🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Did The Great Flood Really Happen?

The only question is how many times have there been catastrophic consequences of water displacing itself on the surface of Earth. There have been gigantic floods and inundations of great swathes of this planet.
Probably more than we could count or know of. Especially when adding to the causes the sudden melts of the glaciers that produce the ice ages. And the likely many impact events such as mentioned above.

The only question is how many times have there been catastrophic consequences of water displacing itself on the surface of Earth. There have been gigantic floods and inundations of great swathes of this planet.
Probably more than we could count or know of. Especially when adding to the causes the sudden melts of the glaciers that produce the ice ages. And the likely many impact events such as mentioned above.
Don't forget that old favorite, "plate shifting"!

I just googled and there are thousands of different interpretations talking about many different literary styles. This is not settled, apparently.
I understand there are poems etc in the bible. Im not stupid. My point is, you just make shit up when its convenient.
Whether its literal or allegorical isnt settled either.
BECAUSE you people just make shit up to fit your own narrative.
Dude, you want to argue against the literal interpretation because it doesn't make sense.

You don't want to argue against the allegorical interpretation because you have no argument and you are only here to make fun of others to please yourself. Tell me I'm wrong.
Why would i argue something you make up inside that head of yours?
So you aren't here to make fun of people to please yourself, TN? Yes or no.
I would deflect too.
You just did :rolleyes:

We both know what you are doing and we both know it doesn't work on me and that's what really gets your goat.

That and I kick your ass routinely.

I just googled and there are thousands of different interpretations talking about many different literary styles. This is not settled, apparently.
I understand there are poems etc in the bible. Im not stupid. My point is, you just make shit up when its convenient.
Dude, you want to argue against the literal interpretation because it doesn't make sense.

You don't want to argue against the allegorical interpretation because you have no argument and you are only here to make fun of others to please yourself. Tell me I'm wrong.
I would deflect too.

We both know what you are doing and we both know it doesn't work on me and that's what really gets your goat.

You wish, Mr. Deflection.

"the flood happened!"
When science shows there is no evidence = "it was an allegorical account!"
"the sun revolves around the Earth!"
When science shows that isnt true = "it was an allegorical account!"
"The world is flat!"
When science shows that isnt true = "Turns out thats not what they were talking about. Its all good!"
"God made the Earth immobile!"
When science shows that isnt true = "It was an allegory!"
:lol:
Dude, the flood happened. The description of the flood was allegorical. It was embellished to make it more memorable so that it would be easier to remember and pass down. Please tell me the public education in Tennessee is not so poor that you can't comprehend what I am telling you.

I would deflect too.

Let's take it to the bull ring.

"the flood happened!"
When science shows there is no evidence = "it was an allegorical account!"
"the sun revolves around the Earth!"
When science shows that isnt true = "it was an allegorical account!"
"The world is flat!"
When science shows that isnt true = "Turns out thats not what they were talking about. Its all good!"
"God made the Earth immobile!"
When science shows that isnt true = "It was an allegory!"
Dude, the flood happened. The description of the flood was allegorical. It was embellished to make it more memorable so that it would be easier to remember and pass down. Please tell me the public education in Tennessee is not so poor that you can't comprehend what I am telling you.
A local flood, or a worldwide flood?
Who decided it was allegorical? You? Certainly not by the people who made the story up.

I would deflect too.

You want to debate your imagination? :lol:

Did the Great Flood really happen? - Living Faith - Home & Family - News - Catholic Online

Many Christians today argue the flood story is only a myth. It is a cautionary tale, not intended for literal interpretation. What's important, they say, is that we accept the lessons in the story rather than the story itself. There is merit to this approach. The story has no value if we ignore the lessons it teaches.
Following image is from the article linked in the OP.
One implication of the "Noah" and "Flood" event/myth is that building the ark is something that would involve more than him and a few sons. Such would be a major shipbuilding project that would involve like hundreds to thousands from cutting down the trees, to making the lumber, to constructing the vessel, and then there is the housing and feeding of such a construction crew.

This would likely involve the major effort of a city, such as presented with the start of civilization(s) such as in Mesopotamia. One big hitch is that depending upon when the "Flood" actually happened, most accounts place it before the current era of civilization having started about 6000+/- years ago (Sumer~Egypt~Indus; etc.)

2017011617.jpg

I would deflect too.

I would debate you on almost anything.

I doubt you will say the same.

Didn't forget, just implied tectonics with other causes via "when adding to".

I would deflect too.

My point stands.

You only want to debate people who read the Bible literally because that's the extent of your intellect.

I would deflect too.

I am always down for structured, REAL debate. I used to want to go to the bull ring all the time but no one would ever do it.
Throwing out one liners is better than structured discussion around here, so i gave up.

I would deflect too.

My point stands.

You only want to debate people who read the Bible literally because that's the extent of your intellect.
Me not wanting to debate things people make up in their heads makes me dumb?
What a dumb thing to say, dingbat.

I would deflect too.

I am always down for structured, REAL debate. I used to want to go to the bull ring all the time but no one would ever do it.
Throwing out one liners is better than structured discussion around here, so i gave up.
OK, let's debate if the first eleven chapters of Genesis are meant to be taken literally or allegorically. That is what you are arguing, right?

What would you like to debate, ding? I wouldnt imagine there are too many things we disagree with politically.

Didn't forget, just implied tectonics with other causes via "when adding to".
That's O.K. Forget it.

I would deflect too.

OK, let's debate if the first eleven chapters of Genesis are meant to be taken literally or allegorically. That is what you are arguing, right?
Im not debating your imagination, ding. Find another subject.

I would deflect too.

How is the debate of whether or not the first 11 chapters of Genesis was meant to be read literally or allegorically made up in my head?

Aren't you confident you can prove Genesis should be read literally?

I would deflect too.

How is the debate of whether or not the first 11 chapters of Genesis was meant to be read literally or allegorically made up in my head?

Aren't you confident you can prove Genesis should be read literally?
How else do you read it? Oh yeah, make shit up.
End of debate :dunno:

Forum List

Back