🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do athletes make too much???

I saw a poll the other day asking "Do CEOs make too much" and that made me ask why the question was made in the first place.. in light of the following:

1. Tiger Woods, $75 Million
2. Kobe Bryant, $53 Million
3. LeBron James, $48 Million
4. Roger Federer, $47 Million
5. Phil Mickelson, $46.5 Million
6. David Beckham, $40 Million
7. Cristiano Ronaldo, $38 Million
8. Alex Rodriguez, $35 Million
9. Michael Schumacher, $34 Million
10. Lionel Messi, $32.3 Million
World?s 10 Highest Paid Athletes | Breaking News for Black America

Now the popular cliched meme is corporations make too much profit... complainers obviously don't have 401ks!
Or that the CEOs make 400 times what their workers make.. complainers usually forget to ask how many CEOs there are versus how many workers!

So how about the above 10 athletes that GET all their money from either ticket prices or from being shills for advertisers and endorsements.. all based on making money off the "poor" middle class!!

No, they do not make too much. They make what the market is willing to pay. If/when it reaches the point the patrons can no longer afford the prices to attend these events then attendance will drop and the organizations will have to cut back on athletes' salaries.

patrons can't afford them. only corprations can. most of the seats and boxes, especially the good ones are owned by companies

A corporation is a patron. Don't get stupid on me.

" People pay to see winners "...

I think that this statement actually drives right to the heart of the matter.

Though Professional atheletes are not necessarily the model citizens we would like them to be they are indeed examples of what hard work and dedication can produce.

I imagine that if all people applied themselves with the same effiort to whatever they are doiong in this life we would see amazing things.

JO

I thnk that people forget that atheletes also pay what may be the highest per capita tax rate in the nation.

A pro athlete has a much higher skill level than a CEO.

Horseshit.

Furthermore, his skill level isn't 1000 times greater than the skill level of many amateurs who make nothing. Isn't that the argument that turds like you like to use?

Furthermore, the taxpayers pay for the stadium he plays in and thereby subsidize his salary. There's no excuse for taxpayer subsidies to millionaire athletes.

Last edited:
A pro athlete has a much higher skill level than a CEO.

Horseshit.

Furthermore, his skill level isn't 1000 times greater than the skill level of many amateurs who make nothing. Isn't that the argument that turds like you like to use?

Furthermore, the taxpayers pay for the stadium he plays in and thereby subsidize his salary. There's no excuse for taxpayer subsidies to millionaire athletes.

This much is very true. The left usually does not attack athletes and actors because they tend to be left themselves but they are no different than the companies that get taxpayer subsidies. It should all be stopped. If you think that the stadium and team is worth the expenditure, send a fucking check in yourself.

I'm sick of this shit...

If someone is willing to pay you what you ask for, more power to you. You're not being paid too much.

When cable subscriptions drop, you'll see great downward wage pressures for television entertainters and athletes. Their salaries were inflated by cable television contracts; as those begin to diminish in value, so will the wages of entertainers.

Broadband and media streaming is rapidly replacing the over-priced cable subscriptions. Everyone hates cable--largely due to the upward spiralling costs associated with supporting those outrageous salaries.

I'm sick of this shit...

If someone is willing to pay you what you ask for, more power to you. You're not being paid too much.

Unless you're a public worker.

Or in a union.

Government employee and union wages are not voluntarily agreed to. They are imposed by force.

If you work for a union or the government, you can quit and go get a job that pays you better, that is, if you are worth it.

IMO both CEOs and athletes make too much money, that's unfair regarding people who have not possibilities to work in good jobs.

Forum List

Back