Do you have a problem with children and parents being detained in separate facilities?

Does them being separated bother you?

• Yes

• No

• Indifferent

Results are only viewable after voting.
First off they are not immigrants. They are illegal immigrants! Illegal immigrants think they can just bundle up children and waltz across the border. Do not detain them deport them together, quickly and build the damn wall.
Do not detain them deport them together, quickly
I have heard that is what was done until this current push to be "tough" on illegal immigration. I have nothing against securing our borders, but it looks to me as if the current Administration is using kids as pawns in this game, the same way they used the DACA people. There's nothing like preying on the powerless.

You're talking to someone who wants to make other humans to include children pay a price, they want the pain, the revenge for a perceived invasion, they want liberals and others to squeal and beg to let the families reunite.
Just existing gives no one any rights, illegal is illegal no matter the fucked up little face you choose to represent fucked up political correctness

These are not the criminals you are looking for.
5b243a262200003000eeba05.jpeg

JOHN MOORE VIA GETTY IMAGES
A 2-year-old Honduran asylum seeker cries as her mother is searched and detained Tuesday near the border in McAllen, Texas.
Yep, they are. Those are the ones we’re looking for.

Nope, they are doing it the right way, presenting themselves to border patrol. Why can't you people at least live in reality? Just say you don't want any immigration (from our southern border), some of you are honest about that.
Happy, are you SURE the people being arrested weren't caught and THEN said the magic word "asylum?" That's what I've been reading. There is no legal reason to detain an asylum seeker who presents themselves legally at the border. What most illegals are doing is asking for asylum if they're caught. It gives them more time and a better chance of being released awaiting trial, so they can disappear into the country.

Nope, they are doing it the right way, presenting themselves to border patrol. Why can't you people at least live in reality? Just say you don't want any immigration (from our southern border), some of you are honest about that.

Ok, great, we don't want any ILLEGAL immigration (from our southern border) or northern border...dumbass.

These refugees are entering legally. If you can't bother to read my post and reply to what I actually say then don't bother.
So you're saying they have papers or a green card when entering? That would be legal, but YOU make no mention of that. Just by
entering and giving themselves up does not make them legal.....in the REAL WORLD.

Green card? Since when do you need a green card to enter the country as a refugee? Papers? Those attempting to become refugees don't need paperwork, that'll come through the process of establishing them as refugees or not.

Walking up to border patrol and declaring oneself as a refugee is legal. Doesn't mean they get in, however it kicks off a legal process and no crime has been committed.
Advanced parole loophole created in the DACA program.........was killed by Trump.......say here a bit and go home for a bit with an Advanced parole Green Card..........come back..........BAM your in the door baby..........Obama and Dem stupidity....

DACA Green Card Loophole Closed By Trump, 40k Dreamers Now LPR

Trump closed a loophole that allowed DACA recipients to become U.S. citizens? For starters most Americans want DACA recipients to have a pathway to citizenship and here is your loophole example:

Marissa entered the country with her parents at 3 years old. She stayed in the U.S. and attended school all the way through high school. She decided to start working before deciding to go to college but she found out that she didn’t have a SSN or legal status.

Marissa wanted to visit her grandmother in Mexico so she decided to apply for advanced parole (Form I-131). After 90 days, she is approved and authorized to leave the country and re-enter on a travel permit.

Months later, she realized that she can apply for a green card because she re-entered the U.S. legally on a travel permit. She contacts a lawyer to confirm and applies to adjust here status. She successfully gets approved for the green card using the loophole in the law.

I have to say, I didn't have a problem with this at all. Just give them green cards now and get rid of their DACA status all together.

Ok, great, we don't want any ILLEGAL immigration (from our southern border) or northern border...dumbass.

These refugees are entering legally. If you can't bother to read my post and reply to what I actually say then don't bother.
So you're saying they have papers or a green card when entering? That would be legal, but YOU make no mention of that. Just by
entering and giving themselves up does not make them legal.....in the REAL WORLD.

Green card? Since when do you need a green card to enter the country as a refugee? Papers? Those attempting to become refugees don't need paperwork, that'll come through the process of establishing them as refugees or not.

Walking up to border patrol and declaring oneself as a refugee is legal. Doesn't mean they get in, however it kicks off a legal process and no crime has been committed.
The person is an illegal until the paperwork is accepted.

Nope.

If we are going to institute a new policy of detaining families then you need the infrastructure to do so, if you don't have it then build it.
No shit Sherlock.............tell that to your open borders reps.........tell them to get off their ass and do something other than bitch and moan.

Actually it is and has been an option. Obviously one you're not going to like and that's actually understandable. But if you don't like 'catch and release' then mayhaps the federal government should have thought about that first. Of course, they want to actively split families as a deterrent and that is the real 'crime' here.
NO..........period............it is a free pass and a Welcome mat to the United States.
Just a quick note, ever thought of using a comma instead?

Sure, as long as the families can stay together and it's not some fucked up Arpaio style tent city where the inhabitants are treated like animals left out in the hot sun.
Give me a freaking break.......the ones I showed are used by our military......look at Bob Hope Cafeteria Iraq......they are used for sports centers........they are used for churches.........they are used for corporate offices............they are virtually buildings and many corporations use them.......hardly a hot sun BS argument you just made.
Keep the families together.
Then put your money where your mouth is......and come up with solutions to the problem instead of being the problem...........Easy to whine about it when you basically just cry about it all day..............tell your reps to fund INEXPENSIVE SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEM...........No Ramada Inns......No Hiltons......but affordable solutions that our military uses every single day.........Military has about 4000 of these structures......at a initial cost of 1.5 Billion.......they contain the Generators.......the Air Conditioning and heat........barracks.........Kitchen facilities........bathroom facilities............and shower and laundry facilities........if is the most cost effective way forward.
Again..........put up or shut the fuck up.

First off they are not immigrants. They are illegal immigrants! Illegal immigrants think they can just bundle up children and waltz across the border. Do not detain them deport them together, quickly and build the damn wall.
Do not detain them deport them together, quickly
I have heard that is what was done until this current push to be "tough" on illegal immigration. I have nothing against securing our borders, but it looks to me as if the current Administration is using kids as pawns in this game, the same way they used the DACA people. There's nothing like preying on the powerless.

You're talking to someone who wants to make other humans to include children pay a price, they want the pain, the revenge for a perceived invasion, they want liberals and others to squeal and beg to let the families reunite.
Just existing gives no one any rights, illegal is illegal no matter the fucked up little face you choose to represent fucked up political correctness

Every human being in the United States is afforded at least some constitutional rights. It doesn't matter to you, you don't think of them as human anyway.

Advanced parole loophole created in the DACA program.........was killed by Trump.......say here a bit and go home for a bit with an Advanced parole Green Card..........come back..........BAM your in the door baby..........Obama and Dem stupidity....

Trump closed a loophole that allowed DACA recipients to become U.S. citizens? For starters most Americans want DACA recipients to have a pathway to citizenship and here is your loophole example:

Marissa entered the country with her parents at 3 years old. She stayed in the U.S. and attended school all the way through high school. She decided to start working before deciding to go to college but she found out that she didn’t have a SSN or legal status.

Marissa wanted to visit her grandmother in Mexico so she decided to apply for advanced parole (Form I-131). After 90 days, she is approved and authorized to leave the country and re-enter on a travel permit.

Months later, she realized that she can apply for a green card because she re-entered the U.S. legally on a travel permit. She contacts a lawyer to confirm and applies to adjust here status. She successfully gets approved for the green card using the loophole in the law.

I have to say, I didn't have a problem with this at all. Just give them green cards now and get rid of their DACA status all together.
DACA was a BS law........it's gone........it's Amnesty.........America rejected it and we rejected you.............Was done via executive order and undone via executive order...............

Secure the border...........get more judges and courts and facilities.........more border agents..............and then we'll talk about the ones here who stay here because of decades of ignoring our laws..................

These are not the criminals you are looking for.
5b243a262200003000eeba05.jpeg

JOHN MOORE VIA GETTY IMAGES
A 2-year-old Honduran asylum seeker cries as her mother is searched and detained Tuesday near the border in McAllen, Texas.

Happy, are you SURE the people being arrested weren't caught and THEN said the magic word "asylum?"

I'm sure it happens and the refugee process will sort out whether they have a real case or not. However no doubt there is an increase of refugees from Central America escaping violence, intimidation, rape and murder, it's not make believe. While illegal border crossing is still at near lows.

That's what I've been reading. There is no legal reason to detain an asylum seeker who presents themselves legally at the border. What most illegals are doing is asking for asylum if they're caught. It gives them more time and a better chance of being released awaiting trial, so they can disappear into the country.

Like I said, the process should sort it out, it's not like they get to say "hey, I'm a refugee, call me a cab", they don't just get to stroll on by.

DACA was a BS law........it's gone........it's Amnesty.........America rejected it and we rejected you.............Was done via executive order and undone via executive order...............

Secure the border...........get more judges and courts and facilities.........more border agents..............and then we'll talk about the ones here who stay here because of decades of ignoring our laws..................

Most American citizens disagree with you. That's all I can say.

No, I don't.

Those children are, in fact, lucky that their parents decided to violate the laws of this country. They will now have legal assistance from activists and -- let's be frank -- they will eventually be allowed to stay here.

If their parents had violated the immigration laws of countries closer to their homeland, those closer countries would have immediately forced them to leave (after corrupt officials had stolen their belongings and subjected some of them to "certain kinds" of abuse).

Walking up to border patrol and declaring oneself as a refugee is legal, and begins a legal process...

Most of us already know how you loons operate, find the loophole and exploit, if that doesn't work, piss and moan.

What loophole?

DACA was just some BS program Obama implemented to get around the law...dumbass.

:bsflag:

Yup, we do have freedom of speech in this country, so you can say all the stupid stuff you want.

Yup, we do have freedom of speech in this country, so you can say all the stupid stuff you want.

Although, may I add, you fricken loons don't seem to like freedom of speech either...unless it fits you're damn agenda.

YES....when it is simply for a MISDEMEANOR charge, if they do not qualify for REFUGEE status after it has been reviewed.

They should not be treated like they are being charged with a felony. like the people trying to cross the border illegally a second time, AFTER their first time and their refugee status was DENIED and they were shipped back home once before.

91% of these separations f parents from their children are for people who may be charged with a MISDEMEANOR,only 9% with a felony...

for goodness sake! We don't take children from their parents for an alleged misdemeanor charge....that's is NOT JUSTICE.

And that is not how the laws were written, Congress gave mercy for first time crossers seeking refugee status by making the illegal crossing for them a misdemeanor, and then came down hard with a felony for second time crossers who had already been given leniency/mercy and a chance to see if they did qualify for Refugee Asylum....

What Sessions is doing, is making the first time crosser and misdemeanor charge, EQUAL TO the felony charge, when Congress clearly separated the two circumstances.... sessions is DEFYING the law and the spirit of the law.

The parents shouldnt be engaging in illegal activities. Perhaps, the parents should consider how they put their children at risk before they endeavor in this illegal activity.
Hello?

they are seeking refugee status. If they do qualify, it is NOT a crime at all.

And if it is a crime, it is a misdemeanor....a misdemeanor!!! For goodness sake....NOT A FELONY.... and it used to be simply a "civil offense" like a parking ticket....

And NO, people coming here from Honduras or ElSalvador seeking refugee asylum status should NOT be separated from their kids... they are not even charged with the misdemeanor, until they have been denied the Refugee status, if they do qualify for refugee status, there is no charge at all. The kids should not be taken from their parents under those circumstances...PERIOD.
D o not feed us this horseshit. They can seek refugee status in any number of countries including Mexico before they even come to the US border..

If we are going to institute a new policy of detaining families then you need the infrastructure to do so, if you don't have it then build it.
No shit Sherlock.............tell that to your open borders reps.........tell them to get off their ass and do something other than bitch and moan.

Republicans are in charge.

Actually it is and has been an option. Obviously one you're not going to like and that's actually understandable. But if you don't like 'catch and release' then mayhaps the federal government should have thought about that first. Of course, they want to actively split families as a deterrent and that is the real 'crime' here.
NO..........period............it is a free pass and a Welcome mat to the United States.
Like I said, if you don't like 'catch and release' then work to do something about it rather than ripping families apart. Of course we know that separating kids from families is being used as a deterrent, They want to do this, it's not just an unfortunate side effect.

Sure, as long as the families can stay together and it's not some fucked up Arpaio style tent city where the inhabitants are treated like animals left out in the hot sun.
Give me a freaking break.......the ones I showed are used by our military......look at Bob Hope Cafeteria Iraq......they are used for sports centers........they are used for churches.........they are used for corporate offices............they are virtually buildings and many corporations use them.......hardly a hot sun BS argument you just made.

Not sure if you noticed, I didn't disagree with you. I said, yes, build facilities to house families as long as they are not tent cities with no A/C. I think we're in agreement, no? But this should have been sorted out first and I do not believe it requires Congress to do anything.

Then put your money where your mouth is......and come up with solutions to the problem instead of being the problem...........Easy to whine about it when you basically just cry about it all day..............tell your reps to fund INEXPENSIVE SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEM...........No Ramada Inns......No Hiltons......but affordable solutions that our military uses every single day.........Military has about 4000 of these structures......at a initial cost of 1.5 Billion.......they contain the Generators.......the Air Conditioning and heat........barracks.........Kitchen facilities........bathroom facilities............and shower and laundry facilities........if is the most cost effective way forward.

I think the President could do this on his own. Hell, they've already converted a Wal Mart into a child detention center, why not just convert these facilities to hold families?

I think you're looking for an argument whether there is need for one or not. Man, are you red faced now or what? Chill out.

I don't like it. I think it's inhumane and unnecessary in the vast majority of cases. If one of the immigrant parents has committed a serious crime, then, yes, segregate him or her from their kids. Otherwise, we need to keep parents and kids together if the parents' only crime was trying to enter America illegally to build a better life.

We have an immigration system in place.
People can apply for a work visa, student visa, or a tourist visa.
It's their own fault if they illegally cross our border.
They know that they are breaking our immigration laws.
If they did it the right way, they will not be breaking-up their own family.

Although, may I add, you fricken loons don't seem to like freedom of speech either...unless it fits you're damn agenda.

You're veering wildly off topic.

Republicans are in charge.

Like I said, if you don't like 'catch and release' then work to do something about it rather than ripping families apart. Of course we know that separating kids from families is being used as a deterrent, They want to do this, it's not just an unfortunate side effect.

Not sure if you noticed, I didn't disagree with you. I said, yes, build facilities to house families as long as they are not tent cities with no A/C. I think we're in agreement, no? But this should have been sorted out first and I do not believe it requires Congress to do anything.

I think the President could do this on his own. Hell, they've already converted a Wal Mart into a child detention center, why not just convert these facilities to hold families?

I think you're looking for an argument whether there is need for one or not. Man, are you red faced now or what? Chill out.
Because mixing children with adults is just asking for crimes against the children.

You're veering wildly off topic.

It was off topic, but very true.

Forum List

Back