🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Did the Jews miss thier Messiah?

@UllysesS.Archer,
I see you're too much of a pussy to take my challenge since the hypnosis of the Roman Catholic Church has you parroting verses by chapter and verse as opposed to actual content.

Guess why Isaiah 53:8 is the Grand Illusion of the RCC?
I'll give you a hint...The Hebrew word at the end of the verse has been completely altered.
Yep, the very last word of the verse was changed by the RCC.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1053.htm
Take a look at verse 8.
The last word IN THE ORIGINAL HEBREW is ah-mow.
Ask any Christian Hebrew scholar all the possible meanings of the word ah-mow and see your Isaiah 53:8 "proof" crumble to dust.
First of all, I'm Protestant.

Secondly, you explain nothing, you just poke the sleeping bear.
This is what your link says about verse 8

8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away, and with his generation who did reason? for he was cut off out of the land of the living, for the transgression of my people to whom the stroke was due.

Here is what the NIV version says
8 By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.[b]

No difference, just a few different words, you fail, you lose, try again!

@UllysesS.Archer,
You are being intellectually dishonest.
The ENTIRE argument of the RCC is that Isaiah 53:8 is referring to an INDIVIDUAL; namely Jesus.
It ISN'T referring to an INDIVIDUAL, it's referring to a NATION.
Yes, the ENTIRE Christian argument is based on a FALLACY; to anybody who never reads the original the is.
"he was punished" is a mistranslation for obvious reasons.
And obviously, your pastor, minister or priest doesn't WANT you to read the original.

With that being out of the way, I'm waiting for the word "messiah" from the links.

I bet you're a lot more careful buying a house, car, computer or smart phone than you are with your Bible.

Daniel is told that to bring an end to sin and transgression, all these prophecies would be fulfilled in 70 weeks. The second verse goes on to tell us that from the decree to rebuild the temple until Messiah comes is 69 weeks. But what were these weeks. An in depth reading finds that these were weeks of years,

Can you provide any references or information on this in depth reading? Never heard of this before.

He's referencing the Bible. Study it. It's in the Bible.

Sounds to me that neither of you know where in the Bible this appears. I've read the OT don't recall seeing this. I think the author made up this in depth reading and, like the emperor and his new clothes, no one dares to challenge him on it. I could well be wrong and if I am I'd like to know.

@UllysesS.Archer,
The ENTIRE argument of the RCC is that Isaiah 53:8 is referring to an INDIVIDUAL; namely Jesus.
Yes, the ENTIRE Christian argument is based on a FALLACY; to anybody who never reads the original the is.
And obviously, your pastor, minister or priest doesn't WANT you to read the original.

With that being out of the way, I'm waiting for the word "messiah" from the links.

I bet you're a lot more careful buying a house, car, computer or smart phone than you are with your Bible.
Since you clearly have no intention of presenting any real evidence, we will try it your way, and all will see how stupid your bolded comments are.

5 But Israel was pierced for our transgressions,
Israel was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on Israel,
and by Israel's wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on Israel
the iniquity of us all.
7 Israel was oppressed and afflicted,
yet Israel did not open Israel's mouth;
Israel was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so Israel did not open Israel's mouth.
8 By oppression[a] and judgment Israel was taken away.
Yet who of Israel's generation protested?
For Israel was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people Israel was punished.[b]
9 Israel was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in Israel's death,
though Israel had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in Israel's mouth.
10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush Israel and cause Israel to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[c] Israel's life an offering for sin,
he will see Israel's offspring and prolong Israel's days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in Israel's hand.
11 After Israel has suffered,
Israel will see the light of life[d] and be satisfied[e];
by Israel's knowledge[f] my righteous servant will justify many,
and Israel will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give Israel a portion among the great,[g]
and Israel will divide the spoils with the strong,[h]
because Israel poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For Israel bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors

The bolded parts are just hilarious! Yeah, Isaiah sure was talking about a country, funny how he couldn't remember the countries name! :laugh:

Call me what you will, you have nothing, and we all know it.

Have a nice day!
USA

Daniel is told that to bring an end to sin and transgression, all these prophecies would be fulfilled in 70 weeks. The second verse goes on to tell us that from the decree to rebuild the temple until Messiah comes is 69 weeks. But what were these weeks. An in depth reading finds that these were weeks of years,

Can you provide any references or information on this in depth reading? Never heard of this before.
I first learned of this many years ago. There was a man who did a series I just happened to catch that first exposed me to the idea. I will have to do some digging and come up with that.

I'm sincerely interested in the results and look forward to your response. Thanks.

I first learned of this many years ago. There was a man who did a series I just happened to catch that first exposed me to the idea. I will have to do some digging and come up with that.

I'm sincerely interested in the results and look forward to your response. Thanks.
Here is some of it, though, I will have to drive to Greeneville to get the name of the teacher who I first saw on video back in the mid 90's. It was my first exposure to the Seventh Day Adventist Church.

A day equals a year in the bible

This explains how many get that 1 day equals 1 year, due to Scripture. Hope it helps, and i'll get back to you with that name.

@UllysesS.Archer,

Since you clearly have no intention of presenting any real evidence, we will try it your way, and all will see how stupid your bolded comments are.

the iniquity of us all.

The bolded parts are just hilarious! Yeah, Isaiah sure was talking about a country, funny how he couldn't remember the countries name! :laugh:

Have a nice day!
USA

@UllysesS.Archer,
You are the gift that keeps on giving.
This is another favorite mistranslation of the RCC.
מְחֹלָל The word, M'chole-lal means wounded, NOT pierced.
In fact, the root, cha-lal, means to diminish.
Pierced is dah-kahr.

Ah-Mow means "nation"; you are such a zombie.
I love how you think it's ok for the RCC to manipulate the Word of God.

You have a false Bible, but I don't care as long as as you leave God's alone.

Here is some of it, though, I will have to drive to Greeneville to get the name of the teacher who I first saw on video back in the mid 90's. It was my first exposure to the Seventh Day Adventist Church.

This explains how many get that 1 day equals 1 year, due to Scripture. Hope it helps, and i'll get back to you with that name.

First, thanks for finding the info, very interesting, but ultimately unconvincing. It is obvious to me that the OT is being twisted to provide the answer required, that these numbers point to Jesus.

The first example cited by your link, Numbers 14:34, reads:
"And your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcasses be wasted in the wilderness. After the number of the days in which you searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years..." (Numbers 14:33,34a)

I don't know which translation this is from but in the translations I looked at (Numbers 14 34 For forty years--one year for each of the forty days you explored the land--you will suffer for your sins and know what it is like to have me against you. ) it is apparent that God says he will punish the Jews for one year for each day they spied. That is God's justice and there is no confusion of what a day or a year mean. To infer otherwise is frankly dishonest. The other examples are likewise twisted and taken out of context.

The NT tradition of setting up Jesus as Messiah is theological not historical. His fulfilling of scripture was oral tradition (like GW and the cherry tree), written down decades after he lived and was meant to establish Jesus' bona fides. It failed to convince Jews in great numbers, perhaps since they were familiar with the scripture but it works fine on the gentiles.

It's probably better to do it yourself as you will start from verse 1 and keep the remainder of the chapter in context.
Daniel 9, when read from verse 1 is obviously the prophesy that deliverance and return to Israel will occur in the 70th year of the Babylonian exile.
By the way, the prophesy was realized.

Verse 11:Yea, all Israel have transgressed Thy law, and have turned aside, so as not to hearken to Thy voice; and so there hath been poured out upon us the curse and the oath that is written in the Law of Moses the servant of God; for we have sinned against Him.
A pretty overt reference to returning to Israel and following God's commandments.
But who wants to read something in context when you can make it up as you go along.

@alang1216,
It is sad that the RCC went to so much trouble to keep non-Jews in the dark.
There are a plethora of erudite Jewish commentaries in English by Artscroll and other publishers.
At the very least, the commentaries provide food for thought and stay true to the meaning of the words, phrases, sentences and chapters.

Where will Jesus alit?

He will alight on the Mt. of Olives and it will create an earthquake from east to west.
The Jews, facing annihilation, will recognize Him this time and run to the Mt. instead of away from it:

"Then shall the LORD [the Lord Jesus, as the New Testament specifies] go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which [is] before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, [and there shall be] a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. And ye [the Israelis] shall flee [for refuge from the armies of the Antichrist]to the valley of the mountains;

"I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.

They rejected Him the first time, but will realize He is the Messiah they have been expecting the next time He shows up.
In the meantime, God Bless Israel, because all nations are about to come against them.

@UllysesS.Archer,

He/she has the capacity to read it online without resorting to the OT of the Christian bible. There are at least two copies online. One is in Hebrew and next to English. It's more than intellectually dishonest. It's insane to run to the OT of the Christian bible and then take the stance they are the same. It's lazy.

Why Jews Don t Believe In Jesus why Jews reject Jesus

Step by step, verse by verse PROOF Yeshua was not the Jewish Messiah.

"Jews do not accept Jesus as the messiah because:

1. Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
2. Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.
3. Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.
4. Jewish belief is based on national revelation.

1. Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)

Specifically, the Bible says he will:

1. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
2. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
3. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
4. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world ― on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.

Because no one has ever fulfilled the Bible's description of this future King, Jews still await the coming of the Messiah. All past Messianic claimants, including Jesus of Nazareth, Bar Cochba and Shabbtai Tzvi have been rejected.

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the Bible no concept of a second coming exists."

Simple enough question. I figured I would dig a little, find some questions to annoy Guano, and pester Delta(though he can't make up his mind if he's religious or not, perhaps he has a tumor, or is bi-polar.) So enjoy, I know I did when I read it.

Did the Jews Miss Their Messiah

Daniel 9:25
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

The Book of Daniel. Some of you have read it, some may not. This passage above is quite interesting. Daniel is told that to bring an end to sin and transgression, all these prophecies would be fulfilled in 70 weeks. The second verse goes on to tell us that from the decree to rebuild the temple until Messiah comes is 69 weeks. But what were these weeks. An in depth reading finds that these were weeks of years, so that the total would be 70 x 7 meaning 490 years total until these things would be fulfilled. Well, we note the time of the Messiah being 69 weeks as laid out in the 25th verse which adds up to 483 years. The question then comes in to play as to when the decree was given.
In the opening chapters of Nehemiah, we find that it is Nissan 1st in 20th year of the reign of Artaxerxes the decree is given. A look in history books shows us that is 445BC. Okay, so what is important about that? Well, 483 years later gives us the 10th of Nissan 32AD when Jesus came in to Jerusalem and was called Hosanna and hailed as the Messiah. So many Jews were looking for a Messiah that would come in on a horse with power and rule and missed one of their prophets' descriptions.
Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
Scripture already shows that Jesus fulfilled this, he came on the foal of an ass but look what the Jews who reject Jesus missed in this prophecy. He brought salvation. On the 14th of Nissan, just as other lambs were slain, so was Jesus as the final sacrifice for all. Now, I want you to look at two quandaries that you, as a Jew, are in. First, even if you were to disagree with some of the dates given, the fact is, it is now 2009AD, well past the time given in Daniel for the Messiah to appear. The Jews have rejected the One who claimed to be Him, so, since you cannot go back in time, it is apparent you have missed this prophecy. That would mean YHWH failed, but we know He does not.
Next I would draw your attention to the destruction of the Temple in 70AD. Since that time, for over 1900 years, your Rabbis have been unable to do anything for you for the forgiveness of sin. You have no way to truly repent in the way which YHWH commanded you to do. Please notice this prophecy of this time as well.

Edited to comply with copright rules: please post only a small to medium size section of the article and a link.

No the Jews did not miss their Messiah because neither Jesus nor any other candidate has met the requirements to be considered such.

@UllysesS.Archer,

the iniquity of us all.

Have a nice day!
USA

@UllysesS.Archer,
You are the gift that keeps on giving.
This is another favorite mistranslation of the RCC.
מְחֹלָל The word, M'chole-lal means wounded, NOT pierced.
In fact, the root, cha-lal, means to diminish.
Pierced is dah-kahr.

Ah-Mow means "nation"; you are such a zombie.
I love how you think it's ok for the RCC to manipulate the Word of God.

You have a false Bible, but I don't care as long as as you leave God's alone.
It's interesting how you blame others for missing your Messiah, when it was your own leaders who had Him crucified.

How embarrassing, it must be for the leaders of the Jews to know they crucified their Messiah, I bet they could never tell their followers that this happened. Murdering your own God, would make the whole of Israel look so foolish, they could never let that get out, they would become the laughing stock of the entire world.

Now, I directly quote English verses from the Bible, if you can't do the same, as evidence of what you say, then you are just trolling, and can't support anything you say.

Must be tough, knowing your people killed your God.

Have a nice day
USA

Hear, hear, according to Ulysses, Romans had the right to mistranslate the Word of God.
How intellectually dishonest of you, Mr. Archer.

First, thanks for finding the info, very interesting, but ultimately unconvincing. It is obvious to me that the OT is being twisted to provide the answer required, that these numbers point to Jesus.

The first example cited by your link, Numbers 14:34, reads:
"And your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcasses be wasted in the wilderness. After the number of the days in which you searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years..." (Numbers 14:33,34a)

I don't know which translation this is from but in the translations I looked at (Numbers 14 34 For forty years--one year for each of the forty days you explored the land--you will suffer for your sins and know what it is like to have me against you. ) it is apparent that God says he will punish the Jews for one year for each day they spied. That is God's justice and there is no confusion of what a day or a year mean. To infer otherwise is frankly dishonest. The other examples are likewise twisted and taken out of context.

The NT tradition of setting up Jesus as Messiah is theological not historical. His fulfilling of scripture was oral tradition (like GW and the cherry tree), written down decades after he lived and was meant to establish Jesus' bona fides. It failed to convince Jews in great numbers, perhaps since they were familiar with the scripture but it works fine on the gentiles.

Bible Numbers: A day can equal a year:
The following are examples of a day representing a year in the bible
1) "A day for each year" in the account of the ten spies returning with a bad report to Moses about the Promised Land after spying it out for 40 days:

• "And your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcasses be wasted in the wilderness. After the number of the days in which you searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years..." (Numbers 14:33,34a)
2) Ezekiel is told to lie on his side 390 plus 40 days --- "a day for each year"

• "Lie thou also upon thy left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it: according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon it thou shalt bear their iniquity. For I have laid upon thee the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days: so shalt thou bear the iniquity of the house of Israel. And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year" (Ezekiel 4:4-6).
3) The Law of Moses commands that the 7th day be a day of rest, and that likewise the 7th year be a year of rest, (Ex. 20:8-11; 23:10-11). This lays a pattern for the very important prophecy of Daniel's seventy weeks.
4) Daniel's vision of the " seventy weeks" (490 days)

• "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city ... from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks ... And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease..." (Daniel 9:24-27)
The "week" referred to here represents (primarily) a symbolic seven-year period. Thus once again, one day is made to signify one year. Here is why Daniel's "week" denotes seven years:
a) This vision (of ch. 9) came to Daniel upon his understanding that the 70 years of Israelite exile (as prophesied by Jeremiah) had just elapsed:

• "In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem" (Daniel 9:2).
It is reasonable to deduce that since the occasion for Daniel's vision was his understanding of the 70 years of Jeremiah, and that since the vision to Daniel concerned a like number of 70 weeks, therefore 70 weeks can equal 70 (x 7) years. Nevertheless, Daniel's "week" as a literal 7-day-period is also a valid interpretation. Both days and years weave together.
b) Seventy literal weeks would not be enough time to accomplish all the things mentioned as having to transpire within the scope of Daniel's "seventy-weeks" vision. For this reason, most evangelical scholars view the seventy weeks of Daniel as symbolic years.
c) The Hebrew term for "weeks" is actually the plural of the word for "seven," without specifying whether it is days, months, or years; (see Walvoord "Daniel: The Key to Prophetic Revelation", p. 219).
d) Daniel's "seven-weeks" (49 days) can be understood symbolically as 49 years because of it's similarity with the seven weeks (49 days) till Pentecost; and the seven weeks of Pentecost follows the patters of the seven-times-seven years (49 years) of the Jubilee, (Deut. 16:9, Lev. 25:8).
e) The "dividing" of the last "week" of the 70 "weeks" is further explained in Daniel 12:9, where the 1290 days is mentioned. One-half ("dividing") of "one week" (i.e., of 7 years) amounts to this 1290 days; (i.e., 3.5 x 360 = 1260 days, + leap month = 1290 days). Hence, one "week" must symbolize years in order for half-a-week to total 1290 days (instead of a literal 3½ days).
A fuller treatment of the 1290 shall be explained elsewhere, but for now please note the following:
i) The 390 + 40 = 430 days/years of Ezekiel (mentioned earlier) are exactly one-third of 1290, (cf., Ezekiel 4:4-8, 5:2. I.e., 430 days x 3 = 1290 days).
ii) The time from when Ezekiel was told to lay on his side 430 days symbolizing the siege of Jerusalem (593 BC), until the end of the literal siege of Jerusalem (586 BC), are 7 full years, or 3½ + 3½ years.
iii) The total siege-length of Ezekiel's symbolic siege of 390 (+ 40) days, plus the 945 days of the literal siege, amounts to 1335 days---the same figure found coupled with the 1290 days in Daniel 12:9.
iv) The fact that there are 1290 years from the entry into Egypt (1876 BC, which lasted 430 years until the exodus, 1446 BC), until the exile back again into Egypt (and Babylon) at the fall of Jerusalem (586 BC), is proof that 1290 days are intended to be years as well.
v.) See www.360calendar.com for more.

On a side note, I am sorry you missed your Messiah, because your people crucified Him, and were ashamed to admit it.​

Forum List

Back