Do you have a healthy snack?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I'm looking to expand my menu of halthy snacks. There are too many garbage snacks out there, I'm talking only natural whole foods.

I have one that I look forward to every night, simple, healthy, delicious.

A cup of frozen blueberries (usually slightly less)
A cup of almond milk (not measured, just guess)
A handful of walnuts

After thawing, blend.

I also add a scoop of my green powder (not AG1, that stuff is too pricey)

I'm looking to expand my menu of halthy snacks. There are too many garbage snacks out there, I'm talking only natural whole foods.

I have one that I look forward to every night, simple, healthy, delicious.

A cup of frozen blueberries (usually slightly less)
A cup of almond milk (not measured, just guess)
A handful of walnuts

After thawing, blend.

I also add a scoop of my green powder (not AG1, that stuff is too pricey)

Bananas, apples, blueberries, whole grain crackers low sodium, carrots, cucumbers etc.

Bananas, apples, blueberries, whole grain crackers low sodium, carrots, cucumbers etc.

I'm talking about something you prepare, versus foods in their natural state. Whole grain crackers, no matter however they are classified, are pretty much bad for you. Maybe there are some good ones out there, I don't know of any. Hyper palatable foods are best avoided.

I'm talking about something you prepare, versus foods in their natural state. Whole grain crackers, no matter however they are classified, are pretty much bad for you. Maybe there are some good ones out there, I don't know of any. Hyper palatable foods are best avoided.

Yeah, I only eat the crackers because I will go crazy if I am too strict. They are dry tasting and not very enjoyable but the texture is pleasing and I get low calorie options as they are light fillers.

For prepared dishes, really you can go with anything that is low in everything bad. If high in healthy options, that's a bonus. So low in sugar, low in calories, low in refined carbs, sodium, trans/saturated fats etc.

That's my opinion anyways, if it is just a snack.

Yeah, I only eat the crackers because I will go crazy if I am too strict. They are dry tasting and not very enjoyable but the texture is pleasing and I get low calorie options as they are light fillers.
I changed from these snacks to carrots and celery, the trick is using a small amount of dip, or some peanut butter with the celery. I love hummus and carrots, but since beans are already a staple for me I switched to other dips. You can use about any dip with them so you have to be careful with those. I'm good with just raw carrots, I get yellow and purple ones.

I changed from these snacks to carrots and celery, the trick is using a small amount of dip, or some peanut butter with the celery. I love hummus and carrots, but since beans are already a staple for me I switched to other dips. You can use about any dip with them so you have to be careful with those. I'm good with just raw carrots, I get yellow and purple ones.

Yeah I have to grab some celery more often. High in water content, low calories. The key as you suggest is the dip. This is why I like apples, bananas and blueberries, they dont require dips.

Apple a day for me, my favorite.
I'm eating an apple as I read this thread.

Organic. . . they are higher in the micro-nutrient boron, better for your joints.

1720970494072-jpeg.977049

I looooooove hummus. I really should eat more healthy snacks like veggies (I don't like celery though) with hummus or other dips.

I looooooove hummus. I really should eat more healthy snacks like veggies (I don't like celery though) with hummus or other dips.
Ditto.

Interestingly enough, there is only ONE hummus, REAL hummus, in my local store the uses olive oil, rather than lesser more, shall we say, odious oils. AND it is made by a company run by a group of Arabic Lady's in the Detroit area.

1720996557459.png

Ditto.

Interestingly enough, there is only ONE hummus, REAL hummus, in my local store the uses olive oil, rather than lesser more, shall we say, odious oils. AND it is made by a company run by a group of Arabic Lady's in the Detroit area.

View attachment 977442

Thanks for sharing that. I always just make my own... in a blender. It usually comes out really gud. 😋 But if I can buy that one, I would.

You all have complicated the eating of snacks.

Just take a good delicious honey crisp apple and bite into it. That's what I do. Now enjoy.

Forum List

Back