Did NC and TX change their Voting Procedure?

I agree. Its just like the left. They will attack over this and completely support stay at home orders and other forms of unconstitutional deprivation of liberty.
2 sides of the same coin.
Attack what? I'm not actually claiming that Abbott's order was unconstitutional. I'm merely probing why the conservatives, who agree with Paxton's hail mary lawsuit don't have the same standards for states that voted for Trump.

I agree. Its just like the left. They will attack over this and completely support stay at home orders and other forms of unconstitutional deprivation of liberty.
2 sides of the same coin.
Attack what? I'm not actually claiming that Abbott's order was unconstitutional. I'm merely probing why the conservatives, who agree with Paxton's hail mary lawsuit don't have the same standards for states that voted for Trump.
It was unconstitutional. Thats why texas republicans sued him.

The sued states did not LEGALLY NOR CONSTITUTIONALLY change their system, IT requires an act of the Legislature in a State to change the process. By the Constitution.,

Yup and that's where the States named in the suite fucked up. They didn't go through their legislatures. Totally unconstitutional. Texas and those backing the suite have a damned good case.
Texas didn't go through the legislature either shit brains.

Yes they did. I just read about it. You should too. The Dems in Texas tried to sue the Governor over it through the 5th circuit court of appeals and lost.

Nice story. The Governor and legislature made changes to cope with the Chinese virus.
Strange...their legislature only meets in even numbered years for 90 days.

They were not even in session in 2020.

Your move dumbfuck.

Guess you never heard of emergency meetings. Your move dumbfuck.

Please cite any source that talks about a special session of the legislature in Texas to consider extending the voting periods.

Support your argument dumbfuck. I'll wait.

The Texas Secretary of State approved the actions. If you want more, look it up yourself. LOL

The SoS isn't a member of the legislature. Try again brainless.

Isn’t it amazing they have no issue with a Governor Executive orders as long as Trump won that State...

I wonder if Paxton understands that if the USSC rules in favor of his complaint that it mean Texas votes will also be voided?

the time it took the GOP to file it, i believe.
Abbott made the declaration in late July. They sued about two months later in late September, about 2-3 weeks before early voting actually began. They might have had a chance if they sued right after the order came out.

Point is that you can't punish the voters for following the rules.

Clearly you didn't read it or the big words confused you.
Is that all you got?

You can't explain where I'm wrong, can you.

His entire justification is that he can suspend any law in an emergency. He can't suspend the constitution. Can he?
He didn't suspend the law or the Constitution, he extended the amount of time in which people could exercise their right to vote for the sake of public safety. You voter suppressors are getting sad.

He didn't suspend the law or the Constitution, he extended the amount of time in which people could exercise their right to vote for the sake of public safety. You voter suppressors are getting sad.
He changed the law about voting which constitutionally he cannot since that power resides solely with the legislature.

At least, that's true if you're being consistent with the argument put out there by Paxton.

He changed the law about voting which constitutionally he cannot since that power resides solely with the legislature.

At least, that's true if you're being consistent with the argument put out there by Paxton.
He changed the date not the process, and did so with the authority granted him in an emergency.

You hypocrites can hardly whine about Paxton's suit since you didn't care about this case until now.

He changed the date not the process, and did so with the authority granted him in an emergency.
It's an election, you don't think changing dates changes processes?

Give me a break. That makes zero sense. The dates in question are part of the material language of the law as passed by the Texas legislation. According to Paxton, those laws can only by changed by the state legislation, not by the governor regardless of an emergency declaration.

All I'm doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of Paxton's lawsuit.

It's an election, you don't think changing dates changes processes?

Give me a break. That makes zero sense. The dates in question are part of the material language of the law as passed by the Texas legislation. According to Paxton, those laws can only by changed by the state legislation, not by the governor regardless of an emergency declaration.

All I'm doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of Paxton's lawsuit.
You point Paxton's hypocrisy by proving your own. Bravo!

It's not. I don't actually have a problem with Abbott's order extending ballot deadlines. I have a problem with you guys have one sets of rules for states that voted for Biden and a different set of rules for states that voted for Trump.

The sued states did not LEGALLY NOR CONSTITUTIONALLY change their system, IT requires an act of the Legislature in a State to change the process. By the Constitution.,

An act of the legislature you say:

View attachment 427202

The governor of Texas issuing a proclamation isn't a legislative action....

So what do you say to all those Texicans who voted early? Sorry...your vote doesn't count?

Here is the part where you tell us that when Abbott issues an order it is perfectly fine but when officials in other states issue an order it is somehow bogus.

Hop to it.
I completely agree. What Abbott did was WRONG.

So, you agree with me that we need to move this matter to a 12th Amendment procedure immediately, correct?

It's not. I don't actually have a problem with Abbott's order extending ballot deadlines. I have a problem with you guys have one sets of rules for states that voted for Biden and a different set of rules for states that voted for Trump.
No we don't.

Fuck all of those orders.

De-certify all votes and let's get this done via the 12th.

No we don't.

Throw away all the votes of Americans because you’re guy couldn’t win?

You people are beyond pathetic.

No we don't.

There is ample proof that your side cheated.

No we don't.

There is ample proof that your side cheated.
They don't care. They know it happened and play dumb. All the while mocking anyone who questions it.

Forum List

Back