Did Somebody Mention Wall Street!

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008

Dopey Donald Trump with his Goofy Hat just announced an 'economic' team with few to zero economists on it.

Donald Trump has released the names of his economic advisers, a list heavy with Wall Street and real estate industry figures, but short of actual economists.

The names include several people from the world of hedge fund and private equity firms, including Steven Feinberg, chief executive and co-founder of Cerberus Capital Management; Thomas J. Barrack, chief executive of Colony Capital Management; and John Paulson, president of a hedge fund company bearing his name.

One major oil industry executive is on the list: Harold Hamm, CEO of Continental Resources, who made a fortune in Bakken Shale formation and is said by Forbes to be worth almost $13 billion.

Among the real estate industry executives Trump named are Howard M. Lorber, president and CEO of Vector Group, and Steven Roth, chief executive of Vornado Realty Trust.

The Trump campaign said in a statement that the team is comprised of the "top economists in the country as well as the most successful industry leaders in finance, real estate and technology."

"I am pleased that we have such a formidable group of experienced and talented individuals that will work with me to implement real solutions for the economic issues facing our country," Trump said in a statement. He added:

"For too long we have watched as President Obama and Hillary Clinton have ruined our economy and decimated the middle class. I am going to be the greatest jobs President our country has ever seen. We will do more for the hardworking people of our country and Make America Great Again."

Trump Names Wall Street And Real Estate Titans As Economic Advisers

Wall Street billionaires to advise Trump on populist economics

Dopey Donald Trump with his Goofy Hat just announced an 'economic' team with few to zero economists on it.

Donald Trump has released the names of his economic advisers, a list heavy with Wall Street and real estate industry figures, but short of actual economists.

The names include several people from the world of hedge fund and private equity firms, including Steven Feinberg, chief executive and co-founder of Cerberus Capital Management; Thomas J. Barrack, chief executive of Colony Capital Management; and John Paulson, president of a hedge fund company bearing his name.

One major oil industry executive is on the list: Harold Hamm, CEO of Continental Resources, who made a fortune in Bakken Shale formation and is said by Forbes to be worth almost $13 billion.

Among the real estate industry executives Trump named are Howard M. Lorber, president and CEO of Vector Group, and Steven Roth, chief executive of Vornado Realty Trust.

The Trump campaign said in a statement that the team is comprised of the "top economists in the country as well as the most successful industry leaders in finance, real estate and technology."

"I am pleased that we have such a formidable group of experienced and talented individuals that will work with me to implement real solutions for the economic issues facing our country," Trump said in a statement. He added:

"For too long we have watched as President Obama and Hillary Clinton have ruined our economy and decimated the middle class. I am going to be the greatest jobs President our country has ever seen. We will do more for the hardworking people of our country and Make America Great Again."

Wait a second, he wants people with real world experience?
Can't he just use academics, like Obama?

Economists are typically globalists and mobile labor free traders. Why would he have someone on his team that doesn't agree with protection?

• Banned

Wait a minute, what has Trump said about these people?

May as well hire Joe The Plumber to head the Trade Office

• Banned
Because the economists have done SO well by us.
Oh wait! Economists are responsible for the greed of people like Angelo Mozillo? And here we were told it was Barney Frank. Oh my!!!

""If it had passed, that would have been one of the ways we could have reined in the bowling ball going downhill called housing," Oxley told Frank. In an op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal, Lawrence B. Lindsey, a former economic adviser to President George W. Bush, wrote that Frank "is the only politician I know who has argued that we needed tighter rules that intentionally produce fewer homeowners and more renters."" Barney Frank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wait a minute, what has Trump said about these people?

May as well hire Joe The Plumber to head the Trade Office

What has Trump said about people with real world experience?

Donald Trump said “hedge fund guys are getting away with murder

he also lied: "because business -- we’re the highest-taxed nation in the world.

"In an interview with "Face The Nation" on Sunday, Trump appeared to call for higher taxes on hedge-fund managers, who he said are "getting away with murder."

"They're paying nothing, and it's ridiculous. I want to save the middle class,"Trump told CBS's John Dickerson. "The hedge-fund guys didn't build this country. These are guys that shift paper around and they get lucky.""

So Toddsterpatriot believes "guys that shift paper around and they get lucky" and guys who get "away with murder" are what makes a great team of economic advisers? :laugh2:

Donald Trump said “hedge fund guys are getting away with murder

"In an interview with "Face The Nation" on Sunday, Trump appeared to call for higher taxes on hedge-fund managers, who he said are "getting away with murder."

"They're paying nothing, and it's ridiculous. I want to save the middle class,"Trump told CBS's John Dickerson. "The hedge-fund guys didn't build this country. These are guys that shift paper around and they get lucky.""

So Toddsterpatriot believes "guys that shift paper around and they get lucky" and guys who get "away with murder" are what makes a great team of economic advisers? :laugh2:

We have the highest corporate tax rates in the world.

"guys that shift paper around and they get lucky" and guys who get "away with murder" are what makes a great team of economic advisers?

Compared to the idiots working with Obama, absolutely.

Donald Trump said “hedge fund

"guys that shift paper around and they get lucky" and guys who get "away with murder" are what makes a great team of economic advisers?

Why not mention "in the OECD", and not "in the world?" are you that clueless?

Name an American corporation that pays the official tax rate? It is disingenuous to suggest American corporations are taxed at home, more than foreign corporations are taxed in their home nations. I doubt there are foreign corporations that can pay ZERO in taxes like American corps have done

then you resort to a pathetic personal attack on Obama admin people rather than attempt to challenge or refute something?

you lose

Name an American corporation that pays the official tax rate? It is disingenuous to suggest American corporations are taxed at home, more than foreign corporations are taxed in their home nations. I doubt there are foreign corporations that can pay ZERO in taxes like American corps have done

then you resort to a pathetic personal attack on Obama admin people rather than attempt to challenge or refute something?

you lose

I guess you could list all the ones in the world with a higher rate.......really show me, huh?

It is disingenuous to suggest American corporations are taxed at home, more than foreign corporations are taxed in their home nations.

We do have the highest rate.

I doubt there are foreign corporations that can pay ZERO in taxes like American corps have done

Companies with no earnings pay zero. How much do you feel they should pay?

you lose

I guess you could list all the ones in the world with a higher rate.......really show me, huh?

It is disingenuous to suggest American corporations are taxed at home, more than foreign corporations are taxed in their home nations.

We do have the highest rate.

I doubt there are foreign corporations that can pay ZERO in taxes like American corps have done

Companies with no earnings pay zero. How much do you feel they should pay?

Okay. You lose. You have agreed that American corporations do not pay more in taxes than corps in other nations do at home

Forum List

Back