Dictator Bloomberg to restrict pain killers in NYC

CaféAuLait;6637967 said:
Anyone who needs painkillers for more than 3 days should get them from an actual doctor treating them, not the emergency room.

So if I broke my ankle and went to the ER, doc says here you go I got your covered for 3 days and my PCM can't see me until 7-10 days later, what do I do?

Barring an existing medical condition, it would be very rare to need more than 3 days of painkillers for a broken ankle.

72 hours, eh? You don't know that, if there are nerves affected and or were damaged in the break or any other problem and what kind of break determines many things. Swelling and or other tissue damage.

We can call a Rose a Daisy but that doesn't make it so.

Not my fault New Yokkers are too stupid to know the differences between the Parties.
Your No true Scotsman doesn't alter the fact that you don't seem to understand the situation.

This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact. When New Yorkers went in to vote, Bloomberg's name appeared in the "Republican Party" row.
He isn't a Republican you illiterate pigfucker.
And yet, he was elected (3 times) under the Republican Party.

A basic understanding of NY politics might help you out here. Look up "fusion voting".

he was elected as a republican, you drug addled loon.

This man is insane. But he represents Liberal hell on earth.

Bloomberg isn't a liberal. He's won mayor as a Republican and as an Independent but never a Democrat.

"Some of the most common and most powerful prescription painkillers on the market will be restricted sharply in the emergency rooms at New York City’s 11 public hospitals, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said Thursday in an effort to crack down on what he called a citywide and national epidemic of prescription drug abuse.

Under the new city policy, most public hospital patients will no longer be able to get more than three days’ worth of narcotic painkillers like Vicodin and Percocet"

FUBAR'D that's the world of liberals these days. Control freaks. YIKES.

City officials said the policy was aimed at reducing the growing dependency on painkillers and preventing excess amounts of drugs from being taken out of medicine chests and sold on the street or abused by teenagers and others who want to get high.

“Abuse of prescription painkillers in our city has increased alarmingly,” Mr. Bloomberg said in announcing the new policy at Elmhurst Hospital Center, a public hospital in Queens.

Over 250,000 New Yorkers over age 12 are abusing prescription painkillers, he said, leading to rising hospital admissions for overdoses and deaths, Medicare fraud by doctors who write false prescriptions and violent crime like “holdups at neighborhood pharmacies.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/n...public-hospitals-emergency-rooms.html?hp&_r=0

Dude just because you're a pill head doesn't mean we have to make it easy for you.

CaféAuLait;6638327 said:
CaféAuLait;6637967 said:
So if I broke my ankle and went to the ER, doc says here you go I got your covered for 3 days and my PCM can't see me until 7-10 days later, what do I do?

Barring an existing medical condition, it would be very rare to need more than 3 days of painkillers for a broken ankle.

72 hours, eh? You don't know that, if there are nerves affected and or were damaged in the break or any other problem and what kind of break determines many things. Swelling and or other tissue damage.

Anything more than a simple break wouldn't be handled by the ER - you'd actually be admitted to the hospital. Which would then make this law not apply.

CaféAuLait;6638327 said:

Anything more than a simple break wouldn't be handled by the ER - you'd actually be admitted to the hospital. Which would then make this law not apply.

A simple break can cause tissue damage as well as nerve damage which is not evident during initial exam no two patients experience pain the same as childbirth suggests. As I mentioned above for one to see their PMC may take weeks. A mayor should not decide how a licensed physician treats their patients. A mayor is not a doctor. There are fail-safes which are not being used as simple as a data base for repeat doctor shoppers.

Pssst, that just means the Voters are stupid.

We can call a Rose a Daisy but that doesn't make it so.

Not my fault New Yokkers are too stupid to know the differences between the Parties.
Your No true Scotsman doesn't alter the fact that you don't seem to understand the situation.

This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact. When New Yorkers went in to vote, Bloomberg's name appeared in the "Republican Party" row.
And yet, he was elected (3 times) under the Republican Party.

A basic understanding of NY politics might help you out here. Look up "fusion voting".

he was elected as a republican, you drug addled loon.

You guys are fuckin idiots.

More than two million prescriptions for opioid painkillers are written in New York City each year, the equivalent of a quarter of the city’s population, Dr. Farley said, and about 40,000 New Yorkers are already dependent on painkillers and need treatment. Painkillers were involved in 173 accidental overdose deaths in New York City in 2010, a 30 percent rise from five years earlier.

You guys are fuckin idiots.

More than two million prescriptions for opioid painkillers are written in New York City each year, the equivalent of a quarter of the city’s population, Dr. Farley said, and about 40,000 New Yorkers are already dependent on painkillers and need treatment. Painkillers were involved in 173 accidental overdose deaths in New York City in 2010, a 30 percent rise from five years earlier.

It seems to me that the real idiots are the approx. 1/4 of NYC residents who can't cope without medication....

No worries. Nanny Bloomberg is doing it for their own good. These are "Assault" Medications and something must be done.

Bloomberg is an independent. He doesn't fit either party.

True. But he was elected as a republican when he first ran for mayor.

He certainly isn't a "lib".

Someone needs to explain it to the rightwingnut imbeciles

Jillian the man is a wannabe crazie. Come on. For crying out loud the man is a wanna be dictator.

You people are nuts if you back this monster of a man.

Last edited:

Jillian the man is a wannabe crazie. Come on. For crying out loud the man is a wanna be dictator.

And if you cant see this or admit this......

I'm rocking with Ozzie

You people are nuts if you back this monster of a man.
Get a grip.

Out of line? Yes.
Over the top? Sure

A monster? :rolleyes:

This man is insane. But he represents the people who elected and re-elected him.

Fixed it for ya.
He's not insane. He just needs to be kidnapped for awhile. The experience would bring him down to Earth and level him off.

This man is insane. But he represents Liberal hell on earth.

"Some of the most common and most powerful prescription painkillers on the market will be restricted sharply in the emergency rooms at New York City’s 11 public hospitals, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said Thursday in an effort to crack down on what he called a citywide and national epidemic of prescription drug abuse.

Under the new city policy, most public hospital patients will no longer be able to get more than three days’ worth of narcotic painkillers like Vicodin and Percocet"

FUBAR'D that's the world of liberals these days. Control freaks. YIKES.

City officials said the policy was aimed at reducing the growing dependency on painkillers and preventing excess amounts of drugs from being taken out of medicine chests and sold on the street or abused by teenagers and others who want to get high.

“Abuse of prescription painkillers in our city has increased alarmingly,” Mr. Bloomberg said in announcing the new policy at Elmhurst Hospital Center, a public hospital in Queens.

Over 250,000 New Yorkers over age 12 are abusing prescription painkillers, he said, leading to rising hospital admissions for overdoses and deaths, Medicare fraud by doctors who write false prescriptions and violent crime like “holdups at neighborhood pharmacies.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/n...public-hospitals-emergency-rooms.html?hp&_r=0

What's the problem? You're upset that NYC is trying to reduce the sheer numbers of prescription drugs being illegally resold on the street? Those drugs which are now responsible for more overdoses and deaths than illegal drugs? Those drugs which are actually intended to be used therapeutically by patients with real life medical needs as opposed to being used by drug addicts, thereby driving up the costs for everybody, including the taxpayers?

Bloomberg is a self made billionaire and the 10th richest person in the country. He founded an incredibly successful company, served as the CEO until his entrance into politics, and continues to be a 90% majority owner. He can't be a liberal. No liberal can be that rich. They are horribly irresponsible with money, haven't the slightest business sense at all, and can't create a job to save their lives.

He is insane....he actually believes rich people won't get their pills from their doctor or some people won't go to NJ to get more pills???

He continues to show how stupid he is on a daily basis.

If you take a person in severe pain and give him a soporific, but fail to adequately treat the pain, the person will likely go insane.
Bloomy's practicing medicine without a license here. Watch how the c@cksucker tap dances around after some strapping 300 pounder starts throwing cops and other bystanders off the roof of a five or ten story building because the doc gave him some heavy duty valiums or alprazalalazams in place of a little oxycodone that Bloomy ordered "No! No! No! You mustn't do that!"

Prescription drugs are the worst, way worse than street drugs. What the pharmaceutical industry has been allowed to get with and do to our society over the last few decades is absolutely criminal and close to treasonous. They've essentially flooded our streets with synthetic heroin destroying the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans. I'm behind virtually any attempt to combat this evilness.

Forum List

Back