Do We Need A 'Conversation' About Race?

The malevolent forces are the forces that prevent honest discussions.

Get back to McWhorter's point:

Why have said discussion?

The demand for same is from the Democrats/Liberals/Progressives....the Left.

Yet is nothing but hot air.

Have you seen the record of those cities that they run?

Think Detroit.

If you like, I can give you a list of black politicians that the Democrats/Liberals/Progressives have pushed to the back of the bus.

So what exactly do you want to discuss. Are you just going to jump around and have no real topic?

So....after all of your posts, you now claim that you don't know what the topic is?

Laminate this for you wallet: reality is defined by actions, not by words....'conversations.'

Get back to McWhorter's point:

Why have said discussion?

The demand for same is from the Democrats/Liberals/Progressives....the Left.

Yet is nothing but hot air.

Have you seen the record of those cities that they run?

Think Detroit.

If you like, I can give you a list of black politicians that the Democrats/Liberals/Progressives have pushed to the back of the bus.

So what exactly do you want to discuss. Are you just going to jump around and have no real topic?

So....after all of your posts, you now claim that you don't know what the topic is?

Laminate this for you wallet: reality is defined by actions, not by words....'conversations.'

Then stick to just one!

Laminate for your purse, conversations create action.

The problem with discussing race is that in general white people simply are not honest and like to pretend they know whats best for you. If you cant even admit to the concept of white privilege then how are you going to discuss race as a problem? If you cant handle the problems in your own communities how are you going to assume you can tell me what to do in mine?

Right of the bat you're going to blame whitey. That ends the discussion quickly. ty for playing.

See what I mean? Right away whitey gets defensive.

Immediately. Soon, there will be an outright attack on the evil black man. We already passed the point of personal insults and Teaper logic.

McWhorter is warning us about individuals who wear their skin color as though it is a suppurating wound that never gets better, and never will

Whites will not be honest---case closed---no discussion about race is possible.

Right of the bat you're going to blame whitey. That ends the discussion quickly. ty for playing.

His/her comment and judgment seems spot on, especially given your response. His/her opinion expressed is honest, you may disagree, but since you simply attacked his/her post we must presume you're incapable of honest debate.

Can you honestly say you've 'walked in the shoes of others' (intellectually) and attempted to view the world through the eyes of others? Your comment suggests otherwise.

Spot on ? :lol:

white people simply are not honest

How's that for a racist statement ?

It's inaccurate, not racist. I'm white and I'm honest. I don't harbor hate or fear of other races, I take people for how they are, how they interact with me. You, and others make general judgments of ALL members of society by their color, religion and/or ethnicity. It's why the right wing attracts racists, and haters of every person who is different. Your denial, and that of others like you, is only one aspect of your basic dishonesty even to yourselves.

His/her comment and judgment seems spot on, especially given your response. His/her opinion expressed is honest, you may disagree, but since you simply attacked his/her post we must presume you're incapable of honest debate.

Can you honestly say you've 'walked in the shoes of others' (intellectually) and attempted to view the world through the eyes of others? Your comment suggests otherwise.

white people simply are not honest

It's inaccurate, not racist. I'm white and I'm honest. I don't harbor hate or fear of other races, I take people for how they are, how they interact with me. You, and others make general judgments of ALL members of society by their color, religion and/or ethnicity. It's why the right wing attracts racists, and haters of every person who is different. Your denial, and that of others like you, is only one aspect of your basic dishonesty even to yourselves.

White people aren't honest--------- you claim that is not a racist statement ?

How about "black people are stupid" ? Racist or no ?

According to your ilk, the quote is not racist. As a matter of fact, Teapers spew it all the time on this very forum.

11. "America “doesn’t want to talk about race,” we’re told—but the only reasonable interpretation of that claim, in a country that talks about race 24/7, is that, actually, America doesn’t want to talk about racism.

And then, we are also to understand that somehow a grand talk about that would result in a transformation of black America that has been elusive to the most devoted people for 50 years.

At the end of the day, this is not so much an idea as an incantation,....
.... the idea that America needs a grand conversation about race remains gestural rather than pragmatic. Linguists have a term, phatic, for utterances that only serve a social function, rather than conveying information."
The Case For Moving On by John H. McWhorter, City Journal 11 July 2014

That 'grand talk about race'.....

All hat and no cattle.

According to your ilk, the quote is not racist. As a matter of fact, Teapers spew it all the time on this very forum.

I'm not speaking for any silly ilk. I'm asking Asclepis and you.

In a constellation of stupid, self-serving posts, you may have just hit rock bottom.

You're not very bright, are you! Honesty or dishonesty is not congenital; skin color is.

In your defensiveness you missed the qualifier "in general" white people simply are not honest. There are white people that believe that white privilege exists.

Yes, because speaking about relationships is never a good thing. :doubt:

Just ignore it, it will go away. That is what you teapers would like...to be able to spew your hate without being held accountable. What nonsense.

Yes, because speaking about relationships is never a good thing. :doubt:

Just ignore it, it will go away. That is what you teapers would like...to be able to spew your hate without being held accountable. What nonsense.

trolls gotta troll

In a constellation of stupid, self-serving posts, you may have just hit rock bottom.

Whatever you say...truth be told, your ilk spew racist nonsense all of the time. Your silence when this happens is telling. You see, willful ignorance is dishonesty. That is another reason as to why your ilk cannot have an honest discussion.

In your defensiveness you missed the qualifier "in general" white people simply are not honest. There are white people that believe that white privilege exists.

add " in general" to it if you like-----it's clearly a racist statement and if you can't recognize it as such then converstation is pointless.
Nutz just uses this opportunity to say his silly word lot. :lol:

In the constellation of self serving threads, you define rock bottom. Your ego craves thanks, and anyone who question your self appointed authority is immediately attacked as stupid. If you had any insight, missing in narcissists, you might reflect on this pattern. That you don't, is telling.

Forum List

Back