Zone1 Different types of ethics in society

Quentin111

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2014
In modern society, different types of ethics can be distinguished:
"Darwinian ethics": natural selection operates: the fittest survives, competition between individuals and entire communities leads to a zero-sum game. This type of ethics in modern society usually works in a capitalist economy: competition between individual firms and corporations leads to the availability of inexpensive and high-quality goods in the market, which satisfies consumers.
"Legal ethics": every person and citizen has inalienable rights and freedoms from birth. This type of ethics takes place in the modern Western legal world.
"Christian ethics": love your neighbor as yourself, if you hit your right cheek, turn your left, give your neighbor your last shirt, etc.
These types of ethics complement each other. What types of ethics in modern human society can you still identify? Shall we discuss?

"Darwinian ethics": natural selection operates: the fittest survives, competition between individuals and entire communities leads to a zero-sum game. This type of ethics in modern society usually works in a capitalist economy: competition between individual firms and corporations leads to the availability of inexpensive and high-quality goods in the market, which satisfies consumers.
"Legal ethics": every person and citizen has inalienable rights and freedoms from birth. This type of ethics takes place in the modern Western legal world.
"Christian ethics": love your neighbor as yourself, if you hit your right cheek, turn your left, give your neighbor your last shirt, etc.
These types of ethics complement each other. What types of ethics in modern human society can you still identify? Shall we discuss?

The Israeli law of Chok Issur Lashon Hara ( the law forbidding the defamation of character)defines defamation as anything written (libel) or oral (slander) that is likely to degrade a person in the eyes of human beings or to make him the object of hatred, contempt or ridicule on their part, to cause a person to be ...Oct 15, 2015
Voleh Organization › defamation-in-isr...
Defamation in Israel - VOLEH

Wyoming official state ethics. "the code of the west"

1. Live each day with courage.
2. Take pride in your work.
3. Always finish what you start.
4. Do what has to be done.
5. Be tough, but fair.
6. When you make a promise, keep it.
7. Ride for the brand
8. Talk less, say more.
9. Remember that some things are not for sale.
10. Know where to draw the line.

Wyoming official state ethics. "the code of the west"

1. Live each day with courage.
2. Take pride in your work.
3. Always finish what you start.
4. Do what has to be done.
5. Be tough, but fair.
6. When you make a promise, keep it.
7. Ride for the brand
8. Talk less, say more.
9. Remember that some things are not for sale.
10. Know where to draw the line.

I sure like that Code of the West!

It's from Zane Grey.
well, thanks, surada, that makes it an authentic artifact of the fictional frontier.

yea, there are bunches of these things on line. this is the one i've been looking for. never dreamed wyoming would pass such a reasonable thing.

well, thanks, surada, that makes it an authentic artifact of the fictional frontier.

yea, there are bunches of these things on line. this is the one i've been looking for. never dreamed wyoming would pass such a reasonable thing.

Wouldn't hurt the Trump team to memorize them. I wonder who their childhood heroes were.

Wouldn't hurt the Trump team to memorize them. I wonder who their childhood heroes were.
could not have been the "strong, silent type" could it, and anyone who would send an anonymous online death threat to a little girl would shoot you in the back.

that narrows it down a little.

could not have been the "strong, silent type" could it, and anyone who would send an anonymous online death threat to a little girl would shoot you in the back.

that narrows it down a little.

I loved Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, the Lone Ranger.. You know, the good guys in white hats.

I wonder if Trump had any childhood heroes.

I loved Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, the Lone Ranger.. You know, the good guys in white hats.

I wonder if Trump had any childhood heroes.
if genetics has anything to do with it trump's grandfather ran a frontier "saloon " in the yukon.

gene autrey's version of "code of the west" is particularly woke ....

The Cowboy Code By Gene Autry​

1. The cowboy must never shoot first, hit a smaller man, or take unfair advantage.

2. He must never go back on his word, or a trust confided in him.

3. He must always tell the truth.

4. He must be gentle with children, the elderly, and animals.

5. He must not advocate or possess racially or religiously intolerant ideas.

6. He must help people in distress.

7. He must be a good worker.

8. He must keep himself clean in thought, speech, action, and personal habits.

9. He must respect women, parents, and his nation's laws.

10. The Cowboy is a patriot.

There is also “Ethics of the Far North”. In Russia, in the Far North, in winter there are very low temperatures and very long distances between settlements - tens and hundreds of miles. If a truck breaks down on the highway, then the driver without help (for example, if there is no radio) may die from the cold in a few hours. Therefore, if any driver is driving along the highway and sees a truck or car standing on the side of the road, then he is obliged to stop and find out the reason why the car stopped. If he does not do this, then others will know about it, and if he himself breaks down on the road, then no one will stop next to him.

Forum List

Back