Disney Has Lost $50 Billion So Far

Hey bitchtits.

Still pretending to be a guy I see.

BIG loss for Walt Disney Co's ABC/ESPN with Kirk Herbstreit out of 2022 NFL Draft coverage. Herbie was instrumental in creating alternative college-first version of NFL Draft. That helped Disney win back broadcast coverage from an invading Fox Sports.

I have no control over your homo-erotic fantasies. Embrace them, they're all yours.
So, you're still pretending you're a man, then.

Yet you squat to piss.

bd80a68824bdff02ac72064782eb361e_500x0.jpg

So, you're still pretending you're a man, then.

Yet you squat to piss.

bd80a68824bdff02ac72064782eb361e_500x0.jpg

That's quite the perverted fantasy life you lead. You should seek professional help before it gets any worse.

And you don't think that this is chilling?

Whatever you think of the law, a corporation opposed it. And the government is punishing them for that. Think about it. First it's a large corporation, then it's a rich person, a group of people, down to individuals.

A government punishing people for opposing their laws is plenty scary.
Why is it scary? When you break the law, do you think it's strange to get punished? Disney had a sweetheart deal with Florida and tried to bully the Florida lawmakers and got their nose bloodied. They made a stupid move. If that scares you, then I suggest that you tell them to do the right thing when you don't like a law. Work to elect people to change it instead of trying to bully.

Prior to this Disney paid for everything in the town in which they have their business. From road maintenance to public works. Now the city will have to pay for it. And if the city can't the state will have to pay for it.

So you, too, think that Floridians should sell their children to keep their taxes down? Disney is Baba Yaga incarnate - stealing children but leaving a paved road in payment.

And you don't think that this is chilling?

Whatever you think of the law, a corporation opposed it. And the government is punishing them for that. Think about it. First it's a large corporation, then it's a rich person, a group of people, down to individuals.

A government punishing people for opposing their laws is plenty scary.

Disney is not being taxed, regulated, or in any other way, differently from any other company in Florida - well, at least now they're not. How is that wrong?

When they use the power of their special privilege to interfere in government then their special privilege must be stripped. They're completely allowed to interfere in government but they need to do it on a level playing field with all other corporations or companies who want to interfere in government.

You know, my portfolio would make you cry.

It was mentioned that investors can sue if they lose money. But the possibility of losing money is the very risk one takes when one chooses to invest. I've been an active investor for over 40 years. Tell your bullshit walkin', punk...
No, your portfolio wouldn't impress me a bit. Your posts already show you don't know a thing about how to find good investments. Your portfolio, no doubt, consists of exactly what Vanguard spends your employers donations on.

And then there's another lie. Wow. You're batting 1000 on the lies in this thread. It was NOT mentioned that investors can sue if they lose money.

It was mentioned that the board and management have a fiduciary obligation to the shareholders and not to homosexual employees. If the management does things that harms the value of the shareholders investment in the company, clearly ignoring the interests of the shareholders, then they can, and should, be sued.

It’s tragic that such people were allowed to take over the once great company that was established to entertain children.

I don’t know whether it was Trump or what, but some catalyst occurred to make all of these sexual deviants come out of the closet and expose themselves. And Americans are taking names.

Disney’s stock has lost nearly $50 billion in value since the start of March, when it took a political gamble to oppose Florida’s controversial new education law.

Disney’s stock was down more than 2% on Friday and by more than 8.5% over the past few days as Florida lawmakers work to punish the company for wading into the state’s politics. The stock’s market cap has declined by about $46.6 billion since March 1, just days before the company came out against the legislation.

I agree with most of that.

But Disney was not begun to entertain children.
Disney was begun to make money.
If they could have made more money standing on their heads for an hour a day - they would have done that.

Never assume that corporations have holier-then-thou morals...they do not.

They are neither as bad nor as good as the masses seem to think.
They just exist to make LOTS of money.

And there is generally, NOTHING wrong with that.

So you, too, think that Floridians should sell their children to keep their taxes down? Disney is Baba Yaga incarnate - stealing children but leaving a paved road in payment.

I said nothing of the kind. Those who traffic in, molest, or abuse children should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Absolutely. Disney can support anything legal that they want to support. But there are consequences to what people say in public, even if you're the CEO of Disney.
Whaaaat? So now magaturds are saying free speech has... Consequences? Holy fuck!

You magaturd hypocrites are just so funny. :auiqs.jpg:

Wow. Another lie. The bill does require that the schools not teach children about homosexuality and transgenderism. But if no one was doing it anyway, why are you and the other homosexuals and cross dressers so bent out of shape over the bill?
Exactly

You guys are really after the Mouse. I'd take my kids there again if they were small. They ain't the great Satan, though your cancel culture is doing an excellent marketing job.

Yeah, "cancel culture". Riiiiiight. They alienated their own customer base, but "cancel culture" is to blame. We'll get right on feeling guilty because the party of "lose your job for using the wrong pronouns" demands that we do so. Any minute now, it's sure to happen.

I agree with most of that.

But Disney was not begun to entertain children.
Disney was begun to make money.
If they could have made more money standing on their heads for an hour a day - they would have done that.

Never assume that corporations have holier-then-thou morals...they do not.

They are neither as bad nor as good as the masses seem to think.
They just exist to make LOTS of money.

And there is generally, NOTHING wrong with that.

That's not entirely true.

Disney was started to make money . . . by entertaining children. And no, Walt Disney was not just about making money however he could get his hands on it. He was actually pretty specific about what he wanted to do to be successful. He wasn't just about grasping as much money as possible by whatever means.

The Disney corporation has become very acquisitional, which I have no problem with in theory. However, they have always carefully maintained a public image for the Disney name, and they lost sight of what that public image entails, and who their primary customers are.

I don't necessarily expect corporate morality, but I do expect good business sense. Alienating your customer base is not good business sense.

Forum List

Back