Disappointed in God

I do it for personal gain. Isn't that kind of evil, lol?
Would it make you happy for people you believe are good people to be harmed?

Would it make you happy for people you believe are bad people to be harmed?

If your answer to both questions is yes, then maybe you do worship evil. If your answer is no to the first question and yes to the second question, I rest my case.

So that means you "understand god"? No, that merely means you equivocated until found a way to square it.
I said that is my personal believe.... I never said I knew the mind of God.... Everyone has a the right and free will to believe what they will. I'm willing to discuss possibilities of all angles

The cross with Jesus on it in every christian church says so.
Do all Christian churches show Jesus on the cross?

But for the sake of argument, let's say they do (but they don't) how does that prove Jesus is the messiah instead of the redeemer? Two different roles.

You also said :

So,did you also mean to say YOU don't understand God? But some people do?
Maybe? I really don't know if anyone DOES understand God, so, perhaps I should have worded that differently... I would find it hard to believe that anyone DOES understand, so, that is probably why most religions rely on faith

And you "know" this because you have not found Him. And by ignoring all who have.

no one has found a supernatural being or heard from one that would circumvent the permission granted a&e to determine their own destiny for remission to the heavens on their own terms or perish - the religion of antiquity.

the desert religions have no other means than the same for all beings as prescribed.

But it's ok for the bible to spew bs.
How do you know it is?

the desert religions are based on a fallacy from the originator of judaism, or ...

provide the etched tablets from the heavens - claimed by all three desert religions to be 10 commandments they have written in their text.

representing from their beginning the forgeries and fallacies of their documents including the mischaracterization of the 1st century events.

C'mon, I know some good people as well, but most of humanity are pieces of shit.
If that were true, you wouldn’t be able to go to work or to the store,or to the gym or any where you go every day without being attacked.

the fact is that almost all of our daily outings among the rest of the world are completely and utterly uneventful. This suggests that most people are basically good or, at the very least, wish no particular harm on anyone else.

Some people don't understand God ... eg why is there so much pain, sin etc. in the world. My personal belief is that he put us here with free will to choose him or reject him. Our rejecting of him and his ways created the sin (and all the negative stuff that goes with that)

that's refreshing - not to chose or reject but to triumph in purity, good vs evil for admission through their judgement to the heavens - as their equal in spirit.

are you able to type a response ...

that is not the tablets, and at most only a commentary you seem to imply representation of the fallacy initiated by moses and does not include inscriptions than that shown you have not interpreted to prove its relevancy.

yet another deceiver -

the fallacy all three desert religions use to subjugate rather than support the true course of self determination chosen by a&e, for their own nefarious purposes. oldschool.

This is what you asked for oh surly one.

produce the tablets etched in heaven that are the basis for the desert 10 commandments.
I believe that the tablets shown are the basis for the Egyptian Moses story. THE ONE ETCHED IN STONE.

Now why don't you produce some evidence, any evidence, of the six worded religion you keep mumbling about on every thread in the religion forum.

Screenshot 2022-01-15 23.18.57.png

And you "know" this because you have not found Him. And by ignoring all who have.
If people have actually found any gods there would be irrefutable proof not just claims by people who choose to believe in gods.

So as I have said many times I don't know if gods exist or not and knowing is a precursor for belief in my book. And even if there was that proof I would not worship any gods.

The only thing that will change my stance on the subject is actual proof today not 2000 year old tales and preferably that proof would come from a source other than the religions who stand to profit from peoples' beliefs.

If people have actually found any gods there would be irrefutable proof not just claims by people who choose to believe in gods.
Proof is physical. Precisely what physical proof are you expecting to come from the spiritual realm? What non-physical proof are you wiling to accept?

So as I have said many times I don't know if gods exist or not and knowing is a precursor for belief in my book. And even if there was that proof I would not worship any gods.

The only thing that will change my stance on the subject is actual proof today not 2000 year old tales and preferably that proof would come from a source other than the religions who stand to profit from peoples' beliefs.
You will never get physical proof out of the spiritual realm. That's just as silly as waiting for a mouse to give birth to a cat. However, there are two other options. One is to seek and find God, which is in your power to do. What efforts have you made in this regard? The second is to accept the testimony of others. Yes, Biblical testimony is sometimes difficult to understand as it takes enormous study for those of us who have questions. That, too, is within your own capabilities.

Choosing neither option means being quite satisfied with one's current conclusions. Nothing wrong with that, either. Simply accept many people have chosen a road less traveled than that one of their own conclusions. Remember the quote where it is pointed out that a conclusion is the point where one stops thinking. Therefore we want to be very sure there is nothing more on which to think.

Proof is physical. Precisely what physical proof are you expecting to come from the spiritual realm? What non-physical proof are you wiling to accept?
If there is an omnipotent immortal god manifesting physical proof of its existence should be easy.

The god in the bible regularly intervened in the physical world or so it is said.

You will never get physical proof out of the spiritual realm. That's just as silly as waiting for a mouse to give birth to a cat. However, there are two other options. One is to seek and find God, which is in your power to do. What efforts have you made in this regard? The second is to accept the testimony of others. Yes, Biblical testimony is sometimes difficult to understand as it takes enormous study for those of us who have questions. That, too, is within your own capabilities.

Choosing neither option means being quite satisfied with one's current conclusions. Nothing wrong with that, either. Simply accept many people have chosen a road less traveled than that one of their own conclusions. Remember the quote where it is pointed out that a conclusion is the point where one stops thinking. Therefore we want to be very sure there is nothing more on which to think.
Manifesting in the physical world should be child's play for an all powerful being.

And I have no problem with anyone's chosen path. I make no attempt to influence anyone else's opinions on gods and religion.

I simply do not think it matters if gods exist or not. I see no need to worship any entities be they spiritual or physical. And I really don't go for that whole duality of spirit and physical worlds.

Manifesting in the physical world should be child's play for an all powerful being.
God is beyond child's play. Instead, He is working on inviting us, not to focus on His power, but on our own. We have no need to watch "child play" when we have the power to seek and find God on our own. Within us is not only the power to seek God, but to learn through the power of faith.

Forum List

Back