Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

28468105_10155948585446183_8669966523307002200_n.jpg

But, since Heller pretty much confirmed that hand guns are protected under the 2nd Amendment, ARs are the new communist left boogeyweapon, right?
Let's see. Sandy Hook, San Bernadino, Orlando, Dallas, Vegas, Parkland. Have a guess, what sort of weapon was used in these mass shootings? I'd say it is the current weapon of choice of mass shooters. They all seem to use an AR platform to me.

So where's your link? Or are you making this stuff up as you go?
I certainly didn't make up Sandy Hook, Vegas or Parkland. I don't know how you can suggest I did.

Of course you didn't, you horse's ass. Let's recap, shall we?

Talking about AR-15s, you said: Except that mass shooters have shown they prefer it you are exactly right. I think this is where you started making stuff up.

And I said: Except it's NOT the gun people are using, most of the mass shootings in this country were not done by an AR-15.

And you said: Except for the last...four, is it? Making stuff up again. So I asked for a link.

I said: Dunno, is it? Link? So maybe the next 4 will use some other weapon, the Supreme Court has ruled that any state can ban AR-15s, right? And some have done so or are about to. Let the people in each state make their own laws and let's see what happens.

You said: Maybe. Sandy Hook, Vegas and Parkland may not be all the recent shootings but they're certainly in the majority. Of recent shootings? Since you didn't do any research, I did it myself: Those incidents are the ones we hear about in the news but they ain't in the majority. According to the link below, there have been 48 mass shootings in 2018 alone, if you consider a mass shooting to be 4 or more people getting shot. And guess what, most of 'em were not shot with an AR-15. Just a couple of days ago in Detroit there was a mass shooting where a guy shot and killed 4 people and then shot and killed himself for a total of 5 deaths; didn't use an AR-15 BTW, he used a handgun.

Mass Shooting Tracker

So I said: So where's your link? Or are you making this stuff up as you go? Again you didn't provide a damn thing, which you're entitled to do but it does sorta leave open to questions.

And then you got all snarky. So tell us, where's your support for your claim that mass shooters prefer the AR-15? Where's your support for the claim that the last 4 mass shootings were done by someone with an AR-15? And then you say that Sandy Hook, Vegas, and Parkland were in the majority. Of what, shootings? I don't think so, we've had more shootings than that, many NOT by AR-15s. You post shit with nothing to back it up, that won't fly very far around here.

Look at Sandy Hook and Parkland, suppose those killers had not had access to an AR-15, do you think that no shooting would have taken place? Or would they have simply used another weapon(s)? What about the hundreds of mass shootings that don't make the news on MSNBC or CNN? Where's the outrage about what's going on in Chicago, how many places have a higher murder rate and gun violence than they do, even though their gun control laws are pretty damn tight, no?

Let's see. Sandy Hook, San Bernadino, Orlando, Dallas, Vegas, Parkland. Have a guess, what sort of weapon was used in these mass shootings? I'd say it is the current weapon of choice of mass shootings. They all seem to be on the AR platfor
And, there is NOTHING particularly unique about the AR platform that causes those loons/terrorists to chose that platform but the simple notoriety the communist left and their propaganda arms have arbitrarily attached to that platform.

According to the link below, there have been 48 mass shootings in 2018 alone, if you consider a mass shooting to be 4 or more people getting shot.
No, I use the FBI aligned mass shooting label, where four or more people are killed, not including the shooter.

Look at Sandy Hook and Parkland, suppose those killers had not had access to an AR-15, do you think that no shooting would have taken place? Or would they have simply used another weapon(s)?
I agree, and have said, that handguns will need to be strictly regulated to reduce the rate of mass shootings and the firearm homicide rate.

You mean fps? Feet per second?

How does that help in a closed-quartes situation like a mass shooting?

That cartridge (5.56/.223) was designed for engagement at 100 to 500 yards.

Please tell me you have more. Your response is demonstrating ignorance.

Heller shoots that down.
So you're helpless. Helpless.

The greatest country in the world helpless to reduce the firearm homicide rate and the rate of mass shootings of its own citizens and school kids to first world levels. Rather you than me.

Last edited:
Never heard of ‘em.

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

I see bankruptcy in Dick's future..

What retards to shit on their core customers.

Made a thread just for you to explain your rationale...Many hunters use AR15s...
They're idiots.

Actually no they're not. Semi Auto high velocity, small bore with laser or scope is FINE for hunting wild hogs, deer and especially for running off varmints or protection on a wilderness camp. Or to dissuade looters during a disaster for that matter.

If you're patient and humane, you can bring deer more cleanly than most bow hunters.. Go ask a bow hunter about one arrow kills..

Never heard of ‘em.

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

I quite like Mr. Stack.
Dick's maintains a very small section of firearms. Most of its business caters to joggers, weight-lifters, tennis players, football players and baseball players. In the firearms sales business, they are insignificant.

Never heard of ‘em.

I quite like Mr. Stack.
Dick's maintains a very small section of firearms. Most of its business caters to joggers, weight-lifters, tennis players, football players and baseball players. In the firearms sales business, they are insignificant.

Not really.. When you include the decoys, accessories, hunting gear, fishing stuff --- it's 25% of their floorspace..
A lot of hunting stuff is common to other areas like apparel or camping gear. Not to mention the SURVIVAL gear which is yet another "gun demographic". They are doomed. Trust me on this..

Never heard of ‘em.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

Not really.. When you include the decoys, accessories, hunting gear, fishing stuff --- it's 25% of their floorspace..
A lot of hunting stuff is common to other areas like apparel or camping gear. Not to mention the SURVIVAL gear which is yet another "gun demographic". They are doomed. Trust me on this..
I've been in DIck's and I've been in Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops. Dick's doesn't compare.

Never heard of ‘em.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

Besides -- gun owners are not tennis players or joggers? C'mon.. THink....

Forum List

Back