Did Trump Withdraw from Race?

Did Trump just resign from the race? I just saw this news article and am wondering what in the world is going on. Did he really hold a press conference and say these things?
It's scary that people like you get to vote. You can't even discern reality from sarcastic satire. No wonder we get people like Barack Obama and Hitlery Clinton elected to public offices. :eusa_doh:

Pfffffffft. You're the asshat who puts up threads about "Liberalism", loads it up with irrelevant meth stories and then runs away when challenged to show your basis, so you have zero wiggle room to be calling the kettle black, Dumbo.

Its an OP ED for gullible idiots.
I think we're at the point of being gullible any time we believe anything the press reports now. It does appear that truth does not matter any more. Anything can be reported, the most outrageous lies and the person writing the story gets away with it. What a sad day for America.

So the Charlotte Observer is satire? I've never heard of them before but this story is running on the top page of Yahoo news.
No its a real newspaper but its an OP ED...aka the writers opinion and in this case what he wants to happen and thinks will.
That wasn't a writer's opinion. That was a writer's propaganda hit piece that had no basis of fact in it. I thought an Op ed writer was supposed to write their opinion based upon facts. Not fiction. I'm amazed that Yahoo put this story at the top of their page!
You're surprised the media would misrepresent a political story? Interested in a bridge?
Misrepresent? I think announcing to the world that Trump quit the race is more like an outright lie, don't you? I never understood satire - ever. Nor do I understand an Op-ed Writer basing a story on a total lie. It makes no sense to me.

Op-eds are by definition opinion. They don't need to state facts; they state a view of how things are or should be. This one was just done creatively. As you said, lighten up. You don't deserve to be dumped on by the clowns marching in to shoot the wounded. I'm glad you posted this. It's an entertaining thought.

So the Charlotte Observer is satire? I've never heard of them before but this story is running on the top page of Yahoo news.
No its a real newspaper but its an OP ED...aka the writers opinion and in this case what he wants to happen and thinks will.
That wasn't a writer's opinion. That was a writer's propaganda hit piece that had no basis of fact in it. I thought an Op ed writer was supposed to write their opinion based upon facts. Not fiction. I'm amazed that Yahoo put this story at the top of their page!
You're surprised the media would misrepresent a political story? Interested in a bridge?
Misrepresent? I think announcing to the world that Trump quit the race is more like an outright lie, don't you? I never understood satire - ever. Nor do I understand an Op-ed Writer basing a story on a total lie. It makes no sense to me.
The writer is attempting to imply that Republican's are ignorant and racist because they supported a life-long liberal who has made some unapologetic statements.

I think we're at the point of being gullible any time we believe anything the press reports now. It does appear that truth does not matter any more. Anything can be reported, the most outrageous lies and the person writing the story gets away with it. What a sad day for America.

Yeah, that's another point it makes, whether intentionally or not.

In North Carolina we call it the Charlotte Disturber and it is a Left Wing Ultra-Liberal Rag. I've had my share of run-ins with those Communist bastards.

It's an op-ed, not a 'story'. Interested in a reading course?

In North Carolina we call it the Charlotte Disturber and it is a Left Wing Ultra-Liberal Rag. I've had my share of run-ins with those Communist bastards.

Do tell.

:popcorn:

Since when does an Op-Ed = making up lies?

You can make up whatever you want if the objective is to express a point of view.

Do people seriously not know the difference between a "story" and an "op-ed", seriously?

Story: Who did what, when where.

Op -ed : who SHOULD do what.

Since when does an Op-Ed = making up lies?
Well I am glad that someone else can see this. I do agree that I can be very naive in that I believe people when they tell me something. I also believe them when they write something as a serious news story or if my husband tells me did you see this story? I look at it and see it is on Yahoo news and think, is it true?

It doesn't occur to me that people would do this. I'm sorry. That is just me. I wondered about it and so I thought I'd ask the "professionals" here. I apologize. Goodnight.

An opinion piece is just that--a piece of someone's wish or assumption. Treat editorials as fiction and your reading will become more enjoyable!

Forum List

Back