Did NC and TX change their Voting Procedure?

Nope, get informed on the topic and get back to us.
So you then must agree that the governor cannot use emergency powers to usurp power that you say the constitution grants solely to the state legislature?

So you then must agree that the governor cannot use emergency powers to usurp power that you say the constitution grants solely to the state legislature?
I agree with nothing you say Nofacts. Either go back and catch up on the issues that have already been discussed or expect to be ignored.

Exactly. Fuck stay at home orders. Right?
That’s what I’ve been hearing from the right all along, but they seem shockingly inconsistent when it comes to taking away the votes from a state that voted for Trump.

I agree with nothing you say Nofacts. Either go back and catch up on the issues that have already been discussed or expect to be ignored.
All caught up. You think that Abbott can use emergency powers to override the US constitution. That’s insane.

All caught up. You think that Abbott can use emergency powers to override the US constitution. That’s insane.
Read his proclamation. It cites all relevant statutes to ensure it's legality.

Still trying to figure out why you think any of these relevant statutes can override the constitution. The constitution says that changing election laws is the sole responsibility of the legislature. Can a statute change the constitution?

Still trying to figure out why you think any of these relevant statutes can override the constitution. The constitution says that changing election laws is the sole responsibility of the legislature. Can a statute change the constitution?
Go read it. It's all right there. Unless you don't think this Covid thing is an emergency.

Go read it. It's all right there. Unless you don't think this Covid thing is an emergency.
I read it. Did you?

You're claiming that the governor can suspend the constitution by using an emergency declaration. Do you think that's true?

You keep dodging the question because you probably don't know what you're talking about.

I read it. Did you?

You're claiming that the governor can suspend the constitution by using an emergency declaration. Do you think that's true?

You keep dodging the question because you probably don't know what you're talking about.
Clearly you didn't read it or the big words confused you.

The sued states did not LEGALLY NOR CONSTITUTIONALLY change their system, IT requires an act of the Legislature in a State to change the process. By the Constitution.,

Yup and that's where the States named in the suite fucked up. They didn't go through their legislatures. Totally unconstitutional. Texas and those backing the suite have a damned good case.
Texas didn't go through the legislature either shit brains.

Yes they did. I just read about it. You should too. The Dems in Texas tried to sue the Governor over it through the 5th circuit court of appeals and lost.

Nice story. The Governor and legislature made changes to cope with the Chinese virus.
Strange...their legislature only meets in even numbered years for 90 days.

They were not even in session in 2020.

Your move dumbfuck.

Guess you never heard of emergency meetings. Your move dumbfuck.

Please cite any source that talks about a special session of the legislature in Texas to consider extending the voting periods.

Support your argument dumbfuck. I'll wait.

The Texas Secretary of State approved the actions. If you want more, look it up yourself. LOL

Article. II.
Section. 1.

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

In such manner as the LEGISLATURE therof may direct...... Not the Governor not the secretary of State, not a committee, the Legislature.......

If the governor cannot issue a proclamation changing voting laws, then Texas is in violation of the very thing they are suing other states for then correct?
WE know for a fact that the 4 states in question violated their own laws. As for Texas you research it since you are making the claim.
I showed you the evidence earlier....

View attachment 427221

So this means that Texas is suing other states for something it did as well, right?
Not necessarily you would have to look up Texas law.

What does Texas law have to do with Constitutional Law which you are arguing?

Fact is if you believe those four states were wrong then Governor Abbott also broke the same law his AG is suing about and that mean Trump win in Texas should also be voided but you will argue no and it is different because Trump won the State...

In the end the USSC will deny Texas AG request and Biden will still be sworn in...

The sued states did not LEGALLY NOR CONSTITUTIONALLY change their system, IT requires an act of the Legislature in a State to change the process. By the Constitution.,

Yup and that's where the States named in the suite fucked up. They didn't go through their legislatures. Totally unconstitutional. Texas and those backing the suite have a damned good case.

Yes they did. I just read about it. You should too. The Dems in Texas tried to sue the Governor over it through the 5th circuit court of appeals and lost.

Nice story. The Governor and legislature made changes to cope with the Chinese virus.

Your move dumbfuck.

Please cite any source that talks about a special session of the legislature in Texas to consider extending the voting periods.

The Texas Secretary of State approved the actions. If you want more, look it up yourself. LOL

Well hold on now are the Governor or SOS of Texas the legislation branch?

No, so if they issue these changes without the legislation approval then they did exactly what those other four states did, but of course you will not care because Trump won Texas...

Your move dumbfuck.

The SoS isn't a member of the legislature. Try again brainless.

Your move dumbfuck.

Okay..

Texas is suing 4 other states right?

Did all of those Secretaries of state disapprove of how their elections were being done?

If not...what in the fuck are you talking about?

Your move dumbfuck.

The SoS isn't a member of the legislature. Try again brainless.

Isn’t it amazing they have no issue with a Governor Executive orders as long as Trump won that State...

Exactly. Fuck stay at home orders. Right?
That’s what I’ve been hearing from the right all along, but they seem shockingly inconsistent when it comes to taking away the votes from a state that voted for Trump.
I agree. Its just like the left. They will attack over this and completely support stay at home orders and other forms of unconstitutional deprivation of liberty.
2 sides of the same coin.

Election 2020: US Supreme Court determines NC voting rules | Raleigh News & Observer

And in TX.

How split-ticket voting might have affected some election outcomes in Texas | The Texas Tribune

What appears to have been their lifeline was a willingness of some Texas voters to split their tickets, rejecting Trump but nonetheless pulling the levers for the Republican Party’s other candidates. And it may have been aided by lawmakers’ decision to eliminate straight-ticket voting in the state, starting with this year’s election.

I hear that WI, MI, AZ, PA, NV and GA are developing a counter lawsuit against TX, what comes around goes around.
There should be no straight ticket voting--------

Forum List

Back