🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Did The Great Flood Really Happen?

Yes, to teach their children hard learned lessons from the past and to deliberately divert and curse their violent and irrational knuckle dragging barbarian enemies.
Nah, that's madeup horseshit.
Right, because you say so... shaman. lol..

It has become apparent that your derision of people who make claims, because they say so, is a reflection of your own self loathing..

You might want to clean up your own backyard before you criticize the condition of others otherwise some people might find out that you are a just another two bit hypocrite.

Why didn't Noah say a word until after the flood? And, what were those words?
Noah was a prophet. He preached a warning message.

We all know how satan's children treat God's prophets

We see it here. The vast majority reject the WORD OF GOD
Noah was a prophet. He preached a warning message.
that is false there was nothing for him to warn about the flood was not their decision. their lifestyle is what saved them.

his passing would have culminated the religion of antiquity, all those remaining being the same and final judgement with the same verdict as what occurred - there is no mention of a messiah, where exactly do you decide a different outcome than what is prescribed. the spoken religion of antiquity.

Did the Great Flood really happen? - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

Many Christians today argue the flood story is only a myth. It is a cautionary tale, not intended for literal interpretation. What's important, they say, is that we accept the lessons in the story rather than the story itself. There is merit to this approach. The story has no value if we ignore the lessons it teaches.

There are sea fossils high up on Mount Ararat; there are even sea fossils high up in the Himilayas. People back then surely noted them, and they had no real reason not to believe in a giant flood. In fact it would be stupid to claim they would have ignored such fossils. As far as they were concerned, there was solid proof of a 'world wide flood', and it's no accident they would also believe the Ark landed on Mount Ararat as well. They wouldn't really be able to figure out how long ago it took place with the knowledge they had then, though.
And Tennessee used to be under the ocean. That wasnt because of a flood.

No, the evidence totally supports what I believe. The Bible clearly teaches that the human race is depraved. It is you who disregards the obvious.

So God created us in his image and made us depraved??? LOLOL.. You sure you don't want to rethink that?
Christians have so distorted Israel's scriptures, no wonder they're so confused.
Christians have so distorted Israel's scriptures, no wonder they're so confused.
all three desert religions have abandoned the religion as prescribed - no rock for any of them to hide under, particularly the messiah worshipers.

all three desert religions have abandoned the religion as prescribed - no rock for any of them to hide under, particularly the messiah worshipers.

“Behold, I will send for many fishermen,” says the LORD, “and they shall fish for them; afterward I will send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain and every hill, and out of the crevices in the rocks. For My eyes are on all their ways. They are not hidden from My face, and their guilt is not concealed from My eyes.…" Jeremiah 16:16

Jesus Christ gave the biblical account His stamp of approval when He said, "AS IT WAS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH, SO SHALL IT BE WHEN THE SON OF MAN COMES."

The children of satan will always find a way to dismiss these clear scriptures
"AS IT WAS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH, SO SHALL IT BE WHEN THE SON OF MAN COMES."
when the last of either good or evil perish will be the day of final judgement - the parable of noah - that is all there is, who reads the 10000 page documents are simply fooling themselves - or worse.

Did the Great Flood really happen? - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

Many Christians today argue the flood story is only a myth. It is a cautionary tale, not intended for literal interpretation. What's important, they say, is that we accept the lessons in the story rather than the story itself. There is merit to this approach. The story has no value if we ignore the lessons it teaches.
Jesus said it did.

I'm a Christian. I believe Him over today's "christian" teachers whom Christ said would be judged HARSHLY for teaching false doctrine
Then most Christians are fucked, as they created the "allegory" nonsense, to keep up with reality.
Sort of like most atheists are fucked because they read allegorical texts literally?
I would assume all atheists are fucked. Do some atheists get a "get out of hell" free card? Is it like the immigration lottery?
Or is that something else you just made up like the "allegories?" :lol:

Allegories explain things humans don't know or understand. Perhaps the tale of Adam and Eve is about the time period when humans stopped trusting o God's providence and began to cultivate crops and tend livestock.

Of course that took place 14,000 years earlier, but the story is still an explanation.
Allegories is something the religious cling to when science provers their hand-me-down, cherry picked fables written by desert savages, are proven wrong.
Ancient man knew 6,000 years before science that the universe was created from nothing, was the result of stages and that man arose from that creation.

If you weren't such an intellectually dishonest militant atheist you'd have seen it too.

Ancient man knew 6,000 years before science that the universe was created from nothing
the thread of fallacies - there is nothing to prove otherwise there has never been a time both energy and matter have existed.

I don't have any position on the theology of the Flood but, unless it was a supernatural event unlike any before or since, historically there was no global flood. There is no geological evidence for it and no natural forces that could cause such a global flood.

The burckle crater on the bottom of the indian ocean under 11,000 feet of water dated to the approximate time of gilgamesh is 25 times larger than meteor crater in arizona. The impact would have instantly vaporized billions of metric tons of water into the atmosphere causing a worldwide deluge that lasted for weeks, sweeping away every village,town or city built near rivers and streams and washes, worldwide, not to mention the immediate mega tsunamis that would have swept away all coastal civilizations.

According to scripture the next time the earth, including the atmosphere, will be destroyed is by fire, which would be the result of a similar impact on land or a larger one on the ocean again.

Got a serious link to that crater, or did you make this up with dingbat?

Google it you lazy putz.

It's off the southern tip of Madagascar and no way could it flood the Middle East like the bible says. Better luck next time, hobster.

"some 5,000 years ago, a 3-mile-wide ball of rock and ice swung around the sun and smashed into the ocean off the coast of Madagascar. The ensuing cataclysm sent a series of 600-foot-high tsunamis crashing against the world’s coastlines and injected plumes of superheated water vapor and aerosol particulates into the atmosphere. Within hours, the infusion of heat and moisture blasted its way into jet streams and spawned super hurricanes that pummeled the other side of the planet. For about a week, material ejected into the atmosphere plunged the world into darkness. All told, up to 80 percent of the world’s population may have perished, making it the single most lethal event in history."

Not a flood, and with a ton of maybes. Please try again.

There are sea fossils high up on Mount Ararat; there are even sea fossils high up in the Himilayas. People back then surely noted them, and they had no real reason not to believe in a giant flood. In fact it would be stupid to claim they would have ignored such fossils. As far as they were concerned, there was solid proof of a 'world wide flood', and it's no accident they would also believe the Ark landed on Mount Ararat as well. They wouldn't really be able to figure out how long ago it took place with the knowledge they had then, though.
And Tennessee used to be under the ocean. That wasnt because of a flood.

Which of course has nothing to do with why ancient peoples would believe there was one.

Right, because you say so...
Because it is obviously much more likely than the nonsense you made up, which most definitely rests on "because you said so". It is more likely, because they were terrified, superstitious, ignorant peoplenwho bekieved all manner of magical horseshit. Obviously my answer makes infinitely more sense than yours and actually aligns with the time and people.

Your answer only aligns with your goofy shamanistic narrative, and you have literally no other support for it. Thus your whining and hilariously bad attempts at dimestore psychology.

Jesus said it did.

I'm a Christian. I believe Him over today's "christian" teachers whom Christ said would be judged HARSHLY for teaching false doctrine
Then most Christians are fucked, as they created the "allegory" nonsense, to keep up with reality.
Sort of like most atheists are fucked because they read allegorical texts literally?
I would assume all atheists are fucked. Do some atheists get a "get out of hell" free card? Is it like the immigration lottery?

Allegories explain things humans don't know or understand. Perhaps the tale of Adam and Eve is about the time period when humans stopped trusting o God's providence and began to cultivate crops and tend livestock.

Of course that took place 14,000 years earlier, but the story is still an explanation.
Allegories is something the religious cling to when science provers their hand-me-down, cherry picked fables written by desert savages, are proven wrong.
Ancient man knew 6,000 years before science that the universe was created, what we see was the result of stages and that man arose from that creation.

Of you weren't such a militant atheist who was intellectually dishonest, you'd have seen it too.

Why wasnt creation an allegory? :lol:
The creation account was allegory, dummy.
Then why are you posting links that support that "allegory?"
You make this so easy :lol:
You must be the dumbest motherfucker on this board, TN. Apparently you believe allegory means not true.

Allegory describes a truth but in an allegorical fashion. It's not a science book.

Something cant be history AND a figure of speech, derp.
It's almost like you have no idea what I am talking about when I say allegorical account. I think you make it complicated because you don't want to have to give credit to Genesis for anything. You just want to dismiss it because you have made up your mind that it's fairy tales.

Unfortunately for you though this is what Genesis captures in an allegorical fashion whether or not you want to give Genesis credit or not.

1. God created existence
2. Everything he created is good
3. What he created was done in steps
4. Man is a product of that creation
5. Man is unlike any other creature in creation
6. Man is made in God’s image in that he is a being which knows and creates
7. Man was told to go forth and be fruitful
8. Man was told to do as the original creator; to create for 6 days and then rest
9. Man knows right from wrong
10. Rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong when man does wrong, he rationalizes he didn’t do wrong
11. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success
12. Failed behaviors naturally lead to failure
13. Pass it down to the next generation
OMG
I guess you'd just dismiss it, right?

Right, because you say so...
Because it is obviously much more likely than the nonsense you made up, which most definitely rests on "because you said so". It is more likely, because they were terrified, superstitious, ignorant peoplenwho bekieved all manner of magical horseshit. Obviously my answer makes infinitely more sense than yours and actually aligns with the time and people.

Your answer only aligns with your goofy shamanistic narrative, and you have literally no other support for it. Thus your whining and hilariously bad attempts at dimestore psychology.
More likely? No.

The authors of scripture could not have been more obvious that the stories were written in such a way that dipshits like you would find it impossible to know what is the right interpretation , or to even know what the stories are actually about.

So he drove the man out, and to the east of of Eden he stationed the Cherubim, and a flaming and flashing sword that turned every direction, to guard the way to the tree of life."

"The kingdom of Heaven is like hidden treasure lying buried in a field; The man who found it, buried it again."

Jesus said it did.

Ancient man knew 6,000 years before science that the universe was created from nothing, was the result of stages and that man arose from that creation.

If you weren't such an intellectually dishonest militant atheist you'd have seen it too.

Ancient man knew 6,000 years before science that the universe was created from nothing
the thread of fallacies - there is nothing to prove otherwise there has never been a time both energy and matter have existed.
CMB, red shift, quantum mechanics, FLoT, SLoT, Einstein's field equations, expanding universe, etc. say it's not a fallacy.

Energy and matter exist today, so maybe you meant to say something else.

Jesus Christ gave the biblical account His stamp of approval when He said, "AS IT WAS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH, SO SHALL IT BE WHEN THE SON OF MAN COMES."

when the last of either good or evil perish will be the day of final judgement - the parable of noah - that is all there is, who reads the 10000 page documents are simply fooling themselves - or worse.
Peter warned about twisting Scripture to your own destruction

Like calling something an allegory because it doesnt make sense anymore?

No. Like calling something an allegory because it is.

Makes way more sense than what you do.

Where does the bible claim that?
Oh yeah, it doesnt. You just made that shit up.

Where does the bible claim that?
Oh yeah, it doesnt. You just made that shit up.
The Bible was written with several different literary styles; allegorical, poetic, historical narrative, law, wisdom, prophecy, apocalyptic, etc.

Forum List

Back