Disgrace: Green Beret Who Defended Boy Against Rape in Afghanistan Loses Appeal

The USA needs to withdraw from Afghanistan.

You know Jake one of the reasons apres 9/11 I hoped that we could make a difference so I backed that war and nation building. I'd already committed myself on the human rights factor.

Actively. No different than how I rocked on fighting for other human rights issues in the ME. There was this woman. Zahra. A heroine of mine. They tortured her to death and killed her.

This woman was so beautiful and wonderful. But if you push hard enough justice can come about. It was a very long battle but worth all the tears. All the pain.

Zahra_Kazemi_before_arrest.jpg

Her name was Zahra. Zahra Kazemi.

I don't know what to say about Dancing Boys except I know about them and I tried long before I entered the USMB room to help them. I always feel I'm in a losing battle. But I'd rather be out there on the front lines trying.

Maybe we should just get out of there. My heart breaks daily. I don't think we can fix it. But surely we should not punish any service member who attempts to stop a rape in progress.
The sergent assaulted an officer of an allied force, which is a serious crimine subject to our UCMJ. The officer laughed in the faces of our soldiers, one lost it, and hit him. The officer complained up his chain of command, and our leadership caved. I think it would have discharged the sergeant if it happened under the Bush years as well, but perhaps not. We can't change their culture, and our staying there only emboldens the dark side of our allies. Let's come home. I feel for you and Zahra. The dark side of human remains cruel and awful.

Sgt. Martland speaks out...

Green Beret Discharged for Shoving Accused Afghan Rapist Speaks Out
Sep 28, 2015 | A Green Beret ordered discharged after he and his team leader body-slammed an alleged Afghan child rapist is speaking out against the Army's effort to punish him, as he fights to stay in the service. "Kicking me out of the Army is morally wrong and the entire country knows it," Sgt. 1st Class Charles Martland said, in his first public statement on his case.
The detailed written statement, requested by Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., was shared by the congressman's office with FoxNews.com. Hunter, who has advocated on Martland's behalf, intends to submit the statement to the House Armed Services Committee. Martland's case has received renewed attention amid recent press reports on the U.S. military's handling of child abuse allegations involving Afghan allies. In his statement, Martland gives a blunt account of the September 2011 encounter with the "brutal child rapist," local police commander Abdul Rahman. He acknowledges the confrontation, but suggests the commander exaggerated his injuries -- and argues that the boy's safety, as well as American lives, was at stake that day.

charles-martland-600.jpg

Sgt. 1st Class Charles Martland

Martland said the Afghan Local Police had been "committing atrocities," raising concerns that many locals viewed as "worse than the Taliban" -- and if locals returned to the Taliban, attacks against U.S. forces would increase. "While I understand that a military lawyer can say that I was legally wrong, we felt a moral obligation to act," he said. His team leader Capt. Daniel Quinn also submitted a separate statement; together, the accounts provide new -- and graphic -- details on what they say happened that day in September 2011. According to Quinn, an interpreter first came to them saying a boy claimed he was "tied to a post in Rahman's house and was raped repeatedly for 10 days to 2 weeks." When his mother tried to stop it, he said, "Rahman instructed his brother to beat her; which he did."

Martland said he and Quinn then confronted the commander after Quinn confirmed the allegations with village elders and others. He said Quinn got a "first-hand confession" but "the child rapist laughed it off and referenced that it was only a boy." That's when the confrontation turned physical. "Captain Quinn picked him up and threw him," Martland said. "I [proceeded to] body slam him multiple times." Martland continued: "I kicked him once in his ribcage after one of the body slams. I put my foot on his neck and yelled at him after one body slam, but did not kick or punch him in the face. I continued to body slam him and throw him for 50 meters until he was outside the camp." Quinn said, "I physically threw him through our front gate and off our camp." Martland, though, disputed allegations the confrontation was more severe. "He was never knocked out, and he ran away from our camp. It did not last longer than 5 minutes. The child rapist's allegations against us are ridiculous," he said.

More Green Beret Discharged for Shoving Accused Afghan Rapist Speaks Out | Military.com

You bet its wrong.

Unless the man was ordered to ignore everything and went against a lawful order then no way should he be kicked out of the military.

From what I've read they were advised to look the other way and ignore what the Afghani's were doing.

This man is a 1st Sgt. in the Green Beret's, Special Forces. He deserved better treatment than that.

He laid hands on the officer, "roughed him up", meaning he pushed and possibly punched him.

That is a dischargable offense; in times of war, he could be shot.

Nonetheless, the Army made the wrong call.

Funny how we point fingers at other countries and cultures.

When here in America homos are allowed to adopt little boys in order to molest them. ....... :evil:

Funny how we point fingers at other countries and cultures.

When here in America homos are allowed to adopt little boys in order to molest them. ....... :evil:

---
Are you defending Muslims raping boys & killing girls?
ANY victim of brutality, esp innocent children, should be defended against the abusers anywhere in the world.
No hesitation or excuses.

I've been on this for the longest time. The Pentagon is trying to claim that the Dancing Boys are a cultural issue. It's not.

Straight out it is a sex slave trade. Little boys raped continually by Afghanistans with wealth or power or both.

That we condone this by looking the other way makes me want to bazooka barf.
Bazooka barf?

As in blowing bubbles?

No, I am in no way defending the alleged rape of young boys in Afghanistan.

I just find it odd that people here get all worked up over the issue in foreign lands.

Yet allow homos to legally adopt boys in the U.S. knowing the horrendous fate that awaits them. ....... :evil:

He laid hands on the officer, "roughed him up", meaning he pushed and possibly punched him.

An officer not in the US Army. Who's a pig to boot.

No way should a special ops soldier be kicked out for laying hands on that pig.

The U.S. soldier broke the law and was punished.

I fail to see the problem? ...... :dunno:

An officer not in the US Army. Who's a pig to boot.

No way should a special ops soldier be kicked out for laying hands on that pig.
I agree. The officer was lucky he was not shot on the spot. But the UCMJ is the military law.

Isn't the world upside down when American soldiers are nuked for stopping someone raping a child?

Ok. Chaining child to a desk and raping him is okey dokey.

Stopping this act is punishable?

I can't wrap my head around this. And I'm bloody glad I can't! Because to accept this beyond immoral. It's beyond humane.

Welcome to the Obama regimes Military. they done more to bring down moral and bring us down to almost where can't defend ourselves.

Welcome to the Obama regimes Military. they done more to bring down moral and bring us down to almost where can't defend ourselves.

This screams ENDORSED PEDOPHILIA. This is a level of government sanctioned depravity.

Unreal. Just freaking unreal Steph.

The other part of this unreal nightmare story is that not only did the son of a bitch fudgepacker of a 12 year old boy repeatedly rape him but he beat the crap out of his poor mother who was trying to get help to stop the rape of her son.

And we do what?

We respond by disgracing a Green Beret?

This screams ENDORSED PEDOPHILIA. This is a level of government sanctioned depravity.

Unreal. Just freaking unreal Steph.

and then they want us to being these people into OUR COUNTRY

Hell's bells Steph I can see NAMBLA converting now.

It's "cultural" and all that. I don't know whether to laugh or cry that this has gone down.

What has been going on in Afghanistan has been going on for a thousand years or more. This is the problem with ignorant people "going to war" without knowing anything about the area or it's people or culture. Remember Bush and "they hate us for our freedom"?

Did you hear that SOB? They hate our democratic government. Do those fuckers in Afghanistan even know what that means???? Of course not. Republicans think education is for snobs and it's just propaganda by liberal professors. Well, if we had listened to those liberal professors and not tards like Bush, the Middle East would never have been destabilized.

Forum List

Back