Do you believe animals have souls?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I do. Anything alive, I believe has a soul in some form or another. Life force, energy core, soul...whatever you want to call it.

Your thoughts? Do you believe animals have souls...or are souls only bestowed on humans?

I read somewhere that animals have "group souls" according to their species. :)

I do. Anything alive, I believe has a soul in some form or another. Life force, energy core, soul...whatever you want to call it.

Your thoughts? Do you believe animals have souls...or are souls only bestowed on humans?

I wouldn't say "anything alive" has a soul. But any mind sophisticated enough to maintain a concept of 'self' has a soul. I would say that most mammals have souls, to lesser and greater degrees. Self-awareness is a subtle and brilliant thing.

I believe many animals have limited minds- that is, some sense of self-awareness that allows them to experience pain and limited emotions and desires. Not nearly as developed as our own, but enough to merit consideration when it comes to humane killings and laws prohibiting animal cruelty and such.

We all develop opinions about the most speculative of matters . Regardless of facts , or , and as here , without any facts whatsoever .
Whether other people should ever be asked to discuss such opinions seriously is itself a further topic for debate .

We all develop opinions about the most speculative of matters . Regardless of facts , or , and as here , without any facts whatsoever .
Whether other people should ever be asked to discuss such opinions seriously is itself a further topic for debate .

Can you speculate what invisible entity was taking a shit in my shoes? I really need to know.

Attachments

• $images (6).jpg
    $images (6).jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 59

Can you speculate what invisible entity was taking a shit in my shoes? I really need to know.

It's'a standard calling card from a certain Jewish sect who claim to be , Jesus and Judas Corp .Lots of promises but an appalling delivery record .

I have eaten "soul" food down in the Hood with birds and animals on the menu....... fried chicken, BBQ ribs, beef tips........ :cool:

Proving once again that you're not a real muslim because they surely weren't halal. So when are you going to stop pretending to be a muslim?

I read somewhere that animals have "group souls" according to their species. :)

That probably comes from theosophy, I have read the same thing. According to the theory higher animals like mammals have individual souls, but lesser creatures like ants have a group soul which includes large numbers.

I once asked a trance medium who was purportedly allowing a spirit guide to speak through her if animals evolved to become humans. She said they did not, and animals evolve to perfection in their own right.

If any live has a soul, all life has a soul.
What do you mean by soul then? Doesn't it imply a "self"?

Good question.

Hence my " If anything has a soul..." cop out.

Until somebody shows me exactly what they mean by "soul", the question isn't really a question, its a rhetorical question demanding that I first agree that there is such a thing as a soul.

I may believe there is, but is my idea of what "soul" means exactly what the inquisitor meant?

I find it rather silly to argue about something that nobody can prove exists.

And it gets even sillier when they want to debate whether animals have something that nobody can prove exists, isn't it?

Where can such a goofy debate lead?

It leads us to where I suspect the author wanted us to go...a debate about whether a soul even exists.

And that debate is a complete waste of our time.

If any live has a soul, all life has a soul.
What do you mean by soul then? Doesn't it imply a "self"?

Good question.

Hence my " If anything has a soul..." cop out.

Until somebody shows me exactly what they mean by "soul", the question isn't really a question, its a rhetorical question demanding that I first agree that there is such a thing as a soul.

I may believe there is, but is my idea of what "soul" means exactly what the inquisitor meant?

I find it rather silly to argue about something that nobody can prove exists.

And it gets even sillier when they want to debate whether animals have something that nobody can prove exists, isn't it?

Where can such a goofy debate lead?

It leads us to where I suspect the author wanted us to go...a debate about whether a soul even exists.

And that debate is a complete waste of our time.

The debate is meaningless unless one first agrees to the premise that there is such a thing as a soul.

I don't think any other species is essentially different than ours. We have evolved to have more intelligence, opposable thumbs, and the ability to speak. That in no way suggests we have something, a soul, which lives after our physical body dies. We are no different than the other animals on this planet.

Forum List

Back