Dick's CEO Confronted By Shareholder For Scorched Earth Against 2nd Amd.

A firearm is not a "tool of death". It is a tool to use to provide food, to provide entertainment and recreation, and a tool of self defense

It is,first and foremost, a tool of death. I am not saying it cannot also be used to accomplish those things,and you are missing my point.

No, I'm pointing out that you have no point because your fear and hatred is blinding you to the truth. It is NOT a tool of death. It is so much more than that. It's all about the PERSON that is using it.
And the vast majority of people shouldn't be using them.

That would be your OPINION, but your opinion is not persuasive.
Doesn't have to be persuasive because it is slowly becoming pervasive.

No, sadly for you, it is not.

Analysis | One in five Americans wants the Second Amendment to be repealed, national survey finds

And, of course, you could say the same about nails.
Which is utterly ridiculous, as shown by all of reality. Even now we have gun control, but not nail control. The things you are saying are patently absurd. If I had you across the table from me on live TV, I could quickly pull people to my side on this.

I agree...my argument is JUST as absurd as yours. Glad you recognize it.

So, I guess you conservitards aren't OK with a business deciding on it's own what it does and does not sell.

So much for freedom huh?
No, They can do whatever they want. It’s none of the federal government business.
Still, Dicks is the anti-Second Amendment business… End of story

Progressives want to get rid of the Second Amendment… It’s not gonna be that easy

It was not a political belief that made them do what they did. It was an economic one. They don't need a weatherman to see which way the wind is blowing. Corporations are all about making profit. The David Hogg generation is what counts, it is the future, not the Ollie North generation, that is the past.

My O my, aren't you full of the ass pie! It was an "economic" belief that made them take product off the shelves that people want so that millions of people can go to their competitors to buy! What way is the wind blowing? The way of a small group of activist fear-mongers gnashing their teeth in the hopes that they can turn the actions of a few mislead idiot children victims of the progressive era into banning the very heart and symbol upon which our nation was based and created upon? The David Hogg generation is what counts now, a generation of morons deprived knowledge of their true history and meaning by government-led schools with vested interest in a dumbed-down, docile, more easily controlled populace who haven't the first idea their history or the nature of the world because they are just becoming cognizant of it, but whom all seem to have an inordinate desire to buy guns and take them to school to shoot up everyone there in a subconscious rejection of all that secular progressivism has tried to shove down their throats! And you, one of the shovers, or maybe just one more too late to be saved from the brain-washing.
Nah, the company just decided to take the safe route and stay away and out of the attention, emotions and politics of the gun issue. As has been shown by stock prices, it was a good decision.
They are anti-Second Amendment company... so who gives a shit?
Well, they are a sporting goods store so they still sell sporting arms. They just stopped carrying the popular self defense weapons, but if you are interested in traditional hunting rifles the still carry those.

How is a company anti 2nd Amendment if they sell firearms and ammo?
They don’t have shit for selection, and the ones they do carry are a fucking joke...
Probably less than 5% of their sales are firearms… Most likely they are lying If they are selling any firearms and ammo. They already said they’re going to get out of the business altogether.... That makes them anti-Second Amendment
People who don't know any better may believe your lies, but I looked over what they had to offer. They have high quality brand name hunting rifles that include Marlin, Ruger, Savage and Remington in every caliber needed to hunt any game in North America. Whether you are planning a hunt in Maine or Alaska, Kansas or Wyoming, for anything that can be hunted in any of those state, a quality appropriate firearm can be purchased at that place. If you want to call the name brand firearms I listed as crap in your opinion go ahead.

My O my, aren't you full of the ass pie! It was an "economic" belief that made them take product off the shelves that people want so that millions of people can go to their competitors to buy! What way is the wind blowing? The way of a small group of activist fear-mongers gnashing their teeth in the hopes that they can turn the actions of a few mislead idiot children victims of the progressive era into banning the very heart and symbol upon which our nation was based and created upon? The David Hogg generation is what counts now, a generation of morons deprived knowledge of their true history and meaning by government-led schools with vested interest in a dumbed-down, docile, more easily controlled populace who haven't the first idea their history or the nature of the world because they are just becoming cognizant of it, but whom all seem to have an inordinate desire to buy guns and take them to school to shoot up everyone there in a subconscious rejection of all that secular progressivism has tried to shove down their throats! And you, one of the shovers, or maybe just one more too late to be saved from the brain-washing.
Nah, the company just decided to take the safe route and stay away and out of the attention, emotions and politics of the gun issue. As has been shown by stock prices, it was a good decision.
Well, they are a sporting goods store so they still sell sporting arms. They just stopped carrying the popular self defense weapons, but if you are interested in traditional hunting rifles the still carry those.

They don’t have shit for selection, and the ones they do carry are a fucking joke...
Probably less than 5% of their sales are firearms… Most likely they are lying If they are selling any firearms and ammo. They already said they’re going to get out of the business altogether.... That makes them anti-Second Amendment
People who don't know any better may believe your lies, but I looked over what they had to offer. They have high quality brand name hunting rifles that include Marlin, Ruger, Savage and Remington in every caliber needed to hunt any game in North America. Whether you are planning a hunt in Maine or Alaska, Kansas or Wyoming, for anything that can be hunted in any of those state, a quality appropriate firearm can be purchased at that place. If you want to call the name brand firearms I listed as crap in your opinion go ahead.
They are selling low-end remington, savage, marlin and Ruger arms. The ones made for big box stores… Low-quality.
I sell firearms and ammo for a living, just look at the models of those firearms not just the brand… Low-end

They are selling low-end remington, savage, marlin and Ruger arms. The ones made for big box stores… Low-quality.
I sell firearms and ammo for a living, just look at the models of those firearms not just the brand… Low-end

That’s even if they are even selling them anymore… LOL

That’s even if they are even selling them anymore… LOL
I think some of their target rifles get up to $1000 which is nothing for a good target rifle. And their so-called hunting rifles $500-$600 ain’t worth a shit...

Well sure, just like golf clubs and tennis rackets, but they are purchasing and selling to a specific demographic, which is not the avid sportsman or professional. They are selling to guys who are planning a once a year hunting trip and do not want to spend a fortune on a firearm that they will probably only use once or twice and then put it in the closet for the next ?? years.

Well sure, just like golf clubs and tennis rackets, but they are purchasing and selling to a specific demographic, which is not the avid sportsman or professional. They are selling to guys who are planning a once a year hunting trip and do not want to spend a fortune on a firearm that they will probably only use once or twice and then put it in the closet for the next ?? years.
So they are not a serious seller of firearms, they’re obviously anti-Second Amendment. And firearms and ammo probably make up less than four or 5% of their sales if they even sell any.

So they are not a serious seller of firearms, they’re obviously anti-Second Amendment. And firearms and ammo probably make up less than four or 5% of their sales if they even sell any.
So, what markings would indicate a "low level" Remington 700?

I see Dick’s has really shitty customer service, And poor employee relations

So, what markings would indicate a "low level" Remington 700?
Well first of all, a Remington 700 is a entry-level rifle. And just like stereo equipment or anything that is sold in big box stores they make a lower level just for that market.
And Remington’s aren’t what they used to be by any stretch of the imagination... They have been bought and sold a dozen times and are considered pretty much low-end

It is,first and foremost, a tool of death. I am not saying it cannot also be used to accomplish those things,and you are missing my point.

No, I'm pointing out that you have no point because your fear and hatred is blinding you to the truth. It is NOT a tool of death. It is so much more than that. It's all about the PERSON that is using it.
And the vast majority of people shouldn't be using them.

That would be your OPINION, but your opinion is not persuasive.
Doesn't have to be persuasive because it is slowly becoming pervasive.

No, sadly for you, it is not.

Analysis | One in five Americans wants the Second Amendment to be repealed, national survey finds
BZZZZZT! Straw man alert!

I haven't advocated for the repeal of the second amendment nor was that the subject of my post!

Would you like to try again, honestly this time?

So, I guess you conservitards aren't OK with a business deciding on it's own what it does and does not sell.

So much for freedom huh?
No, They can do whatever they want. It’s none of the federal government business.
Still, Dicks is the anti-Second Amendment business… End of story
Lol, you are almost endlessly amusing.

At the annual shareholders meeting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, CEO Edward Stack of Dick's Sporting Goods was confronted and grilled by shareholder and Second Amendment advocate David Almasi as to why the sporting good giant betrayed it's customers and more importantly "America's right to keep and bear arms" which is a founding principle of our democracy.

Almasi, a vice president at the National Center for Public Policy Research, attended the meeting representing the think tank's Free Enterprise Project, confronted Stack, accusing him of violating his responsibilities and fiduciary duties, by purposely giving money in support of anti gun propagandists.

Within the crowded assembly Almasi challenged Stack's anti gun stand, blasting the retailer's recent capitulation to the frenzied anti-gun zealots, stating; "Dick's has damaged its reputation by lending its voice and its resources to those who want to abolish the Second Amendment."

Adding, "30% of American adults own guns and another 11% live with someone who does. You've now alienated them."

The sudden assault to our Second Amendment by the retail sporting-goods giant began soon after the February 17th Parkland massacre, in which 17-innocent individuals were senselessly gunned down by a deranged loner.

The company also announced that it would raise the age limit to 21, for purchasing "all firearms," ironically the age limit is 3-years after the legal age for someone serving within the military.

However the most egregious policy change by Dick's is in their mistreatment of their loyal customer's, which are avoid sports enthusiasts, who respect the Second Amendment.

The scorched earth business decision by Dick's to willfully abandon a sizable portion of their loyal customer base, has had a profound negative effect on their bottom-line admitted Stack.
Just another politically correct company that does not believe in the Second Amendment

It was not a political belief that made them do what they did. It was an economic one. They don't need a weatherman to see which way the wind is blowing. Corporations are all about making profit. The David Hogg generation is what counts, it is the future, not the Ollie North generation, that is the past.

So they decided to stay away and out of the attention, emotions and politics of the gun issue by placing themselves right in the center of the attention, emotions and politics of the gun issue? The smart money would have been to just do nothing. They are a sporting goods store----- guns were just one more sporting good. They could have simply cracked down on tougher sales to minors. That would have been fine. Stocks don't show the entire picture; give it time, Dicks is going to suffer and die.

Have you ever been to one of these meetings ? Get your nurse to take you to one when you are rational.

I guess you don't comprehend English too well either. Try reading what I said before you make a fool of yourself yet again.
This is what happens.
You buy your share through a broker and you are on the register.
You get an invite to the meeting and an information pack.
You turn up at the meeting and your name is checked against the register.
You are given a voting card and generally get a coffee and a biscuit.

Meeting starts and you go through a basic order of business.
The board presents the accounts ad invites questions from the floor.
You ask your question.

At no point does anybody ask you how many shares you have.
Why do you lie so much ?

They don't need to ask silly boy because they KNOW how many you have, and there is a policy in place for choosing who gets to ask their questions. Here's a hint, one vote doesn't get you past the first decision point. There are multiple decision points that determine who gets to ask questions. Here's another hint, all of the clowns who have one vote are listed in a special file as problems. The Board of Directors knows that those people who have single shares are trouble makers. Guess what, they control them very easily because of that.

Unlike you, they are smart and know what they're doing.
https://www.slaughterandmay.com/media/803989/the-law-of-difficult-meetings.pdf
You are full of shiit as usual.

I guess you missed section 11. I suggest you read it. Especially that part that references the Right to speak shall be curtailed if the members voting rights are restricted. If you have a single share of stock you don't have Preferred Stock. Preferred Stock votes, yours doesn't.
A lot of companies have A and B shares and B shares do not have the right to vote. But this, section 11, actually proves my point. There are no restrictions on shareholders asking questions.
Perhaps you have a link that backs up your position ?

Weird, all the doom and gloom news and Dick's Sporting Goods stock has not been hurt at all. In fact, the stock is up.

Right-on!

View attachment 199293

Oh boy look at that ONE DAY graph! Holy shit batman that looks great! Try taking a look at the five year graph boys and girls. Your "analysis" is laughable.

View attachment 199302

Happy now?
They seem to be doing all right.

Forum List

Back