Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

Never heard of ‘em.

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

I quite like Mr. Stack.
Dick's maintains a very small section of firearms. Most of its business caters to joggers, weight-lifters, tennis players, football players and baseball players. In the firearms sales business, they are insignificant.

Not really.. When you include the decoys, accessories, hunting gear, fishing stuff --- it's 25% of their floorspace..
A lot of hunting stuff is common to other areas like apparel or camping gear. Not to mention the SURVIVAL gear which is yet another "gun demographic". They are doomed. Trust me on this..
I've been in DIck's and I've been in Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops. Dick's doesn't compare.

That's right. And as I said --- gun owners ARE tennis players and joggers. In my area -- about 55% of the population owns multiple guns.

The greatest country in the world helpless to reduce the firearm homicide rate and the rate of mass shootings of its own citizens and school kids to first world levels. Rather you than me.
Yeah, you're not going to shame us into giving up our guns. That won't work. If you are insulting the U.S., remember who daddy is. That's right. Keep that in mind.

Heller shoots that down.
So you're helpless. Helpless.

The greatest country in the world helpless to reduce the firearm homicide rate and the rate of mass shootings of its own citizens and school kids to first world levels. Rather you than me.

Big part of your problem is -- you believe the Feds are the ONLY competent equalizer. As shown over and over again -- the SAFEGUARDS already in place don't work because the Feds and the bureaucracy is inept, unmotivated and unaccountable. And what's even sicker --- NO ONE wants to fix that.

7 out of 10 of the last mass shootings have SIGNIFICANT errors and flaws in PERFORMANCE from govt. You want MORE of that? Make it more complicated? Good luck with your belief in SuperHeroes...

I guess the private sector is starting to take care of these semi-automatic weapons faster than congress ever will.

NEW YORK -

Dick's Sporting Goods, one of the nation's largest outdoor retailers, has announced they will stop selling "assault style rifles" in stores. The retailer also said that they will no longer sell high capacity magazines, or any guns to those under the age of 21.

The decision comes in reaction to the recent tragedy in Parkland, Florida

DXH6E86X0AAPh0u.jpg:large

A nice hunting rifle with a wooden (or simulated) stock appeals to people who hunt or just like to shoot. Military looking, macho-perfumed 'guns' appeal to odd minds with a propensity to anti-social behaviors.

Columbine happened under the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.

That's worth repeating.
Yes. Handguns need to be severely regulated too, in order to reduce the rate of public massacre and the firearm homicide rate. Also, nearly 50% of homicides are committed with handguns in the US.

Thanks for exposing that you gun-grabbers will never be satisfied and will be coming for pistols next. Just go on and say: "The end result is to disarm all Americans." Commie

Last edited:
Never heard of ‘em.

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

I quite like Mr. Stack.
Dick's maintains a very small section of firearms. Most of its business caters to joggers, weight-lifters, tennis players, football players and baseball players. In the firearms sales business, they are insignificant.

Not really.. When you include the decoys, accessories, hunting gear, fishing stuff --- it's 25% of their floorspace..
A lot of hunting stuff is common to other areas like apparel or camping gear. Not to mention the SURVIVAL gear which is yet another "gun demographic". They are doomed. Trust me on this..

Just a few years ago, "The Sports Authority" did the same thing. Shortly after, they were done. People don't like that SJW crap. :dunno:

Last edited:
Then you ban the AK platform.

You cannot ban the ability to innovate.

Whatever cosmetics aspects of a firearm you may ban ...
It won't ban the manufactures from building a firearm that circumvents the ban.

These Stores Stopped Selling Assault Weapons:
Dick's Sporting Goods
Gander Mountain Sporting Goods
Cabella's Sporting Goods
Bass Pro Sporting Goods
Walmart
Sams Club
Kroger

Major Airlines & others Stopped all Discounts to NRA Members.

Last edited:
Except that mass shooters have shown they prefer it you are exactly right.

Mass shooters prefer to shoot a bunch of people.
There are millions of assault weapons in the hands of civilians that aren't mass shooters.

The difference is in the shooter ... Not the firearm.
It's the nut behind the bolt every time.

A nice hunting rifle with a wooden (or simulated) stock appeals to people who hunt or just like to shoot. Military looking, macho-perfumed 'guns' appeal to odd minds with a propensity to anti-social behaviors.
So, it is purely cosmetic?

Then the AK is alright with you?
:lol:

Fucking retards.

But, since Heller pretty much confirmed that hand guns are protected under the 2nd Amendment, ARs are the new communist left boogeyweapon, right?
Let's see. Sandy Hook, San Bernadino, Orlando, Dallas, Vegas, Parkland. Have a guess, what sort of weapon was used in these mass shootings? I'd say it is the current weapon of choice of mass shooters. They all seem to use an AR platform to me.

iu

These Stores Stopped Selling Assault Weapons:
Dick's Sporting Goods
Gander Mountain Sporting Goods
Cabella's Sporting Goods
Bass Pro Sporting Goods
Walmart
Sams Club

Major Airlines & others Stopped all Discounts to NRA Members.

Link?

Forum List

Back