Did the Tucker Video Gambit Work?

Tucker managed to rile up "the base" with his cherry picked release of minutes of the Jan 6 Capitol attack but even GOP legislators condemned it as dishonest

www.vox.com

Tucker Carlson’s January 6 lies throw Republicans into disarray

Senate Republicans are condemning Carlson’s downplaying of the insurrection. House leaders, not so much.
www.vox.com
www.vox.com

So aside from giving "the Following" something to yak about for a while...did it accomplish anything?

Do Independents now think that Jan 6 was just a "tour of the Capitol?

He had a chance but got cold feet apparently.

Acting like a Court??? And you fricken fell for it. The ONLY thing they can do is investigate and make recommendations. How the hell can they, or anyone, investigate with blinders on. Show us again how damn stupid you are.
They were building a case against those MAGA creeps...BECAUSE OF WHAT HAPPENED.

America needed to see that...and they showed it to us

No one needs to believe anything they say. People can watch the videos and decide for themselves.
If only that was true. You could watch every second of video of the astronauts on the Apollo 13 mission, and you wouldn't see evidence of anything negatively effecting their mission.

I've seen MANY protests that got out of hand in the last decade. This one was incredibly mild by comparison.

View attachment 764818

Strangley, this is the only one Democrats seem to care about.
No. It was not mild.

Attacking our seat of government in an attempt to overturn an election is leagues beyond the boundaries.

It figures Republicans don't seem to care.

No. It was not mild.

Attacking our seat of government in an attempt to overturn an election is leagues beyond the boundaries.

Oh good grief...not this again.

Exactly how was this "overturning the election" scheme supposed to work?

Occupy the Capitol forever?

This may be the dumbest part of the whole "insurrection" narrative conspiracy theory.

Explain please...how was a group of unarmed protestor going to overturn the election?

Also...still waiting on that link to convictions of people "stashing weapons".

Any time now...

Cummings acknowledged, if the QRF had been activated to enter D.C. it was well-stocked with guns.

“I hadn’t seen that many weapons in one place since my time in the military,” he said.

This may be the dumbest part of the whole "insurrection" narrative conspiracy theory.

Explain please...how was a group of unarmed protestor going to overturn the election?
Playing stupid?

Never heard of the Eastman memos?

They lay it out succinctly. The rioters stop the Count and one of several things happen. Either declare the count bogus and claim Trump won or throw it to the Supreme Court.

But the count HAD to be stopped first

No. It was not mild.

Lying traitor.

Incorrect. All video on the news is edited: clipped to show the relevant portion. That’s not “heavily” edited. You look like a fool contending otherwise, tbh.
Actually Tucker Carlson looks like a fool as do all the MAGAts who think that Carlson's bullshit attempt to re-write the history of the Capitol insurrection changed anything or even provided any "new" information everybody didn't already have.

And Tucker actually fucked up his own narrative when he aired this interview with disgraced and disgruntled ex Capitol Police officer Tarik Johnson.

Tucker's entire bullshit speil is that the terrorists who attacked the Capitol that day were "mostly peaceful tourists."
Yet in Tucker's ofn interview with Johnson he (Johnson) stated that if not for the red MAGAt cap that somebody put on his head he feared for his personal safety in the violent crowd.

KA-BOOM!

So Tucker's own video basically reduced his entire premise to ca-ca.

Nice job fool.

However, his career came to a screeching halt after he was spotted outside the Capitol wearing a Make America Great Again hat, which received national attention.

Johnson, a Biden voter, said a Trump supporter placed the MAGA hat on his head. He decided to keep wearing it for self-preservation as he navigated the pro-Trump crowd outside. Johnson was put on an indefinite suspension for doing so and later resigned and lost his pension.

"I couldn't say what would have happened walking through that crowd without it," Johnson said

Playing stupid?

Never heard of the Eastman memos?

They lay it out succinctly. The rioters stop the Count and one of several things happen. Either declare the count bogus and claim Trump won or throw it to the Supreme Court.

But the count HAD to be stopped first
The riot actually undermined the Eastman plan.

Did you read the memo?

I'm going to go read it again to make sure...but the Eastman plan was to throw out dueling slates of electors from States where the election was contested.

The riot torpedoed the plan.

Cummings acknowledged, if the QRF had been activated to enter D.C. it was well-stocked with guns.

“I hadn’t seen that many weapons in one place since my time in the military,” he said.
Thanks. I'll read them.

I'll simplify it for you.

A mob of over a thousand people (per last count) is not "a group of protesters".

The claim that they were "unarmed" is disingenuous at best, and an outright lie at worst. They were armed with bats, metal poles, pepper pray, stun guns, tazers etc. sufficient to crack ribs, concuss heads and shatter spinal disks.

The fact that they were incompetent and didn't think things through or truly believed their president was going to ride in and finish it for them is irrelevant.

Incompetence doesn't change what they set out to do. Does an attempted bank robber get excused because he was an idiot?

The riot actually undermined the Eastman plan.

Did you read the memo?

I'm going to go read it again to make sure...but the Eastman plan was to throw out dueling slates of electors from States where the election was contested.

The riot torpedoed the plan.
Pence scuttled the plan

Glad you understand that there WERE plans to illegally keep the Presidency for Trump though.

Many things COULD have happened had not Pence and Pelosi reconvened Congress and finished the Count.

If any lawmakers had been hurt or captured Trump would have declared martial law

One plan was to delay the count and then claim it was no longer legal ...throwing it to Trump's rigged SCOTUS

Another was to cast doubt on the legality of the electors and throw it to the House where the vote would be by state...with Republicans holding more states (even with less Representatives).

All of it depended on stopping the Count. The Magarats did manage to do that but only for a short time

Forum List

Back