and Target Corp. TGT 1.07% to their best quarterly results in more than a decade.

Dick’s said part of the company’s sales problems were a result of Under Armour’s decision to sell in more stores including Kohl’s. Under Armour declined to comment.

Also hurting sales was Dick’s decision to tighten its policy on gun sales after 17 people were killed in a February shooting at a Parkland, Fla., high school. The retailer halted sales of any firearms to people under age 21 at all of its 845 Dick’s and Field & Stream stores and stopped selling assault-style weapons at Field & Stream.

Under Armour’s results accounted for three percentage points of declining sales at Dick’s, while weakness in the hunting and electronics categories contributed two percentage points of decline. When excluding Under Armour and the hunting and electronics business, comparable-store sales fell 1%....

Dick’s Says Under Armour, New Gun-Sales Policy Dragged on Results

At the annual shareholders meeting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, CEO Edward Stack of Dick's Sporting Goods was confronted and grilled by shareholder and Second Amendment advocate David Almasi as to why the sporting good giant betrayed it's customers and more importantly "America's right to keep and bear arms" which is a founding principle of our democracy.

Almasi, a vice president at the National Center for Public Policy Research, attended the meeting representing the think tank's Free Enterprise Project, confronted Stack, accusing him of violating his responsibilities and fiduciary duties, by purposely giving money in support of anti gun propagandists.

Within the crowded assembly Almasi challenged Stack's anti gun stand, blasting the retailer's recent capitulation to the frenzied anti-gun zealots, stating; "Dick's has damaged its reputation by lending its voice and its resources to those who want to abolish the Second Amendment."

Adding, "30% of American adults own guns and another 11% live with someone who does. You've now alienated them."

The sudden assault to our Second Amendment by the retail sporting-goods giant began soon after the February 17th Parkland massacre, in which 17-innocent individuals were senselessly gunned down by a deranged loner.

The company also announced that it would raise the age limit to 21, for purchasing "all firearms," ironically the age limit is 3-years after the legal age for someone serving within the military.

However the most egregious policy change by Dick's is in their mistreatment of their loyal customer's, which are avoid sports enthusiasts, who respect the Second Amendment.

The scorched earth business decision by Dick's to willfully abandon a sizable portion of their loyal customer base, has had a profound negative effect on their bottom-line admitted Stack.

How is a private company refusing to sell a particular type of gun a 'betrayal of the 2nd amendment'?

I don't think the 2nd amendment mentions Dicks.

There's not a single instance of people being freer and having more rights once they've surrendered their weapons to the State.

Does not the right believe that business may sell or not what it pleases, as long as it follows the law?

Of course. They also believe people have the right and freedom to shop elsewhere for whatever reason they want.

Get Woke! Go Broke!

Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc. DKS -2.17% said weaker sales of Under Armour Inc. apparel and a decision to pull back from the hunting business dragged on the retailer’s latest quarterly results.

Comparable-store sales fell 4%, Dick’s said. Not adjusting for the 53rd week last year, the company’s same-store sales declined 1.9%.

The weaker-than-expected results bucked a trend in the retail sector, which largely has benefited from a surge in consumer spending fueled by a booming economy.

Consumer confidence for August, measured by the Conference Board’s consumer-confidence index, was the highest it has been in about 18 years.

That sentiment, along with other factors, has powered companies such as Walmart Inc. WMT -0.45% and Target Corp. TGT 1.07% to their best quarterly results in more than a decade.

Dick’s said part of the company’s sales problems were a result of Under Armour’s decision to sell in more stores including Kohl’s. Under Armour declined to comment.

Also hurting sales was Dick’s decision to tighten its policy on gun sales after 17 people were killed in a February shooting at a Parkland, Fla., high school. The retailer halted sales of any firearms to people under age 21 at all of its 845 Dick’s and Field & Stream stores and stopped selling assault-style weapons at Field & Stream.

Under Armour’s results accounted for three percentage points of declining sales at Dick’s, while weakness in the hunting and electronics categories contributed two percentage points of decline. When excluding Under Armour and the hunting and electronics business, comparable-store sales fell 1%....

good i have not done any shopping there since they made the decision

never will again no matter how they change the model from here

they have exposed themselves for what they are as far as i am concerned

Get Woke! Go Broke!

Dick's leadership is betraying the stockholders, by putting acting according to their liberal ideology instead of their professional and ethical responsibilities.

If we had a healthy corporate culture in this country, they would all, at least be fired, if not sued.

Forum List

Back