Dick’s, Major Gun Retailer, Will Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles

Columbine happened under the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.

That's worth repeating.
Yes. Handguns need to be severely regulated too, in order to reduce the rate of public massacre and the firearm homicide rate. Also, nearly 50% of homicides are committed with handguns in the US.

Playing the "That Isn't What You Call It" game is getting old.
For gun nuts it will never get old. They have nothing else.
When you anti Constitutional gun grabbers have nothing but lies so that you can scare people into supporting giving up their rights, it isn't those who defend the Constitution that has nothing left.

Her body = her choice 100% == 2nd amendment = their choice and I'd argue that /ANY/ attempts at regulation are against the base principles of "freedom," even if you want to toss in the [communistic] caveat of "reasonable freedom."

There are exactly /zero/ law abiding gun owners shooting up schools, concerts, etc.

Never heard of ‘em.

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

Dunno how prominent he is. I'm sure he's a fine fellow, but he makes stupid business decisions (see above) based upon the emotional reactions of others.

He probably doesn't sell a lot of "assault rifles" (whatever those are), but I'd wager he just alienated a good number of general customers.

CVS Pharmacies in this region stopped selling cigarettes awhile back, in a noble attempt to appear noble and stuff.

People just went to the 7-11 half a block down.

Did you read the article? Watch the footage? He didn't knee jerk anything, he went based on his own feelings after the most recent shooting.

Never heard of ‘em.

One of the nation’s largest sports retailers, Dick’s Sporting Goods, said Wednesday morning it was immediately ending sales of all assault-style rifles in its stores.

The retailer also said that it would no longer sell high-capacity magazines and that it would not sell any gun to anyone under 21 years of age, regardless of local laws.

The announcement, made two weeks after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., that killed 17 students and staff members, is one of the strongest stances taken by corporate America in the national gun debate. It also carries symbolic weight, coming from a prominent national gunseller.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

Dunno how prominent he is. I'm sure he's a fine fellow, but he makes stupid business decisions (see above) based upon the emotional reactions of others.

He probably doesn't sell a lot of "assault rifles" (whatever those are), but I'd wager he just alienated a good number of general customers.

CVS Pharmacies in this region stopped selling cigarettes awhile back, in a noble attempt to appear noble and stuff.

Did you read the article? Watch the footage? He didn't knee jerk anything, he went based on his own feelings after the most recent shooting.

So ... why didn't he do it after the one before?

Never heard of ‘em.

I quite like Mr. Stack.

So ... why didn't he do it after the one before?

Kids. Which makes me wonder, why selling after Sandy Hook? Or is that the one where they stopped selling for awhile.

Anyone who thinks the AR platform is a good hunting platform is stupid. I assume that includes you.
Anyone who makes a blanket statement about said platform without even a scintilla of elaboration and support, is the same.

It is the best hog gun on the market, in my opinion.

Yes. Handguns need to be severely regulated too, in order to reduce the rate of public massacre and the firearm homicide rate. Also, nearly 50% of homicides are committed with handguns in the US.
But, since Heller pretty much confirmed that hand guns are protected under the 2nd Amendment, ARs are the new communist left boogeyweapon, right?

Forum List

Back