🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do athletes make too much???

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I saw a poll the other day asking "Do CEOs make too much" and that made me ask why the question was made in the first place.. in light of the following:

1. Tiger Woods, $75 Million
2. Kobe Bryant, $53 Million
3. LeBron James, $48 Million
4. Roger Federer, $47 Million
5. Phil Mickelson, $46.5 Million
6. David Beckham, $40 Million
7. Cristiano Ronaldo, $38 Million
8. Alex Rodriguez, $35 Million
9. Michael Schumacher, $34 Million
10. Lionel Messi, $32.3 Million
World?s 10 Highest Paid Athletes | Breaking News for Black America

Now the popular cliched meme is corporations make too much profit... complainers obviously don't have 401ks!
Or that the CEOs make 400 times what their workers make.. complainers usually forget to ask how many CEOs there are versus how many workers!

So how about the above 10 athletes that GET all their money from either ticket prices or from being shills for advertisers and endorsements.. all based on making money off the "poor" middle class!!

A pro athlete has a much higher skill level than a CEO.

A pro athlete would not be making that kind of money without a skilled CEO to run the franchise.

Yup. A skilled CEO who makes money for the franchise.

As for the money pro athletes make? Hell. I think baseball and football players make out pretty damned good for playing kids games.

Of course I'm a capitalist down to my toenails so good for em.

As long as someone want to pay those ridiculous sums they are gonna take em.

I saw a poll the other day asking "Do CEOs make too much" and that made me ask why the question was made in the first place.. in light of the following:

Now the popular cliched meme is corporations make too much profit... complainers obviously don't have 401ks!
Or that the CEOs make 400 times what their workers make.. complainers usually forget to ask how many CEOs there are versus how many workers!

So how about the above 10 athletes that GET all their money from either ticket prices or from being shills for advertisers and endorsements.. all based on making money off the "poor" middle class!!

I thought that it was nobodies business what other people make?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
It doesn't matter.

If people are stupid enough to pay the prices that allow those salaries then good for the athletes.

It doesn't matter.

If people are stupid enough to pay the prices that allow those salaries then good for the athletes.

The expansion of TV contracts is what has allowed the salaries to increase to such levels. Ticket prices are an important part of it, but the TV money is the engine that makes a guy hitting at the mendoza line rake in $1M a year.

The market sets wages according to the market demand for their services. Only government can cause someone to earn "too much" and it's because only they can redistribute money using the force of guns.

If a CEO makes too much, the price of their products is too high and they lose money. If I don't want to pay what it takes to see an athlete, I don't pay to see him. That other people do doesn't mean he's overpaid.

It doesn't matter.

The expansion of TV contracts is what has allowed the salaries to increase to such levels. Ticket prices are an important part of it, but the TV money is the engine that makes a guy hitting at the mendoza line rake in $1M a year.

You might be right.

I have to say that I never watch sports on the idiot box and I certainly don't buy any pro team merchandise. IMO there is not too much that is sadder than some 40 plus guy wearing a Tom Brady Jersey.

It doesn't matter.

You might be right.

I have to say that I never watch sports on the idiot box and I certainly don't buy any pro team merchandise. IMO there is not too much that is sadder than some 40 plus guy wearing a Tom Brady Jersey.

Boo. Of all people, you had to pick a Wolverine???

You might be right.

Boo. Of all people, you had to pick a Wolverine???

I live in New England.

The sad sight of a fat old guy wearing a Patriots jersey is all too common.

It doesn't matter.

You might be right.

lol.....i hear ya.....

Athletes are entertainers and are paid based on how many fannies they can get into the seats. They ARE the product. They ARE what people pay to see.

A CEO is like the manager of a baseball team. They serve a valuable purpose but are not the sole reason a company makes profit. In your example, a manager would be paid $100 million a year while the players would make $40,000.

That is the disparity between workers and senior executives in industry

Athletes are entertainers and are paid based on how many fannies they can get into the seats. They ARE the product. They ARE what people pay to see.

A CEO is like the manager of a baseball team. They serve a valuable purpose but are not the sole reason a company makes profit. In your example, a manager would be paid $100 million a year while the players would make $40,000.

That is the disparity between workers and senior executives in industry

Every athlete is a private contractor.

Comparing them to employees is sketchy at best.

Forum List

Back