Did the Brussels Attack Affect the US Election?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
All sorts of reports about the terror attack in Brussels. Most downplay the Muslim side of it as if that sect had but a minor roles in the attacks. And, of course, all the GOP candidates made their views known while the Dems remained silent.

And then, I found this story: The effect of the Brussels terrorist attack on the election, plus other predictions @ Discuss: The effect of the Brussels terrorist attack on the election, plus other predictions

This is the lead off to the story:

Absent another black swan appearing on the horizon, if I had to guess now, I’d say that today’s terrorist attack handed Trump the Republican nomination and, possibly, the White House.

And I think we all know there will be more attacks between now and November.

So, what did Trump say about it? Mainly that we've been supporting NATO for far too long and it's time for the members to pay their own way. That should ring a huge bell and increase his support. He also said a major effort had to be taken to break up and destroy ISIS and terrorist cells.

The attack in Brussels will have very little effect come election day. ...... :cool:

Donald Trump: Brussels attacks 'just the beginning' - CNNPolitics.com
CNN International‎ - 2 hours ago
(CNN) Donald Trump reacted to the explosions that rocked Brussels Tuesday morning, ...
Trump backs waterboarding and 'a lot more' after Brussels attacks
Yahoo News‎ - 1 hour ago
Flashback: New York Times mocked Trump for saying “there is something bad going on” in Brussels
Hot Air‎ - 7 hours ago
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Clinton calls for more surveillance, police after Brussels attacks
CNN.com‎ - 4 hours ago
Hillary Clinton says the United States must increase its surveillance to avert Brussels-style ...
Presidential Candidates React to Brussels Attacks: Trump Says U.S. Should Close Borders to Muslims; Clinton Calls ...
People Magazine‎ - 8 hours ago
Hillary Clinton on Brussels: Terrorists Won't 'Undermine Democratic Values'—But She Already Has
Reason‎ - 7 hours ago

It could sway some independents away from their plan to stay on the couch.

On the other hand, it might get some liberals up off the couch.

Probably, on balance, no real effect.

Forum List

Back