🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Did the Jews miss thier Messiah?

UllysesS.Archer

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2014
Simple enough question. I figured I would dig a little, find some questions to annoy Guano, and pester Delta(though he can't make up his mind if he's religious or not, perhaps he has a tumor, or is bi-polar.) So enjoy, I know I did when I read it.

Did the Jews Miss Their Messiah

Daniel 9:25
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

The Book of Daniel. Some of you have read it, some may not. This passage above is quite interesting. Daniel is told that to bring an end to sin and transgression, all these prophecies would be fulfilled in 70 weeks. The second verse goes on to tell us that from the decree to rebuild the temple until Messiah comes is 69 weeks. But what were these weeks. An in depth reading finds that these were weeks of years, so that the total would be 70 x 7 meaning 490 years total until these things would be fulfilled. Well, we note the time of the Messiah being 69 weeks as laid out in the 25th verse which adds up to 483 years. The question then comes in to play as to when the decree was given.
In the opening chapters of Nehemiah, we find that it is Nissan 1st in 20th year of the reign of Artaxerxes the decree is given. A look in history books shows us that is 445BC. Okay, so what is important about that? Well, 483 years later gives us the 10th of Nissan 32AD when Jesus came in to Jerusalem and was called Hosanna and hailed as the Messiah. So many Jews were looking for a Messiah that would come in on a horse with power and rule and missed one of their prophets' descriptions.
Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
Scripture already shows that Jesus fulfilled this, he came on the foal of an ass but look what the Jews who reject Jesus missed in this prophecy. He brought salvation. On the 14th of Nissan, just as other lambs were slain, so was Jesus as the final sacrifice for all. Now, I want you to look at two quandaries that you, as a Jew, are in. First, even if you were to disagree with some of the dates given, the fact is, it is now 2009AD, well past the time given in Daniel for the Messiah to appear. The Jews have rejected the One who claimed to be Him, so, since you cannot go back in time, it is apparent you have missed this prophecy. That would mean YHWH failed, but we know He does not.
Next I would draw your attention to the destruction of the Temple in 70AD. Since that time, for over 1900 years, your Rabbis have been unable to do anything for you for the forgiveness of sin. You have no way to truly repent in the way which YHWH commanded you to do. Please notice this prophecy of this time as well.

Edited to comply with copright rules: please post only a small to medium size section of the article and a link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel is told that to bring an end to sin and transgression, all these prophecies would be fulfilled in 70 weeks. The second verse goes on to tell us that from the decree to rebuild the temple until Messiah comes is 69 weeks. But what were these weeks. An in depth reading finds that these were weeks of years,

Can you provide any references or information on this in depth reading? Never heard of this before.

Armageddon has to come to the Middle East first before Jesus comes back. So let's nuke ISIS. That should get things going.

Daniel is told that to bring an end to sin and transgression, all these prophecies would be fulfilled in 70 weeks. The second verse goes on to tell us that from the decree to rebuild the temple until Messiah comes is 69 weeks. But what were these weeks. An in depth reading finds that these were weeks of years,

Can you provide any references or information on this in depth reading? Never heard of this before.

He's referencing the Bible. Study it. It's in the Bible.

He'd referencing the bible. Study it. It's in the Bible.

Simple enough question. I figured I would dig a little, find some questions to annoy Guano, and pester Delta(though he can't make up his mind if he's religious or not, perhaps he has a tumor, or is bi-polar.) So enjoy, I know I did when I read it.

Did the Jews Miss Their Messiah

Daniel 9:25
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

The Book of Daniel. Some of you have read it, some may not. This passage above is quite interesting. Daniel is told that to bring an end to sin and transgression, all these prophecies would be fulfilled in 70 weeks. The second verse goes on to tell us that from the decree to rebuild the temple until Messiah comes is 69 weeks. But what were these weeks. An in depth reading finds that these were weeks of years, so that the total would be 70 x 7 meaning 490 years total until these things would be fulfilled. Well, we note the time of the Messiah being 69 weeks as laid out in the 25th verse which adds up to 483 years. The question then comes in to play as to when the decree was given.
In the opening chapters of Nehemiah, we find that it is Nissan 1st in 20th year of the reign of Artaxerxes the decree is given. A look in history books shows us that is 445BC. Okay, so what is important about that? Well, 483 years later gives us the 10th of Nissan 32AD when Jesus came in to Jerusalem and was called Hosanna and hailed as the Messiah. So many Jews were looking for a Messiah that would come in on a horse with power and rule and missed one of their prophets' descriptions.
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
Scripture already shows that Jesus fulfilled this, he came on the foal of an ass but look what the Jews who reject Jesus missed in this prophecy. He brought salvation. On the 14th of Nissan, just as other lambs were slain, so was Jesus as the final sacrifice for all. Now, I want you to look at two quandaries that you, as a Jew, are in. First, even if you were to disagree with some of the dates given, the fact is, it is now 2009AD, well past the time given in Daniel for the Messiah to appear. The Jews have rejected the One who claimed to be Him, so, since you cannot go back in time, it is apparent you have missed this prophecy. That would mean YHWH failed, but we know He does not.
Next I would draw your attention to the destruction of the Temple in 70AD. Since that time, for over 1900 years, your Rabbis have been unable to do anything for you for the forgiveness of sin. You have no way to truly repent in the way which YHWH commanded you to do. Please notice this prophecy of this time as well.
Hosea 3:4
For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim
This is huge. For over 1900 years there has been no provision for sin for the Jew or the entire world! How could that be? It would mean that YHWH either failed or no longer loves His people. Neither of those statements are true. The only way this is reconciled is the fact that Jesus was the final sacrifice for all. That's why almost 2000 years have passed without the Old Testament provision for sin to be available, because the Messiah did come as prophesied, and the Jews missed it. Isaiah prophesied that as well.
Isaiah 8:14
And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
Paul taught us this as well:
1st Corinthians 1:22-23
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
So what about the last of the 70 weeks you say? Shouldn't it have come to pass then? Not if you follow Jesus as your Messiah, because you would know what He said about these times.
Luke 21:24
And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
The 70th week is postponed during this time of the Gentiles. The Jews rejected their own and salvation became available for all, Jew and Gentile alike. You, as a Jew reading this, can correct the error of your ways and those before you. It's not too late. There is no salvation under any other name than Jesus Christ. As for the conclusion of the 70th week, it will be too late as well. When will that be? Daniel's description of the 70th week, which remember is seven years, is exactly how long the Tribulation is.
In His Grace,
Mike Harris Jr.

Excellent study! For some time now the LORD has been confirming that the time of the Gentiles is coming to a close.

I have tried to imagine what it would be like for the Jews to suddenly awake and realize - Jesus Christ is is our Messiah. I have tried to imagine the emotion they will have when the LORD lifts the veil so they may see Him as He is...... even as Joseph revealed himself to his brothers finally (before that he had disguised himself ) and they realized - this is our brother Joseph who we wanted dead - but he is not dead - he is alive! Remember the story of Joseph and his brothers when Joseph revealed himself to them? Here it is. Genesis 45: 1 - 7 and part of verse 8 which reads as follows:

Then Joseph could not refrain himself before all of them that stood by him, and he cried, Cause every man to go out from me. And there stood no man with him, while Joseph made himself known unto his brethren.
And he wept aloud, and the Egyptians and the house of Pharaoh heard. And Joseph said unto his brethren, I am Joseph, doth my father yet live? And his brethren could not answer for they were troubled at his presence.
And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph, your brother, who ye sold into Egypt. Now therefore do not be grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that you sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life. For these two years that the famine been in the land: and yet there are five years left, in the which there shall neither be earing or harvest. And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance. So now it was not you who sent me hither but God....... Genesis 45: 1 - 7 and part of verse 8
So they are stunned when they realize Joseph is alive and you must keep in mind that Joseph commanded everyone to leave the room except his brothers - it was done in privacy - outside the door were the Egyptians and the house of Pharoah, and they could hear Joseph weeping loudly! You can be sure these people were greatly alarmed! How much more so his own brethren! The people right outside that door were no doubt greatly concerned for Joseph who was the second greatest power in the entire land with Pharoah being the first! What a scene! To hear him weeping loudly but he commanded them out! So they had to stay out! Then he tells his brothers, come near to me........ at this point they are deeply grieved and angry at themselves for what they have done. They realize this is our brother! Our deliverer! What have we done? G-d have mercy upon us! What have we done to our brother?!!!

I tell you the truth. When the brethren of Jesus Christ realize He is their Deliverer? Their Messiah? Their King? Their LORD and Savior? This scene with Joseph and his brothers will pale in comparison. And yet? It is the closest depiction I can find in the bible of what that reunion day will be like. Then we shall all come and dine at the Kings table together and attend the Wedding Banquet with the King. Amen? Amen. ( I can't wait! ) I love my Jewish brethren but oh! How I long for the day they realize that my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior too! How I long for it! Many Jews are having that private encounter now with Jesus as He reveals Himself to them. Many are experiencing this and know Jesus as their Messiah but I want every Jew to know. Not just a few. I want all Israel to know! Jesus Christ is the King of Kings and the LORD of LORDs. Jesus is our Messiah. Blessed be the Name of the LORD. How I love His Name. JESUS.

Last edited:
Narrow it down to the actual verses and I'll explain why your translation is wrong.
As a note, Isaiah's "suffering servant" is a complete travesty of mistranslation.
I read Daniel, in Hebrew and English, last Passover and there's not one word to indicate anything other than returning to The Land.

Anyway, give me the verses.

Indeependent, did you read the OP? The Scriptures are noted. The Old Testament has hundreds of prophecies that are fulfilled by Jesus Christ alone. The cross is not only prophesied by Isaiah in Chapter 53. It is prophesied in Psalm 22.

Look at verses 16 17, and 18 in particular:

For dogs have compassed about me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they have pierced my hands and my feet.
I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.
- Psalm 22: 16,17,18

Like I have said before - the reunion of Joseph and his brothers when Joseph revealed himself to them? Will pale in comparison to the reunion you shall have when Jesus Christ of Nazareth, your Messiah, reveals Himself to you. I pray He would do it today even!

Prophecies Jesus Fulfilled Graph - see the link for the studies and further teaching on subject.

44 Messianic Prophecies Jesus Fulfilled

Prophecies About JesusOld Testament
Scripture
New Testament
Fulfillment
1Messiah would be born of a woman.Genesis 3:15Matthew 1:20
Galatians 4:4
2Messiah would be born in Bethlehem.Micah 5:2Matthew 2:1
Luke 2:4-6
3Messiah would be born of a virgin.Isaiah 7:14Matthew 1:22-23
Luke 1:26-31
4Messiah would come from the line of Abraham.Genesis 12:3
Genesis 22:18
Matthew 1:1
Romans 9:5
5Messiah would be a descendant of Isaac.Genesis 17:19
Genesis 21:12
Luke 3:34
6Messiah would be a descendant of Jacob.Numbers 24:17Matthew 1:2
7Messiah would come from the tribe of Judah.Genesis 49:10Luke 3:33
Hebrews 7:14
8Messiah would be heir to King David's throne.2 Samuel 7:12-13
Isaiah 9:7
Luke 1:32-33
Romans 1:3
9Messiah's throne will be anointed and eternal.Psalm 45:6-7
Daniel 2:44
Luke 1:33
Hebrews 1:8-12
10Messiah would be called Immanuel.Isaiah 7:14Matthew 1:23
11Messiah would spend a season in Egypt.Hosea 11:1Matthew 2:14-15
12A massacre of children would happen at Messiah's birthplace.Jeremiah 31:15Matthew 2:16-18
13A messenger would prepare the way for MessiahIsaiah 40:3-5Luke 3:3-6
14Messiah would be rejected by his own people.Psalm 69:8
Isaiah 53:3
John 1:11
John 7:5
15Messiah would be a prophet.Deuteronomy 18:15Acts 3:20-22
16Messiah would be preceded by Elijah.Malachi 4:5-6Matthew 11:13-14
17Messiah would be declared the Son of God.Psalm 2:7Matthew 3:16-17
18Messiah would be called a Nazarene.Isaiah 11:1Matthew 2:23
19Messiah would bring light to Galilee.Isaiah 9:1-2Matthew 4:13-16
20Messiah would speak in parables.Psalm 78:2-4
Isaiah 6:9-10
Matthew 13:10-15, 34-35
21Messiah would be sent to heal the brokenhearted.Isaiah 61:1-2Luke 4:18-19
22Messiah would be a priest after the order ofMelchizedek.Psalm 110:4Hebrews 5:5-6
23Messiah would be called King.Psalm 2:6
Matthew 27:37
Mark 11:7-11
24Messiah would be praised by little children.Psalm 8:2Matthew 21:16
25Messiah would be betrayed.Psalm 41:9
Zechariah 11:12-13
Luke 22:47-48
Matthew 26:14-16
26Messiah's price money would be used to buy a potter's field.Zechariah 11:12-13Matthew 27:9-10
27Messiah would be falsely accused.Psalm 35:11Mark 14:57-58
28Messiah would be silent before his accusers.Isaiah 53:7Mark 15:4-5
29Messiah would be spat upon and struck.Isaiah 50:6Matthew 26:67
30Messiah would be hated without cause.Psalm 35:19
Psalm 69:4
John 15:24-25
31Messiah would be crucified with criminals.Isaiah 53:12Matthew 27:38
Mark 15:27-28
32Messiah would be given vinegar to drink.Psalm 69:21Matthew 27:34
John 19:28-30
33Messiah's hands and feet would be pierced.Psalm 22:16
Zechariah 12:10
John 20:25-27
34Messiah would be mocked and ridiculed.Psalm 22:7-8Luke 23:35
35Soldiers would gamble for Messiah's garments.Psalm 22:18Luke 23:34
Matthew 27:35-36
36Messiah's bones would not be broken.Exodus 12:46
Psalm 34:20
John 19:33-36
37Messiah would be forsaken by God.Psalm 22:1Matthew 27:46
38Messiah would pray for his enemies.Psalm 109:4Luke 23:34
39Soldiers would pierce Messiah's side.Zechariah 12:10John 19:34
40Messiah would be buried with the rich.Isaiah 53:9Matthew 27:57-60
41Messiah would resurrect from the dead.Psalm 16:10
Psalm 49:15
Matthew 28:2-7
Acts 2:22-32
42Messiah would ascend to heaven.Psalm 24:7-10Mark 16:19
Luke 24:51
43Messiah would be seated at God's right hand.Psalm 68:18
Psalm 110:1
Mark 16:19
Matthew 22:44
44Messiah would be a sacrifice for sin.Isaiah 53:5-12Romans 5:6-8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
------------------------------
The study link for this boxed graph of prophesies is posted above. If you click the red links they take you straight to the bible scripture so you can read it word for word, Indeependent.

Last edited:
check out a book. temporary insanity call in the calvary. a madman has come to lead the blind home.

No need for the second coming but for the Jews, I don't think they missed Him, I think it was in the overall plan! God's Plan. :D

Prophecies Jesus Fulfilled Graph - see the link for the studies and further teaching on subject.

Scripture
New Testament
Fulfillment
12A massacre of children would happen at Messiah's birthplace.Jeremiah 31:15Matthew 2:16-18
22Messiah would be a priest after the order ofMelchizedek.Psalm 110:4Hebrews 5:5-6
26Messiah's price money would be used to buy a potter's field.Zechariah 11:12-13Matthew 27:9-10
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
The study link for this boxed graph of prophesies is posted above. If you click the red links they take you straight to the bible scripture so you can read it word for word, Indeependent.

You are seriously fucked up in regards to TJS.
I want to see verses in TJS that actually say "Messiah" and you're posting verses that DON'T say "Messiah".
You take every damn verse in TJS and twist it around.
I'm waiting for you to turn the verse about burying dung (Deuteronomy 23:13) into something about Jesus.

I don't give a damn about TNT, but you keep doing a psycho job TJS and it's really pissing me off.

I first learned of this many years ago. There was a man who did a series I just happened to catch that first exposed me to the idea. I will have to do some digging and come up with that.

Scripture
New Testament
Fulfillment
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You are seriously fucked up in regards to TJS.
I want to see verses in TJS that actually say "Messiah" and you're posting verses that DON'T say "Messiah".
You take every damn verse in TJS and twist it around.
I'm waiting for you to turn the verse about burying dung (Deuteronomy 23:13) into something about Jesus.

I don't give a damn about TNT, but you keep doing a psycho job TJS and it's really pissing me off.

:funnyface::laugh::woohoo:
I think the graph is wonderful, and spot on!

You being pissed off is just icing on the cake!

Great job Jeri, I know you didn't intentionally piss this dufus off, but I mean, great job on the graph. I LOVE IT!

UllysesS.Archer,
REALLY?
Challenge...Go through every link to TJS and show me the word "messiah".

UllysesS.Archer,
REALLY?
Challenge...Go through every link to TJS and show me the word "messiah".

If you refuse to see, then no one can help you. Just look at the last one. Who would you think the 'he' Isaiah is talking about is? Your future Messiah, or the One that you missed?

Isaiah 53:5-12New International Version (NIV)
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
8 By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.[b]
9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.
10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life[d] and be satisfied[e];
by his knowledge[f] my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,[g]
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,[h]
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

You can get pissed off all you want, it doesn't bother me, your salvation, or lack there of, that bothers me. God would rather not see anyone die in sin, whether Jew or Gentile, black or white, woman or man.

Read the above passage time and again, and you tell me, who is Isaiah talking about? If you truly don't believe he was talking about the Messiah, then I can't help you, because you have no interest in prophesy of the OT.

@UllysesS.Archer,
I see you're too much of a pussy to take my challenge since the hypnosis of the Roman Catholic Church has you parroting verses by chapter and verse as opposed to actual content.

Guess why Isaiah 53:8 is the Grand Illusion of the RCC?
I'll give you a hint...The Hebrew word at the end of the verse has been completely altered.
Yep, the very last word of the verse was changed by the RCC.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1053.htm
Take a look at verse 8.
The last word IN THE ORIGINAL HEBREW is ah-mow.
Ask any Christian Hebrew scholar all the possible meanings of the word ah-mow and see your Isaiah 53:8 "proof" crumble to dust.

Forum List

Back