Disappointed in God

Actually, I believe in man made Global Warming but don't care, and in fact, it will make my snowy mountainous region warmer, so it's all good for personal reasons.
Still proving my point. For your own good, not for the sake of being evil.

really, just show the tablets you claim are etched in heaven - or you and your desert religion is a - fraud.

and no, the itinerant did not claim to be a messiah - their message was liberation theology, self determination ... the c bible was written to deceive and use their death to instill their own agenda.
That's an equivocation, dummy.

You just say anything you want and consider it true. Like I said before, I'm ok with that as long as you don't hurt anyone else.
Incorrect. God is truth. God is logic. Saying anything... such as something that is not true or something that is not logical wouldn't be worshiping God.

And like I said, you are free to pursue pleasure, fame, fortune and power but in the end you will discover that none of those things matter or will satisfy you because you were made for more.

Specifically, what has causes disappointment in God?

IMHO, so many people attribute their own misdeeds and failing to the Almighty, as if they bear no blame of fault for whatever they did or didn't do. To be sure, there are also plenty of natural disasters for which no one is to blame: earthquakes, fires, floods, etc. Perhaps we shouldn't be building houses and cities in places that are known to be frequented by natural catastrophes. Maybe in some cases, God did it, or at least didn't prevent it. Or maybe shit happens and we should all live each day to the fullest because there's no guarantee of tomorrow, even for the most innocent or righteous. Some blame God, so be it. Seems like a waste of time and energy to me.

Some blame God, so be it. Seems like a waste of time and energy to me.
To me as well. Mankind wanted a physical experience, but you are right. Some only give God notice when things are not all peaches and cream. He can help us through dark times. One thing I have noticed in a stretch of my own dark time. I hurt too much to even want God near. Sometimes we do need to be on our own.

Let's not do "ifs". My grandmother wouldn't have said something about my great-great grandmother that was not true.

Makes you think, hmmm. In Jesus' case, I always look for a natural explanation. I read one scholar who noted what seemed to be the area the Apostles were describing. On a stormy, misty day, a person could appear to be walking on water, yet were merely wading. Shrug. Could have happened that way; he could have been walking on water. Makes no difference to how I live my life by his teachings.
But it's ok for the bible to spew bs.

No he wasn't. Or maybe you can show us in the New Testament where he was the Christian Messiah.

Hint: the Christian Age hadn't come to an end in that era. Nor were Christians expecting a radical transformation of their kingdom.
The cross with Jesus on it in every christian church says so.

lIncorrect. God is truth. God is logic. Saying anything... such as something that is not true or something that is not logical wouldn't be worshiping God.

And like I said, you are free to pursue pleasure, fame, fortune and power but in the end you will discover that none of those things matter or will satisfy you because you were made for more.
So I can't enjoy some pleasure while pursuing god? Wow, that's a deal breaker, lol.

But it's ok for the bible to spew bs.
How do you know it is? I would never say Jesus did not walk on water. I merely look for more natural explanations to consider as well. My point is, Jesus walking on water; Jesus turning water into wine; Jesus raising people from the dead; Jesus multiplying loaves and fish have no value and no purpose in my own life. Those events were for people of his time, and good for them. I believe in miracles because I have experienced that myself, so I am the last person to dismiss Biblical miracles as never happening. The miracle in my own life has as little value to anyone else as those miracles have for me. Interesting, but that's all.

However...Jesus' teachings that I can apply in my own life have great value, great purpose.

There are many voices in religion forums stating they need God to show Himself before they can believe. Some tell us they have earnestly sought God.

Other voices tell us that Biblical accounts brought them not to awe and worship, but to active disdain of God.

Specifically, what has causes disappointment in God?
Some people don't understand God ... eg why is there so much pain, sin etc. in the world. My personal belief is that he put us here with free will to choose him or reject him. Our rejecting of him and his ways created the sin (and all the negative stuff that goes with that)

Some people don't understand God ... eg why is there so much pain, sin etc. in the world. My personal belief is that he put us here with free will to choose him or reject him. Our rejecting of him and his ways created the sin (and all the negative stuff that goes with that)
Well said.

Forum List

Back