Do we need an eight-year President?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
If either Biden or Trump is reelected in 2024, he will only be able to serve another four-year term as President. Given the political dysfunction that has occurred as a result of both men trying to undo the policies of their predecessors, maybe it is time to elect someone who has a reasonable chance of serving out two full terms in office. I am starting to think that both parties should nominate younger candidates for President in 2024.

If the GOP nominates Ron DeSantis next year, who should the Democrats nominate?

If either Biden or Trump is reelected in 2024, he will only be able to serve another four-year term as President. Given the political dysfunction that has occurred as a result of both men trying to undo the policies of their predecessors, maybe it is time to elect someone who has a reasonable chance of serving out two full terms in office. I am starting to think that both parties should nominate younger candidates for President in 2024.

The Democrat Party needs someone that is a perfect example of dysfunctional government.
John Fetterman or that dead guy they elected in PA.

Biden will be the DNC nominee. And given the dysfunction/split in the GOP...his winning again is looking more and more likely.

I would say, five year terms, a maximum age of 80, no limit to the number of terms a president can win.

I would say, five year terms, a maximum age of 80, no limit to the number of terms a president can win.
I think a single six year term would suffice, but the OP is about whether we need candidates in 2024 who can serve more than one four year term (if they make it that long).

I think a single six year term would suffice, but the OP is about whether we need candidates in 2024 who can serve more than one four year term (if they make it that long).
Our entire federal government needs to be overhauled and retooled for modern times. We have far too many things that are left to faith and the discretion of political hacks on both sides of the aisle. I can get next to a single six year term--the chief attraction being that since the president doesn't have to worry about re-election she or he can act apolitically. We also need to set a maximum age limit for federal officials across all three branches of the government, codify far more than is currently codified, fold the territories (Guam, USVI, Puerto Rico) into existing states, force one house of Congress to hold a floor vote on all items passed by the other house, return earmarks so that we can get back to governing, etc...

Not a bad idea for the one six year term though.

Our entire federal government needs to be overhauled and retooled for modern times. We have far too many things that are left to faith and the discretion of political hacks on both sides of the aisle. I can get next to a single six year term--the chief attraction being that since the president doesn't have to worry about re-election she or he can act apolitically. We also need to set a maximum age limit for federal officials across all three branches of the government, codify far more than is currently codified, fold the territories (Guam, USVI, Puerto Rico) into existing states, force one house of Congress to hold a floor vote on all items passed by the other house, return earmarks so that we can get back to governing, etc...

Not a bad idea for the one six year term though.

You can have Guam, PR and USVI after the split. God knows you'll need every bit of assets you can muster.

That's because you think monarchs are cool

IMO we need to put term limits on ALL elected positions.
Nothing to do with monarchs you retard. In America, which you're clueless about, the economy in the first year of a president is normally still down to the last presidents policies, so move it to 5 year terms. Then the max age should be 80, even then, that may still be too high.

No, the OP just simply states the obvious, Biden and Trump can just serve one more term if elected.

What the main problem is with the Constitution, it will only allow an American to be president, that's where it's getting more difficult to find anyone suitable.

Nothing to do with monarchs you retard. In America, which you're clueless about, the economy in the first year of a president is normally still down to the last presidents policies, so move it to 5 year terms. Then the max age should be 80, even then, that may still be too high.
Good luck trying to get a repeal of the 22nd Amendment there, pal. The entire reasoning is because of FDR.

Democrats should nominated Biden.

I know more about the US government than you do

And what you think the US should or should not do is completely fucking meaningless since you are not a citizen. Go clean up your own country before you start telling us what to do.

I know more about the US government than you do

And what you think the US should or should not do is completely fucking meaningless since you are not a citizen. Go clean up your own country before you start telling us what to do.
What's a dog?

You're not a dog, how can you have opinions of dogs of you're not a dog. Right, got your fucking bullshit out of the way, if you think you have great US government knowledge, stop coming across as thick as my kitchen worktop.

Forum List

Back