Do We Need A 'Conversation' About Race?

It's inaccurate, not racist. I'm white and I'm honest. I don't harbor hate or fear of other races, I take people for how they are, how they interact with me. You, and others make general judgments of ALL members of society by their color, religion and/or ethnicity. It's why the right wing attracts racists, and haters of every person who is different. Your denial, and that of others like you, is only one aspect of your basic dishonesty even to yourselves.

White people aren't honest--------- you claim that is not a racist statement ?

How about "black people are stupid" ? Racist or no ?

You're not very bright, are you! Honesty or dishonesty is not congenital; skin color is.

White is a skin color----write it down--remember it---It may be Jeopardy someday.

In your defensiveness you missed the qualifier "in general" white people simply are not honest. There are white people that believe that white privilege exists.

add " in general" to it if you like-----it's clearly a racist statement and if you can't recognize it as such then converstation is pointless.
Nutz just uses this opportunity to say his silly word lot. :lol:

You must not be aware of the definition of racist if you truly believe that. What is racist about saying whites are generally dishonest about white privilege?

In your defensiveness you missed the qualifier "in general" white people simply are not honest. There are white people that believe that white privilege exists.

add " in general" to it if you like-----it's clearly a racist statement and if you can't recognize it as such then converstation is pointless.

He qualified it with in general. Not to mention, that would be the start of an honest conversation instead of YOU pointing your stinky little finger and screaming racism.

He confided to you that he believes that, in general, white people aren't honest when discussing race. Nothing racist about that compared to your side making statements like all blacks are stupid, on welfare and criminals.

:lol:

You must not be aware of the definition of racist if you truly believe that. What is racist about saying whites are generally dishonest about white privilege?

nice try-----change the statement---How dumb do you think people are ?:lol:

Teaperism...agree with them or you are a racist!

You must not be aware of the definition of racist if you truly believe that. What is racist about saying in general white people simply are not honest?

Teaperism...agree with them or you are a racist!

LMAO----it's just keeps coming folks :lmao::lmao::lmao:

You must not be aware of the definition of racist if you truly believe that. What is racist about saying in general white people simply are not honest?

Really ??
You don't know this one ???

Really ??

Since you like to play semantics lets post my comment. Now either you cant read well or you are just playing games.

The problem with discussing race is that in general white people simply are not honest and like to pretend they know whats best for you. If you cant even admit to the concept of white privilege then how are you going to discuss race as a problem? If you cant handle the problems in your own communities how are you going to assume you can tell me what to do in mine?

Did you notice all the references to the issue of race?

Really ??

Since you like to play semantics lets post my comment. Now either you cant read well or you are just playing games.

The problem with discussing race is that in general white people simply are not honest and like to pretend they know whats best for you. If you cant even admit to the concept of white privilege then how are you going to discuss race as a problem? If you cant handle the problems in your own communities how are you going to assume you can tell me what to do in mine?

I read it again just for you and the statement is clearly demeaning to white people by claiming they ( white people ) are generally dishonest. Clearly racist. Case dismissed.

LOL which white person invented the term white to use for Caucasians ?

Christoph Meiners....:cool:

You got it backwards bro

The term "Caucasian race" was coined by the German philosopher Christoph Meiners

You have it backwards. Meiners used the term "white" to describe the palest of Caucasian Europeans and "dirty whites" to describe darker Europeans.

However, if that is not sufficient Johann Blumenbach wrote a book called "On the Natural Variety of Mankind". He uses the term quite liberally in the book. BTW he was a white guy.

Last edited:
Really ??

I read it again just for you and the statement is clearly demeaning to white people by claiming they ( white people ) are generally dishonest. Clearly racist. Case dismissed.

Dont be butthurt. Thats clearly not racist.

So, the instructor says, go ahead, take a cookie....they're delicious. Just try one...go ahead. So you reach out to pinch just one little cookie from the pile and as you do, BAM! He slaps your hand!

And that, friends, is the state of the 'conversation' about race in America today.

The racist AG Holder claims that Americans are too cowardly to bring the subject to the floor... but as soon as one attempts it, takes the bait, Holder slaps your hand with "Holder sees 'racial animus' in opposition"
Holder sees 'racial animus' in opposition | TheHill

Which brings me to John McWhorter. "John Hamilton McWhorter V (born 1965) is an American linguist and political commentator. He is the author of a number of books on language and on race relations."
John McWhorter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1. In his usual well-considered prose, McWhorter discusses the difficult subject as "in fact, indicative of a certain psychic roadblock in enlightened black thought of late.

2. Theodore R. Johnson III, writing on NPR’s blog to tell us that when we hear an ice cream truck play “Turkey in the Straw,” we must understand that the tune has racist origins..... because ice cream parlors played minstrel songs in the nineteenth century, people in the 1920s and 1930s would have associated “Turkey in the Straw” with its unsavory alternate versions. In response to Johnson, I wrote that by the time those trucks existed, people thought of the tune as simply “Turkey in the Straw,” a song about the farm. No evidence exists that ice cream parlors were ever sites uniquely associated with racist music.

3. ... it is here that we encounter the psychic roadblock I referred to above. For Johnson, the main thing is that somehow, some way, we must “acknowledge” the racist history of that ice cream jingle—even if it requires bending over backward regarding the facts.

4. It’s revealing that Johnson is so deeply committed to showing that there is something racist about ice cream jingles—it tips us off that Johnson is ultimately talking about something much bigger than ice cream. His intent becomes clear in his final observation—that ice cream trucks have played other tunes with minstrel histories, such as the Stephen Foster chestnuts “Oh, Susanna” and “Camptown Races.”

5. No doubt, those tunes were racist in their original incarnations, with their dusting of “Negro” dialect and more (some of the lyrics to “Oh Susanna,” now unsung, show how sick America was at the time). But those songs were written back in the Gilded Age. As time passed, they seeped into America’s pop fabric as faceless little ditties. Almost no one learning “Camptown Races” (doo da, doo da) at camp, or while taking elementary piano lessons, has any idea that the song began as a black-oriented tune.

a. Or, think of what the expression “that sucks” really means—and note that, today, we never do.

6. But the question is how much we need to “consider,” eternally, the history of things .... Your average person is thinking about getting a popsicle or cone. Johnson wants us to stop, mid-lick, and “consider” that 130 years ago, people would have heard that tune and been as likely to associate it with its “Zip Coon” lyric as the “Turkey” one.

7. Johnson’s position is akin to Ta-Nehisi Coates’s in his Atlantic piece, “The Case for Reparations,” which was greeted with something approaching religious rapture in certain corners. Just as Johnson suggests ... Coates wants us to enlighten the person “scarfing their hot dogs on the Fourth of July while denying the facts of our heritage.” He wants an America where our racist history is not just something taught in school and commemorated in museums and Oscar-winning films and hit plays, as it currently is. To Coates, none of that is enough; America remains a country that “turns away” from acknowledging racism.

8. .... classifies critics of his first article as the sorts who “don’t get it,” who “don’t want to talk about race.” Coates seems to want America’s racist past to constitute an eternal, gnawing background awareness for all citizens,..."
The Case For Moving On by John H. McWhorter, City Journal 11 July 2014

McWhorter is warning us about individuals who wear their skin color as though it is a suppurating wound that never gets better, and never will.....yet the closest they've come to oppression is picking cotton out of an aspirin bottle.

McWhorter is a wise man....far wiser than the Holder's who aim to keep a wedge between the people of this nation.

So, if we are supposed to move on, which seems like a pretty reasonable idea, why did you start the thread?

That's not moving on. That's bitching and trying your hardest to pick a fight over Eric Holder.

So, what's it gonna be, PC?

By starting this thread, you are propagating the very thing to claim to be against.

Ahhhh, Right-Wing Intelligence, a thing to behold...

Forum List

Back