Distinct Differences: Tea Party | Independents | Conservatives | Republicans

Procrustes Stretched

Dante's Manifesto
Dec 1, 2008

Having a thread about Rightwing Reactionaries misread by some, I wonder: why do some people, especially those on the right, have such a difficult time recognizing there are distinct differences between the labels?

Could it be that those who are rightwing reactionaries need to ignore the differences in order to distort the right wing's numbers and the actual support they have in the real world? Could it also be some need them to be larger than they actually are in order to justify attacking them as enemies and not opponents?

Last edited by a moderator:

Having a thread about Rightwing Reactionaries misread by some, I wonder: why do some people, especially those on the right, have such a difficult time recognizing there are distinct differences between the labels?

Could it be that those who are rightwing reactionaries need to ignore the differences in order to distort the right wing's numbers and the actual support they have in the real world? Could it also be some need them to be larger than they actually are in order to justify attacking them as enemies and not opponents?

Tea Party | Independents | Conservatives | Republicans = Distinctive Losers in 2014 and 2016

what are reactionaries?

"Reactionary" is the opposite of "radical".

It refers to those who desire to return to a previous state of society.

Radical reactionaries?

Reactionary radicals?

I should have said "radicalism".

I'm using the term in a different sense than it's normally used - "radicalism" as in pushing for radical change, rather than to mean "at the end of the spectrum".

There are "radical reactionaries" - people who are at the far end of the reactionary spectrum - but that is the second above context, not the first.

"Reactionary" is the opposite of "radical".

It refers to those who desire to return to a previous state of society.

Radical reactionaries?

Reactionary radicals?

I should have said "radicalism".

I'm using the term in a different sense than it's normally used - "radicalism" as in pushing for radical change, rather than to mean "at the end of the spectrum".

There are "radical reactionaries" - people who are at the far end of the reactionary spectrum - but that is the second above context, not the first.

:clap2: distinctions with a difference :clap2:

I suppose that part of it is because of some of the extremist liberals try and pretend/portray that the extremist right wing is representative of all conservative or right wing thought. See Chris and rdean for an example of this type of behavior.

[MENTION=16165]alan1[/MENTION]

I suppose that part of it is because of some of the extremist liberals try and pretend/portray that the extremist right wing is representative of all conservative or right wing thought. See Chris and rdean for an example of this type of behavior.

Yet from what I've observed through the years is leftists mostly marginalize themselves: think of Dennis Kucinich and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. What percentage of the primary vote do tbose people get in presidential primaries and then ask what influence they actually have in the Congress as opposed to the culture and media.

Now compare them to the Tea Party politicians. Did the left get Speaker Peloso to hold hearings on prosecuting Bush officials for war crimes and whatever nomsense they were spouting on about?

:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
We just need the left to rule. Everything will be free and unicorns will roam.

Not too bright or swift, eh? We see where you were here before Dante landed a starring role in Drama @ Midnight @USMB. Dante was despised by the left as a neocon or worse, and he was just despised by the right because he is, Dante

I missed that compelling episode. But, back to your distinctions as you err on the side of complacency in your fervor to disassociate/contrast our worthless parties. Explain how I would be wrong....even though sarcasm was thrown in to illustrate a point.

We just need the left to rule. Everything will be free and unicorns will roam.

Not too bright or swift, eh? We see where you were here before Dante landed a starring role in Drama @ Midnight @USMB. Dante was despised by the left as a neocon or worse, and he was just despised by the right because he is, Dante

I missed that compelling episode. But, back to your distinctions as you err on the side of complacency in your fervor to disassociate/contrast our worthless parties. Explain how I would be wrong....even though sarcasm was thrown in to illustrate a point.

Unicorns exist. I've collected them in the past. Used in Christian symbolism they appear more real than the holy spirit.

See?

:eusa_angel:

Yet from what I've observed through the years is leftists mostly marginalize themselves: think of Dennis Kucinich and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. What percentage of the primary vote do tbose people get in presidential primaries and then ask what influence they actually have in the Congress as opposed to the culture and media.

Now compare them to the Tea Party politicians. Did the left get Speaker Peloso to hold hearings on prosecuting Bush officials for war crimes and whatever nomsense they were spouting on about?

[MENTION=15512]Dante[/MENTION]
Wow, you switched from threads and members at USMB to public figures. I was addressing your OP, not what you wanted to change it into. My bad.

Wow, you switched from threads and members at USMB to public figures. I was addressing your OP, not what you wanted to change it into. My bad.

The thread referred to was not specifically about members or usmb in general.

This thread (edited)uses/used examples of members as representative of ...?

Putting up representatives of leftist ideology was to seek balance of rightwingers....and all is lost...I was seeing more than one thread. Lol

Last edited:

Now how did that address rightwingers blurring the lines?

Forum List

Back