Dick's CEO Confronted By Shareholder For Scorched Earth Against 2nd Amd.

At the annual shareholders meeting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, CEO Edward Stack of Dick's Sporting Goods was confronted and grilled by shareholder and Second Amendment advocate David Almasi as to why the sporting good giant betrayed it's customers and more importantly "America's right to keep and bear arms" which is a founding principle of our democracy.

Almasi, a vice president at the National Center for Public Policy Research, attended the meeting representing the think tank's Free Enterprise Project, confronted Stack, accusing him of violating his responsibilities and fiduciary duties, by purposely giving money in support of anti gun propagandists.

Within the crowded assembly Almasi challenged Stack's anti gun stand, blasting the retailer's recent capitulation to the frenzied anti-gun zealots, stating; "Dick's has damaged its reputation by lending its voice and its resources to those who want to abolish the Second Amendment."

Adding, "30% of American adults own guns and another 11% live with someone who does. You've now alienated them."

The sudden assault to our Second Amendment by the retail sporting-goods giant began soon after the February 17th Parkland massacre, in which 17-innocent individuals were senselessly gunned down by a deranged loner.

The company also announced that it would raise the age limit to 21, for purchasing "all firearms," ironically the age limit is 3-years after the legal age for someone serving within the military.

However the most egregious policy change by Dick's is in their mistreatment of their loyal customer's, which are avoid sports enthusiasts, who respect the Second Amendment.

The scorched earth business decision by Dick's to willfully abandon a sizable portion of their loyal customer base, has had a profound negative effect on their bottom-line admitted Stack.
Lol, you consies snowflakes forget that second amendment doesn't say he has to sell guns?

He's not betraying anyone.
No one said he is betraying anybody, He just has made his company into a anti-Second Amendment company.
They will just continue selling some soccer balls and such... Not a real sporting good store
Let me point out the relevant portion for you:

At the annual shareholders meeting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, CEO Edward Stack of Dick's Sporting Goods was confronted and grilled by shareholder and Second Amendment advocate David Almasi as to why the sporting good giant betrayed it's customers and more importantly "America's right to keep and bear arms" which is a founding principle of our democracy.

Now, you were saying?

A firearm is not a "tool of death". It is a tool to use to provide food, to provide entertainment and recreation, and a tool of self defense

It is,first and foremost, a tool of death. I am not saying it cannot also be used to accomplish those things,and you are missing my point.

No, I'm pointing out that you have no point because your fear and hatred is blinding you to the truth. It is NOT a tool of death. It is so much more than that. It's all about the PERSON that is using it.
And the vast majority of people shouldn't be using them.
blk_molon_helmet_fnt_logo_edited-1_2000x.jpg
You are one.

Almasi, a vice president at the National Center for Public Policy Research, attended the meeting representing the think tank's Free Enterprise Project, confronted Stack, accusing him of violating his responsibilities and fiduciary duties, by purposely giving money in support of anti gun propagandists.

Within the crowded assembly Almasi challenged Stack's anti gun stand, blasting the retailer's recent capitulation to the frenzied anti-gun zealots, stating; "Dick's has damaged its reputation by lending its voice and its resources to those who want to abolish the Second Amendment."

Adding, "30% of American adults own guns and another 11% live with someone who does. You've now alienated them."

The sudden assault to our Second Amendment by the retail sporting-goods giant began soon after the February 17th Parkland massacre, in which 17-innocent individuals were senselessly gunned down by a deranged loner.

The company also announced that it would raise the age limit to 21, for purchasing "all firearms," ironically the age limit is 3-years after the legal age for someone serving within the military.

However the most egregious policy change by Dick's is in their mistreatment of their loyal customer's, which are avoid sports enthusiasts, who respect the Second Amendment.

The scorched earth business decision by Dick's to willfully abandon a sizable portion of their loyal customer base, has had a profound negative effect on their bottom-line admitted Stack.
Lol, you consies snowflakes forget that second amendment doesn't say he has to sell guns?

No one said he is betraying anybody, He just has made his company into a anti-Second Amendment company.
They will just continue selling some soccer balls and such... Not a real sporting good store

Now, you were saying?
Yes, they are anti-Second Amendment sporting goods store...
I guess they’re going to sell soccer balls and such from now on. Lol

Now, you were saying?
Changing the subject? What happened to "No one said he is betraying anybody"?

Now, you were saying?
It does not matter, they are anti-Second Amendment sporting good store.
This is funny...
“It might have made enemies with staunch gun rights supporters, but in a time when everything from clothes to sneakers to Skittles has become politicized, Dick’s has become the face of gun control, and there’s no turning back.”
On the flip side, only 10 percent of Dick’s annual $7.9 billion come from gun sales, according to the investment firm Wedbush Securities.

I guess they were never a real sporting good store to begin with. LOL

Now, you were saying?
This is funny...
“It might have made enemies with staunch gun rights supporters, but in a time when everything from clothes to sneakers to Skittles has become politicized, Dick’s has become the face of gun control, and there’s no turning back.”
On the flip side, only 10 percent of Dick’s annual $7.9 billion come from gun sales, according to the investment firm Wedbush Securities.

Lol, you act like I'm.gonna be personally offended by your criticism of some sporting goods store I have nothing to do with.

And you either posted without reading what you wuoted or you just lied and hoped I wouldn't notice.

You are a mess kid.

Now, you were saying?
This is funny...

Lol, you act like I'm.gonna be personally offended by your criticism of some sporting goods store I have nothing to do with.

And you either posted without reading what you wuoted or you just lied and hoped I wouldn't notice.

You are a mess kid.
Lol
Anti-Second Amendment fools like yourself are fucked in the head. It’s self evident is it not?

Now, you were saying?
This is funny...

You are a mess kid.
Lol
Anti-Second Amendment fools like yourself are fucked in the head. It’s self evident is it not?
Keep deflecting, maybe it will work one of these days.

I swear, all the conservatives here are retarded.

This is funny...

You are a mess kid.
Lol
Keep deflecting, maybe it will work one of these days.

I swear, all the conservatives here are retarded.
Lol
It’s a freedom and individuality thing you obviously do not understand...

Just another politically correct company that does not believe in the Second Amendment

It was not a political belief that made them do what they did. It was an economic one. They don't need a weatherman to see which way the wind is blowing. Corporations are all about making profit. The David Hogg generation is what counts, it is the future, not the Ollie North generation, that is the past.

My O my, aren't you full of the ass pie! It was an "economic" belief that made them take product off the shelves that people want so that millions of people can go to their competitors to buy! What way is the wind blowing? The way of a small group of activist fear-mongers gnashing their teeth in the hopes that they can turn the actions of a few mislead idiot children victims of the progressive era into banning the very heart and symbol upon which our nation was based and created upon? The David Hogg generation is what counts now, a generation of morons deprived knowledge of their true history and meaning by government-led schools with vested interest in a dumbed-down, docile, more easily controlled populace who haven't the first idea their history or the nature of the world because they are just becoming cognizant of it, but whom all seem to have an inordinate desire to buy guns and take them to school to shoot up everyone there in a subconscious rejection of all that secular progressivism has tried to shove down their throats! And you, one of the shovers, or maybe just one more too late to be saved from the brain-washing.

Being that hunting and target shooting are very large sporting hobbies, you can't really be a legitimate "sporting goods store" if you don't even carry the goods of the sport! It is one thing to artificially impose a higher age limit of 21, or require an adult signature to sell a rifle to a 16-17 year old, but what Dickhead's has done is to tell every 30, 40, 50, and 60 year old adult in the country, sorry, no, we have decided that you don't need a rifle, we don't recognize your sport, and if you must have one, take your business elsewhere. That's a finger in the eye to 50 million potential customers, and over time, to their children and their children's children as well. Only a shit-for-brains person of the highest order could see that as a wise corporate decision.

Being that hunting and target shooting are very large sporting hobbies, you can't really be a legitimate "sporting goods store" if you don't even carry the goods of the sport! It is one thing to artificially impose a higher age limit of 21, or require an adult signature to sell a rifle to a 16-17 year old, but what Dickhead's has done is to tell every 30, 40, 50, and 60 year old adult in the country, sorry, no, we have decided that you don't need a rifle, we don't recognize your sport, and if you must have one, take your business elsewhere. That's a finger in the eye to 50 million potential customers, and over time, to their children and their children as well. Only a shit-for-brains person of the highest order could see that as a wise corporate decision.
Well, they are politically correct and are anti-Second Amendment...
It’s best if they stick with selling soccer balls and skittles

Now, you were saying?

but not to any pro gun guy

Just another politically correct company that does not believe in the Second Amendment

It was not a political belief that made them do what they did. It was an economic one. They don't need a weatherman to see which way the wind is blowing. Corporations are all about making profit. The David Hogg generation is what counts, it is the future, not the Ollie North generation, that is the past.

My O my, aren't you full of the ass pie! It was an "economic" belief that made them take product off the shelves that people want so that millions of people can go to their competitors to buy! What way is the wind blowing? The way of a small group of activist fear-mongers gnashing their teeth in the hopes that they can turn the actions of a few mislead idiot children victims of the progressive era into banning the very heart and symbol upon which our nation was based and created upon? The David Hogg generation is what counts now, a generation of morons deprived knowledge of their true history and meaning by government-led schools with vested interest in a dumbed-down, docile, more easily controlled populace who haven't the first idea their history or the nature of the world because they are just becoming cognizant of it, but whom all seem to have an inordinate desire to buy guns and take them to school to shoot up everyone there in a subconscious rejection of all that secular progressivism has tried to shove down their throats! And you, one of the shovers, or maybe just one more too late to be saved from the brain-washing.
Nah, the company just decided to take the safe route and stay away and out of the attention, emotions and politics of the gun issue. As has been shown by stock prices, it was a good decision.

Nah, the company just decided to take the safe route and stay away and out of the attention, emotions and politics of the gun issue. As has been shown by stock prices, it was a good decision.
They are anti-Second Amendment company... so who gives a shit?

Well, they are a sporting goods store so they still sell sporting arms. They just stopped carrying the popular self defense weapons, but if you are interested in traditional hunting rifles the still carry those.

How is a company anti 2nd Amendment if they sell firearms and ammo?

Well, they are a sporting goods store so they still sell sporting arms. They just stopped carrying the popular self defense weapons, but if you are interested in traditional hunting rifles the still carry those.

How is a company anti 2nd Amendment if they sell firearms and ammo?
They don’t have shit for selection, and the ones they do carry are a fucking joke...
Probably less than 5% of their sales are firearms… Most likely they are lying If they are selling any firearms and ammo. They already said they’re going to get out of the business altogether.... That makes them anti-Second Amendment

So, I guess you conservitards aren't OK with a business deciding on it's own what it does and does not sell.

So much for freedom huh?

Forum List

Back