🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Differences between Obama's ban and Trump's latest EO on the Muslim ban...

You can't restrict travel for "no reason", and that's what Trump has done. There is literally no good reason for his action. Arbitrary and capricious executive orders are illegal. They're particularly insidious when there's no reason for a ban, AND the orders target a specific group based on an immutable characteristic.
No...really...you can. President Trump doesn't need a reason to prevent foreigners from entering the United States. The fact that you think he needs a "reason" is as hilarious as it is ignorant. You sound like a 4th grader with your uninformed "logic".

The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee foreigners anything - especially access to the United States. Furthermore - the very constitutional, passed by Congress, Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 grants the President of the United States full authority to prevent any and all non-U.S. citizen from entering the United States under his National Security powers.

I'm sorry - just because you hate President Trump and/or law doesn't mean you get to go on message boards and create your own. It doesn't work that way, snowflake. Your certainly welcome to lie about it (as you have been doing), but it won't change reality. We still will block any nation for any reason from entering the United States (and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it). Even famed left-wing attorney Allen Durschowitz admitted it was 100% constitutional and would have been upheld by the lower court had it been issued by Barack Obama.

Tell it to the federal courts, dipshit! lol!

:bsflag:

It's not about the rights of foreigners, fuckstick. It's about the limits to executive authority, something you so-called "conservatives" used to give a shit about.
Bwahahahahaha! Hey stupid? The Executive Branch is responsible for both immigration and National Security. Who the fuck do you think controls that stuff - the Legislative Branch? The Judicial Branch?

(Psst....what branch does ICE reside under?) :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

No, what I am saying is I have read them both.
Now, tell me how you feel about this?

"The week before the flight, another phone call came, this time with bad news. The departure was delayed indefinitely and without explanation.

“It hurts me even more than all the threats we received,” said the father, who asked to be identified only as Abu Hassan for security reasons. “We were expecting, ‘This is it.’ ” The mother, who asked to be identified as Umm Hassan, whose brother and father worked for the American military and now live in Arizona, said only, “I feel sick.”"

No, the only difference is one was signed by a Dem, the other a Rep.
Parroting what is spewed on FOX and other right wing outlets, conservatives on here keep on "thinking" that what Obama did in 2011 and what Trump has just done on the Muslim immigration ban were the same...
The actions of the 2 presidents are NOT THE SAME....

So what’s the difference between what Obama did, with Trump’s action on the current Muslim ban ?

First, Obama responded to an actual threat — the discovery that two Iraqi refugees had been implicated in bomb-making in Iraq that had targeted U.S. troops. (Iraq, after all, was a war zone.) Under congressional pressure, officials decided to reexamine all previous refugees and impose new screening procedures, which led to a slowdown in processing new applications. Trump, by contrast, issued his executive order without any known triggering threat. (His staff has pointed to attacks unrelated to the countries named in his order.)

Second, Obama did not announce a ban on visa applications. ……There was certainly a lot of news reporting that visa applications had slowed to a trickle. But the Obama administration never said it had a policy to halt all applications. Indeed, it is now clear that no ban was put in place.

Third, Obama’s policy did not prevent all citizens of that country, including green-card holders, from traveling to the United States. Trump’s policy is much more sweeping, though officials have appeared to pull back from barring permanent U.S. residents.

Iraqi refugee processing was slowed, in response to a specific threat, but it was not halted. The Trump White House, meanwhile, has failed to provide any evidence for its statement.

Trump’s facile claim that his refugee policy is similar to Obama’s in 2011

So what you're saying is you can't read?

It's not about the rights of foreigners, fuckstick. It's about the limits to executive authority, something you so-called "conservatives" used to give a shit about.
Bwahahahahaha! Hey stupid? The Executive Branch is responsible for both immigration and National Security. Who the fuck do you think controls that stuff - the Legislative Branch? The Judicial Branch?

Have you not heard of Judicial Review?

Read the federalist papers. Take it up with Alexander Hamilton and James MAdison.

You can't restrict travel for "no reason", and that's what Trump has done. There is literally no good reason for his action. Arbitrary and capricious executive orders are illegal. They're particularly insidious when there's no reason for a ban, AND the orders target a specific group based on an immutable characteristic.
No...really...you can. President Trump doesn't need a reason to prevent foreigners from entering the United States. The fact that you think he needs a "reason" is as hilarious as it is ignorant. You sound like a 4th grader with your uninformed "logic".

The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee foreigners anything - especially access to the United States. Furthermore - the very constitutional, passed by Congress, Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 grants the President of the United States full authority to prevent any and all non-U.S. citizen from entering the United States under his National Security powers.

I'm sorry - just because you hate President Trump and/or law doesn't mean you get to go on message boards and create your own. It doesn't work that way, snowflake. Your certainly welcome to lie about it (as you have been doing), but it won't change reality. We still will block any nation for any reason from entering the United States (and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it). Even famed left-wing attorney Allen Durschowitz admitted it was 100% constitutional and would have been upheld by the lower court had it been issued by Barack Obama.

You mean that lower level of court with a political agenda? Yeah....Allen Durschowitz just debunked them snowflake. The U.S. Supreme Court would absolutely (and properly) uphold the EO.

The big difference and the most significant difference of course is the liberal media spin. Who even knew that there was an Obama ban?

Have you not heard of Judicial Review?
Snowflake...."judicial review" doesn't grant the Judicial Branch power over National Security and/or Immigration. :laugh:

(P.S. I've read the Federalist Papers backwards and forwards and have forgotten more about them than you will ever know).

So lets take a moment to recap here GaryDog:

First you believed that foreigners had a constitutional right to access the United States. When I pointed out how idiotic and incorrect that was, you pivoted to a new false narrative.

Next, you attempted to turn that make the case that "Trump needed a reason". When I pointed out how idiotic and incorrect that was, you pivoted yet again and attempted to create yet another new false narrative.

Now you attempt to make the case that "it's about the limitation of power on the Executive Branch". When I pointed out how idiotic and incorrect that was (as the Executive Branch is responsible for both immigration and National Security), you start swearing and throwing a fit like a triggered left-wing toddler.

Seriously snowflake, just read the U.S. Constitution. It's like 3 freaking pages and it's not even written in complex legal terminology. It's pretty basic. I understand that you are a fragile snowflake who is easily triggered by reality - but the fact is Donald Trump is president and everything he has done has been 100% legal/constitutional. We're not even sorry that you don't like it.

"The week before the flight, another phone call came, this time with bad news. The departure was delayed indefinitely and without explanation.

“It hurts me even more than all the threats we received,” said the father, who asked to be identified only as Abu Hassan for security reasons. “We were expecting, ‘This is it.’ ” The mother, who asked to be identified as Umm Hassan, whose brother and father worked for the American military and now live in Arizona, said only, “I feel sick.”"

Parroting what is spewed on FOX and other right wing outlets, conservatives on here keep on "thinking" that what Obama did in 2011 and what Trump has just done on the Muslim immigration ban were the same...

So what’s the difference between what Obama did, with Trump’s action on the current Muslim ban ?

First, Obama responded to an actual threat — the discovery that two Iraqi refugees had been implicated in bomb-making in Iraq that had targeted U.S. troops. (Iraq, after all, was a war zone.) Under congressional pressure, officials decided to reexamine all previous refugees and impose new screening procedures, which led to a slowdown in processing new applications. Trump, by contrast, issued his executive order without any known triggering threat. (His staff has pointed to attacks unrelated to the countries named in his order.)

Second, Obama did not announce a ban on visa applications. ……There was certainly a lot of news reporting that visa applications had slowed to a trickle. But the Obama administration never said it had a policy to halt all applications. Indeed, it is now clear that no ban was put in place.

Third, Obama’s policy did not prevent all citizens of that country, including green-card holders, from traveling to the United States. Trump’s policy is much more sweeping, though officials have appeared to pull back from barring permanent U.S. residents.

Iraqi refugee processing was slowed, in response to a specific threat, but it was not halted. The Trump White House, meanwhile, has failed to provide any evidence for its statement.

The fuck is this nonsense supposed to be saying about the Muslim ban exactly?

So lets take a moment to recap here GaryDog:

First you believed that foreigners had a constitutional right to access the United States. When I pointed out how idiotic and incorrect that was, you pivoted to a new false narrative.

Next, you attempted to turn that make the case that "Trump needed a reason". When I pointed out how idiotic and incorrect that was, you pivoted yet again and attempted to create yet another new false narrative.

Now you attempt to make the case that "it's about the limitation of power on the Executive Branch". When I pointed out how idiotic and incorrect that was (as the Executive Branch is responsible for both immigration and National Security), you start swearing and throwing a fit like a triggered left-wing toddler.

Seriously snowflake, just read the U.S. Constitution. It's like 3 freaking pages and it's not even written in complex legal terminology. It's pretty basic. I understand that you are a fragile snowflake who is easily triggered by reality - but the fact is Donald Trump is president and everything he has done has been 100% legal/constitutional. We're not even sorry that you don't like it.

No, I never said "foreigners have a constitutional right". I said the executive branch has limits to its power, and those are determined by judicial review. You couldn't identify a rock if it was currently pinning your dick to the ground. Holy shit. How do you inhale and exhale without dying?

1j7yn4.jpg

(f)Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

8 U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens

You could have just made it easy on yourself and said Obama democrat goo, Trump Republican bad!

No, I never said "foreigners have a constitutional right".
Yes you did - until I pointed out the idiocy of that statement.
I said the executive branch has limits to its power, and those are determined by judicial review.
Well that was your third desperate attempt - at the first one above and the laughable second attempt of "but....but....but....Trump needs a reason" :laugh:

How do you inhale and exhale without dying?
That's pretty funny coming from the snowflake who first believed that foreigners had a constitutional right to enter the United States, and then that Trump "needed a reason", and finally that National Security and/or immigration where under the Judicial branch of the federal government. :laugh:

You could have just made it easy on yourself and said Obama democrat goo, Trump Republican bad!

True....I could have; but if you think that Trump is a republican you;re more stupid than the rest of your comrades.

You mean that lower level of court with a political agenda? Yeah....Allen Durschowitz just debunked them snowflake. The U.S. Supreme Court would absolutely (and properly) uphold the EO.

Uh, no, at best they'd deadlock 4-4, and the 9th circuit would hold.

(f)Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

8 U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens

Did you read that first part about "the president finds ...." ?

That means he needs a reason. And that reason can't be "Info Wars told me..."

Uh, no, at best they'd deadlock 4-4, and the 9th circuit would hold.
Uh.....no....even the radical political activists who violate their oath (such as Ginsburg and Kagen) recognize the constitutional authority of the President to execute his national security duties. The president does not need a "reason" to deny foreigners access to the United States. Period.

Forum List

Back