Dick's Crossed The NRA And They Hit Back Hard. Now Dick's Has To Deal With...The Best Sales Ever

You people are arguing about a retail store that used to sell guns. Nobody cares. As if selling guns or not is going to influence where one shops.

If a store is anti-gun, I boycott it. Wonder if Academy will make a record profit? They started kicking Walmart's ass on ammo prices as Walmart exits that market.

As an individual, I'd say that the real reason Dick's got out of firearms sales is that they were not heavily vested and could not be competitive. Dicks took an advantage of a situation since most of their customers drive hybrid cars and watch Dwayne Johnson doing the Fairy movie. I think that way because I recently started getting out of combloc weapons and I've had ammo on sale for below wholesale - the only people buying from me are dealers. Dick's was the most expensive game in town. So I know they weren't selling much in the way of firearms.

Trump are over-confident with Trump in office, so buy your ammo now. It will be like investing in gold when the Dems take over. I'd store it and wait if I had the space.

Why when I started to read the title and saw "Dicks crossed" immediately thought it was another boot-edge-edge thread?

Last year, the Parkland students took on the NRA. The student survivors of the massacre found themselves being viciously attacked by the right, but they held marches and rallies across the nation regardless, and intensely targeted the campaigns of cowardly legislators. Their efforts paid off. They got gun safety legislation passed in several states, and then shamed virtually every one of the NRA’s sponsors. The kids showed what many of us have known for years: that the NRA is a paper tiger. The one thing they could always count on is to get their minions to mobilize and strong-arm against any action whatsoever to stop gun massacres. I guess that’s not a thing anymore. The NRA is now a toxic brand, and it’s about damn time.

Dick's crossed the NRA, and they hit back hard. Now Dick's has to deal with...best sales ever

How about those yeti coolers?
Yeti coolers are $$$ and those dumbasses who blew theirs up are losers. NRA is nothing but money grubbers who don't give a shit about spending membership money on themselves.
Those dumbasses are also losers because they had a temper-tantrum after Dick’s decided to stop selling AR 15s.

No one believes the Kos. Dicks has to close 8 Field and Stream stores. That's what boosted sales in the remaining stores.

You people are arguing about a retail store that used to sell guns. Nobody cares. As if selling guns or not is going to influence where one shops.

If a store is anti-gun, I boycott it. Wonder if Academy will make a record profit? They started kicking Walmart's ass on ammo prices as Walmart exits that market.

As an individual, I'd say that the real reason Dick's got out of firearms sales is that they were not heavily vested and could not be competitive. Dicks took an advantage of a situation since most of their customers drive hybrid cars and watch Dwayne Johnson doing the Fairy movie. I think that way because I recently started getting out of combloc weapons and I've had ammo on sale for below wholesale - the only people buying from me are dealers. Dick's was the most expensive game in town. So I know they weren't selling much in the way of firearms.

Trump are over-confident with Trump in office, so buy your ammo now. It will be like investing in gold when the Dems take over. I'd store it and wait if I had the space.
Also the over-saturated market. Colt states the same.

Colt suspends production of AR-15 for civilian market

Dicks is also opening a large number of new stores throughout the USA. More stores equals more revenue. I personally will never shop there because of their political stance. But guns were never a primary part of their revenue in any case.

Yup. Most people buy after market ARs. In general they are higher quality than Colt.

Wasn't always the case, but it is now.

Yup. Most people buy after market ARs. In general they are higher quality than Colt.

I have seen a lot of crap, too. And Colt is higher priced.

Last year, the Parkland students took on the NRA. The student survivors of the massacre found themselves being viciously attacked by the right, but they held marches and rallies across the nation regardless, and intensely targeted the campaigns of cowardly legislators. Their efforts paid off. They got gun safety legislation passed in several states, and then shamed virtually every one of the NRA’s sponsors. The kids showed what many of us have known for years: that the NRA is a paper tiger. The one thing they could always count on is to get their minions to mobilize and strong-arm against any action whatsoever to stop gun massacres. I guess that’s not a thing anymore. The NRA is now a toxic brand, and it’s about damn time.

Dick's crossed the NRA, and they hit back hard. Now Dick's has to deal with...best sales ever

Yeti coolers are $$$ and those dumbasses who blew theirs up are losers. NRA is nothing but money grubbers who don't give a shit about spending membership money on themselves.
Those dumbasses are also losers because they had a temper-tantrum after Dick’s decided to stop selling AR 15s.
Like burning $$$ Nikes. F'n boneheads.

Last edited:

I have seen a lot of crap, too. And Colt is higher priced.

Yes, up until about 10 years ago Colt was the best. Not any longer.

I use to shop a Dick's.

Now I wouldn't set foot in that filthy ass commie store.

Fuck 'em.

The strength of the NRA are its millions of members who value their gun rights

When you attack the NRA you are attacking some of your friends and neighbors

I use to shop a Dick's.

Now I wouldn't set foot in that filthy ass commie store.

Fuck 'em.

I know right? Who do they think they are not facilitating weapons of mass shooting? It's unnamurrikin.

:cuckoo:

Weapons of mass murder? You mean like handguns, the most common gun used in shootings...you moron.....

Mass public shootings in 2018....12....total killed, 93. Total killed with rifles, 33........you are an idiot......

18 million AR-15 rifles in private hands in this country.......less than 33 people killed with them in mass public shootings, you dope...

Bicycles killed more people.....so I guess according to you they would be weapons of mass killing...you moron...

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Gun.....

2018........10,265 ...

2016, 11,138

Rifle......297 ( 2017... 403)

knives, 1,515

Blunt objects.... 443

hands and feet... 672

Cars.... 2017 ...... 38,659

Bicycle...345

If you want a high quality one, you build them from scratch.

If you want a high quality one, you build them from scratch.

Correct. You get an 80 percent receiver so that later the government won't be knocking on your door to collect their weapon.

You need a Cold Hammer Forged Barrel that is chrome lined (unless you fancy yourself a target shooter where under 1 inch groups are needed.)

Go for a quality bolt carrier group like WMD, Toolcraft or maybe DD or BCM if you like to waste money.

Top that off with a quality trigger group on a set of parts that meet / exceed milspec and you can own a quality rifle for two thirds the cost of a brand name that may not have the specific features you want.

Forum List

Back