Diplomat: U.S. Special Forces told "you can't go" to Benghazi during attacks

I'll be very interested to hear what these folks who were involved in Benghazi have to say.

"I believe if we had been able to scramble a fighter or aircraft or two over Benghazi as quickly as possible after the attack commenced, I believe there would not have been a mortar attack on the annex in the morning because I believe the Libyans would have split. They would have been scared to death that we would have gotten a laser on them and killed them," Hicks testified. Two Americans died in the morning mortar attack.

He is making assumptions.

And those two Americans that died in the morning mortar attack were from a rescue team sent from Tripoli to the CIA annex!

Try as you might, this was all the military's call and Libya's call, not Obama's. Sorry.

Q: So you had mentioned that the first team from Tripoli to Benghazi arrived at 1:15?

A: Right.

So you see, there was a rescue team sent. You assholes lied every time you said there wasn't. In fact, it was this first team the last two men killed were from.

Moving on:

Q: And was there a second team that was organized? Could you tell us about the second team?

A: Right. The second team -- the Defense Attache worked assiduously all night long to try to get the Libyan military to respond in some way. Early in the morning -- sorry, after we were formally notified by the Prime Minister, who called me, that Chris had passed, the Libyan military agreed to fly their C-130 to Benghazi and carry additional personnel to Benghazi as reinforcements. Because we at that time -- at that time, the third attack, the mortar attack at 5:15, had not yet occurred, if I remember correctly.

Q: So what time did the second rescue team ??

A: Well, again, they flew -- I think that flight took off sometime between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m.

Q: At that point, you are the Chief of Mission?

The second team left over an hour after the second attack which killed the members of the first rescue team.

The delay was on the party of the Libyans.

Not Obama.

Keep trying.

A: They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it. So, anyway, and yeah. I still remember Colonel Gibson, he said, "I have never been so embarrassed in my life that a State Department officer has bigger balls than somebody in the military." A nice compliment.

Last edited:
Something else to consider.

A drone arrived over Benghazi about an hour after the attack. Many a terrorist has been killed by drones.

The presence of the drone did not dissuade the terrorists from attacking the annex.

So the deputy's assumption that a fly-by of a jet would have is most likely mistaken.

The terrorists know a drone or a jet can only stay on station for so long. The second attack occurred seven hours after the first probably for this very reason.

Last edited:
Nope, they weren't supposed to be there, they went in on their own sorry kid.

"I believe if we had been able to scramble a fighter or aircraft or two over Benghazi as quickly as possible after the attack commenced, I believe there would not have been a mortar attack on the annex in the morning because I believe the Libyans would have split. They would have been scared to death that we would have gotten a laser on them and killed them," Hicks testified. Two Americans died in the morning mortar attack.

He is making assumptions.

And those two Americans that died in the morning mortar attack were from a rescue team sent from Tripoli to the CIA annex!

Poor G, the drone wasn't armed, it was how the attack was watched.

Something else to consider.

A drone arrived over Benghazi about an hour after the attack. Many a terrorist has been killed by drones.

The presence of the drone did not dissuade the terrorists from attacking the annex.

So the deputy's assumption that a fly-by of a jet would have is most likely mistaken.

The terrorists know a drone or a jet can only stay on station for so long. The second attack occurred seven hours after the first probably for this very reason.

The politics of this is that now that the election is over, the witchhunt is off Obama, and onto the State Department,

because, of course, someone who was Secretary of State might be running for president soon.

A: I was in communications with Washington all night long. I was reporting all night long what was happening to Washington by telephone.

Try as you might you are an idiot, Obama is the CIC and the Attache was in touch all night long.

Oh yes, and Doherty and Woods were security guys at ANOTHER Benghazi location who went in on their own.

You keep spinning kid, Hilary and Obama are going to held accountable.

Try as you might, this was all the military's call and Libya's call, not Obama's. Sorry.

Q: So you had mentioned that the first team from Tripoli to Benghazi arrived at 1:15?

A: Right.

So you see, there was a rescue team sent. You assholes lied every time you said there wasn't. In fact, it was this first team the last two men killed were from.

Moving on:

Q: And was there a second team that was organized? Could you tell us about the second team?

A: Right. The second team -- the Defense Attache worked assiduously all night long to try to get the Libyan military to respond in some way. Early in the morning -- sorry, after we were formally notified by the Prime Minister, who called me, that Chris had passed, the Libyan military agreed to fly their C-130 to Benghazi and carry additional personnel to Benghazi as reinforcements. Because we at that time -- at that time, the third attack, the mortar attack at 5:15, had not yet occurred, if I remember correctly.

Q: So what time did the second rescue team ??

A: Well, again, they flew -- I think that flight took off sometime between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m.

Q: At that point, you are the Chief of Mission?

The second team left over an hour after the second attack which killed the members of the first rescue team.

The delay was on the party of the Libyans.

Not Obama.

Keep trying.

A: They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it. So, anyway, and yeah. I still remember Colonel Gibson, he said, "I have never been so embarrassed in my life that a State Department officer has bigger balls than somebody in the military." A nice compliment.

If it weren't so sick it might be funny.

NO rescue team was sent in.

: So Lieutenant Colonel Gibson, who is the SOCAFRICA commander, his team, you know, they were on their way to the vehicles to go to the airport to get on the C-130 when he got a phone call from SOCAFRICA which said, you can't go now, you don't have authority to go now. And so they missed the flight. And, of course, this meant that one of the ...

Q : They didn't miss the flight. They were told not to board the flight.

Q: Now, at this point, are you having communications with Washington?

A: I was in communications with Washington all night long. I was reporting all night long what was happening to Washington by telephone.

Q: When these Special Forces folks were told essentially to stand down, what was your next move? Did you have a recourse? Were you able to call Washington? Were you able to call anyone at this point to get that decision reversed?

A: No, because the flight was -- the flight was leaving. And, you know, if they missed -- you know, if the vehicles didn't leave when they leave, they would miss the flight time at the airport. And the airport -- you know, we were going all the way to Mitiga. The C-130 is at Mitiga, which is all the way on the other side of Tripoli.

Try as you might you are an idiot, Obama is the CIC and the Attache was in touch all night long.

Read this again, fool:

Q: I just wanted to ask, you mentioned permission from the Libyans. Why is that important? What did you mean by that?

A: Well, it's their country. And for an American military aircraft to fly over their country, we have to have permission from them to do so.

The drone which arrived over Benghazi was a Predator. That's the kind used most to kill terrorists.

A second Predator drone arrived to relieve the first just minutes before the second attack at the CIA annex.

Both drones were unarmed.

Last edited:
Sorry fool, what would they do if we didn't give a shit about their "permission"?

Nothing.

Read this again, fool:

Q: I just wanted to ask, you mentioned permission from the Libyans. Why is that important? What did you mean by that?

A: Well, it's their country. And for an American military aircraft to fly over their country, we have to have permission from them to do so.

Forum List

Back