Do I as American citizen have the right to speak out and taunts my president?

Ronald Reagan and Gorbachev were talking and Reagan said, in our country we have freedom of speech. That means anyone can stand in front of the White House and yell "Ronald Reagan is a loser!" and nothing will happen to him.
Gorbachev said, In Russia we also have free speech. Anyone can stand in front of the Kremlin and yell "Ronald Reagan is a loser!" and nothing will happen to him either.

You can say whatever you want but there are consequences. Others are not bound by any law to like what you say, respect what you say or take actions against you.

The thing most people forget or simply choose not to acknowledge is that there are two sides to free speech and that doesn't mean I say the water is warm and you say the water is cold or I say it's hot in this room and you say it is cold or anything like that--not two sides of the story; two sides to the action.

If I were to go to my facebook page and reduce an obscenity laden tirade (I have friends on facebook who have done this) against Mr. or Ms. Obama or Mr. or Ms. Bush, my employer may see it or my professors or my friends or whomever.

This is where it gets into the two sides;

One is my message. There may be supporters of the Obamas or the Bushes who disagree with my stance and take action personally. This is their right.

The other is the obscenity. There may be supporters of the Obamas or the Bushes who disagree or agree with my stance and take action personally either punitive or they may bake me a cake. But few would respect the obscenity.

Those who disagree with Obama's policies here are fine. It's good to debate those points. Those who refuse to capitalize his name because of some moronic "code", mis-spell his name because they regard it as being clever, or question his birthplace are just being idiots and they should receive whatever ridicule they've lined up for.

If you have to resort to such gimmicks to try to make a point, you're probably on shaky ground as far as the point goes.

OMG! Is that what happened to Jon Stewart? :eek:

If Jon Stewart was nailed for speaking out against the Obama government, I wonder what they're going to do with John Oliver?

Deportation while being waterboarded all the way across the Atlantic on a very slow ship while being sent back to England?

Face it....................Obama has taken more criticism than Jr. ever thought about getting, and is doing a better job at handling it.

[ame=http://youtu.be/4CzteDucRHo]Hillary Clinton - I am Sick & Tired (Right to Protest) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back