Did Trump Withdraw from Race?

Since when does an Op-Ed = making up lies?

You can make up whatever you want if the objective is to express a point of view.

Do people seriously not know the difference between a "story" and an "op-ed", seriously?

Story: Who did what, when where.

Op -ed : who SHOULD do what.

No, an OP-Ed in a regular newspaper does not mean you make up lies to prove your point. I started out as a journalism major in college, and that is a basic principle to understand, unless you are truly a satire piece like The Onion, and then people expect you to make up things.

Click on this page on Yahoo, and then try clicking on the link to see more...

Trump's new attack against Clinton uses 'short-circuited' line against her

Never mind, that doesn't even provide the correct link anymore.

I'm not sure why you're referring to the "Yahoo" page. The OP link goes directly to the Charlotte Observer, and loads the page.

Perhaps Yahoo changed their link (?) but the original still works.

I'm referring to the Yahoo page because the OP said that it was on the top of the Yahoo News feed, so that confirmed it was a serious story.

You can make up whatever you want if the objective is to express a point of view.

Do people seriously not know the difference between a "story" and an "op-ed", seriously?

No, an OP-Ed in a regular newspaper does not mean you make up lies to prove your point. I started out as a journalism major in college, and that is a basic principle to understand, unless you are truly a satire piece like The Onion, and then people expect you to make up things.

And that's what it is --- satire. Satire is not "making up lies". No more than telling a joke is.
This one does employ a fiction, and is an unusual approach for an op-ed, but it makes its point. Nowhere on the page does it purport to be a factual news story.

Last edited:
Click on this page on Yahoo, and then try clicking on the link to see more...

Trump's new attack against Clinton uses 'short-circuited' line against her

Never mind, that doesn't even provide the correct link anymore.

I'm not sure why you're referring to the "Yahoo" page. The OP link goes directly to the Charlotte Observer, and loads the page.

Perhaps Yahoo changed their link (?) but the original still works.

I'm referring to the Yahoo page because the OP said that it was on the top of the Yahoo News feed, so that confirmed it was a serious story.

Wouldn't know. Her link goes to the Observer, not Yahoo.
Why take a circuitous route? Just use the link she provided.

My apologies to everyone. When I see a news article in Yahoo news I take it for granted it is actual news and not some trick.
Double and triple check everything that does not sound right.

It is also bs that blacks do not support Trump. Blacks for Trump.

It is a war Jeri and by now you should know it is about powers and principalities. There is a lot of money at stake for those who have been destroying and playing with other peoples lives.

Who is the liar? The Koran states it is okay to lie, kill, etc. Bankers who claim to be Jews that have depended on mysticism have started more than one war and they have gotten many killed over the years for the love of money and their dreams of power.

A five minute video

1 hour and 16 minutes by Frontline on the Islamic ISIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzuQmeJrqZE

Madam Blavatsky: Spiritual Traveller
Documentary on Madame Helena Blavatsky, founder of the Theosophical Society and scholar of ancient wisdom and literature.

And that's what it is --- satire. Satire is not "making up lies".
This one does employ a fiction, and is an unusual approach for an op-ed, but it makes its point. Nowhere on the page does it purport to be a factual news story.

No, in an OP-Ed you don't make up facts...

and btw, this is the link that comes from the Yahoo news feed.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/article94264247.html

Seriously, Jeremiah? Now, you're a political nutball, too?

My husband told me the story, I copied a link to it and read enough to wonder, is it true? ....and posted it. I suppose that was stupid. I apologize.

Not to worry Jeremiah. It was a good laugh.

Some asshats around here have no sense of humor at all. And some, I daresay, are in high places.

ON the other hand, democratic politicians can say things straight from the communist manifesto and their populatity increases within their own party.

Actually -- Rump's not even getting the level of black support that David Duke is.

Which I find HILARIOUS.
You may think that truth is political junkies with positions in the party are withholding support to local party groups. Happens all the time when you get a few pricks that believe their way is the only way. They get into those positions and hang on to them through cronyism and deceit. That goes on in both parties until that mold they have created in their own image gets shattered.

Again, I'm not sure why you circle around to Yahoo and try to find it through that portal, when the OP already provided a direct link in her first line. Wtf? Are you trying to NOT find it?

Apparently Yahoo fucked up their link to a page that still exists, but even so ---- right there in the URL itself resides the word "opinion". And on the page itself it says in large letters, "VIEWPOINT".

Any time you see "opinion" you are about to hear "this is what I think". As opposed to an actual news story which says "this is what took place".

Actually -- Rump's not even getting the level of black support that David Duke is.

Which I find HILARIOUS.
You may think that truth is political junkies with positions in the party are withholding support to local party groups. Happens all the time when you get a few pricks that believe their way is the only way. They get into those positions and hang on to them through cronyism and deceit. That goes on in both parties until that mold they have created in their own image gets shattered.

lE

Which I find HILARIOUS.

Do let me know when that gets translated into English.

Again, I'm not sure why you circle around to Yahoo and try to find it through that portal, when the OP already provided a direct link in her first line. Wtf? Are you trying to NOT find it?

Apparently Yahoo fucked up their link to a page that still exists, but even so ---- right there in the URL itself resides the word "opinion". And on the page itself it says in large letters, "VIEWPOINT".

Any time you see "opinion" you are about to hear "this is what I think". As opposed to an actual news story which says "this is what took place".

Are you mentally retarded? The OP said that because it was on the Yahoo News Feed it validated the story...and I said that the Yahoo news feed leads to a dead link.

And WTF do you not understand about the fact that even as an OP-ED piece you don't make up facts and present them as such...and even when REAL newspapers do so they tag them as satire.

Which I find HILARIOUS.

lE

Which I find HILARIOUS.

Your lack of understanding is not my problem.

Well I am glad that someone else can see this. I do agree that I can be very naive in that I believe people when they tell me something. I also believe them when they write something as a serious news story or if my husband tells me did you see this story? I look at it and see it is on Yahoo news and think, is it true?

It doesn't occur to me that people would do this. I'm sorry. That is just me. I wondered about it and so I thought I'd ask the "professionals" here. I apologize. Goodnight.

Nothing to apologize for. You formed your title as a question, rather than a declaration, and that's the right way to go. You linked your source, and that's right too.

I couldn't even begin to count the number of threads on this site that have been posted as flat declarations that I took to the cleaners with a minimal amount of research. Don't be bothered by the opportunists piling on after the fact -- that's the same crowd I've been debunking. :lol:

Which I find HILARIOUS.

lE

Which I find HILARIOUS.

Your lack of understanding is not my problem.

And wherever that post was supposed to be going is a complete non sequitur. Nothing whatsoever related to my post.
Oh well. :dunno:

Are you mentally retarded? The OP said that because it was on the Yahoo News Feed it validated the story...and I said that the Yahoo news feed leads to a dead link.

And for the third time --- why would you be traipsing out to Yahoo to try to find a path ---- when the OP put the direct link right in her OP? And then complain your own search didn't work? Doesn't make sense.

And WTF do you not understand about the fact that even as an OP-ED piece you don't make up facts and present them as such...and even when REAL newspapers do so they tag them as satire.

Again -- satire isn't "making up facts" any more than a joke is.

If I said, "nine hundred million Chinese walk into a bar.. they order a beer" .... do you expect that really happened?

Forum List

Back