Djokovic at 18 slams !!

We all hate him and he is a giant dbag
No doubt he has had the best career of all time !
His career goals has surpassed everyone

I would say peek Federer ( 2003-9)was the highest level of all time

Nadal had the greatest record of all time with 14 FO

Djokovic has quietly created an inconvenient resume for those of us who like to rank people.

I struggle with GOAT discussions, as different eras are at times incompatible. How would Emerson and Laver in the 60's match up with Borg, McEnroe, Connors, Wilander, etc. in the 70's/80's... or against Sampras, Agassi, Courier, Edberg and Rafter in the 90's.. or Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Hewitt, etc. in the 2000's/2010's.

Where does Djokovic fit?

Sometimes the numbers become so shocking. I mean, based on their play and impact, I have the knee-jerk intuition to say that Djokovic and Agassi are similar. However, Djokovic has lapped Agassi and then some. Is it not fair to Djok? Is being compared to Agassi, seen as one of the best, an insult?
As a tennis fan ..Djokovic is the goat

... so says you.

There's really only one sport I can think of where the Greatest of All Time is very difficult to be disputed, and that's Hockey with Wayne Gretzky.
It is debated there, especially in the serious hockey culture. Mario was a similar talent as Gretzky, but 6’4” and 220. Orr was revolutionary.

6 titles and had skills nobody has ever had

A. If Titles is your measuring stick, Bill Russell had 11, so it's an odd choice to select someone with so few in comparison

B. "Skills nobody has ever had" is quite the vague statement. What did MJ have that nobody else had? He wasn't in the conversation for being the best ball handler or shooter of his generation, he was an elite defender but no different than other elite defenders of the time. Jordan was a volume scorer, meaning he had to shoot a lot to score a lot. Jordan's athleticism and training were unmatched for his time, but if you brought him into the modern game, he'd have to face other players like him, not stumpy white guys like Jeff Hornacek or Craig Ehlo. Jordan is an all-time great, on the short list of the greatest we've ever seen, but he in no way stands out objectively. I've noticed that the millenial and Gen X'ers, which I'm a part of, who were brought up during the MJ propaganda years of ESPN and Nike often make such gigantic claims with absolutely no reason as to why. Jordan deserves most of his hype, but this mythical notion that he'd make any shot or do anything that a Lebron couldn't do is just silly, and a sports religion.
Bill R era you had only a few teams and the talent pool was limited

Forum List

Back