Do you believe in trickle down economics?

Do you believe in trickle down economics?

• Yes, entirely.

• No, not at all.

• Somewhat/other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Do tax breaks and bigger incomes for the wealthy benefit all of us in the end?

I have no problem with big income. People usually earn that shit. Some don't, but most do.
Tax breaks for individuals? No way.
Your boy burnout believes in trickle down economics. He supported the corporate bailout of the auto industry

Do tax breaks and bigger incomes for the wealthy benefit all of us in the end?

The theory of trickle economics is sound, however, in practice nowadays it isn't practical at all because those that get tax breaks and more money just horde it instead.

Even with the so called "bad economy" that cons keep talking about, big corporations are still doing well and have plenty of capital they save and continue to horde instead of trickling down.

Now, before cons accuse me of being a commy (which is reactionary term by them)....(I'll put this is bold and big letters too).... I'm not saying they don't have the right to do that, they do have that right. However, that blows the trickle down economic practice down the toilet when they do that.

There is no such thing as "trickle down economics". It's an entirely made up term.

Now, if you want to discuss "Supply Side" economics, let me know.

Your boy burnout believes in trickle down economics.

He supported the auto bailout. Do you think that's NOT trickle down?

It wasn't... It was stop them going out of business due to a lack of credit...

The industry paid that all back.... This was a policy to save jobs not a tax break like the Bush cuts....

The GOP are the party of trickle down economics... It is a complete hoax that was ever successfully played on Americans...

Bernie's position on the auto bailout doesn't change the fact that he doesn't believe in trickle down economics.
It shows he is a liar or he doesn't know what trickle down means.
The very basis for trickle down is giving corporations/rich money, they will earn more. Therefore, being more productive in economic activities and trade.
YOU do the math.

There is no such thing as "trickle down economics". It's an entirely made up term.

Now, if you want to discuss "Supply Side" economics, let me know.

Supply Side economics is taken as seriously in the field of economics as unicorns are in paleontology.

The industry paid that all back.... This was a policy to save jobs not a tax break like the Bush cuts....

The GOP are the party of trickle down economics... It is a complete hoax that was ever successfully played on Americans...

bullshit. The tax payers LOST 11 billion when the fed govt sold the stocks.
Shit, they employ more foreigners than Americans. And even moved plants to Mexico.
Current GM AMERICAN employment is around 75,000.
Lets be real here

Do I believe it or support it?

Yes, I believe it. Trickle down economics bottles up wealth at the top and allows just a tiny trickle to flow back down. In that, it should really be called neo-feudalism since it acts so aggressively against the sorts of middle class assumptions that were common in my youth. It works exactly as intended by creating economic stratification resembling that of a third world nation rather than a first -- the only difference being in the amount of wealth spread around rather than the manner in which it is spread.

Do I support it, though? No. The fact that we were once a middle class society is what made us great. We are no longer great because our system does not deliver the greatest good to the greatest number of people.

The industry paid that all back....

No, the auto portion of TARP lost the US Treasury over $11 billion for GM and more than $1 billion for Chrysler.

Trickle down is a stupid, Progressive misnomer for letting people keep more of what they earn.

Forum List

Back