Do you have a problem with children and parents being detained in separate facilities?

Does them being separated bother you?

• Yes

• No

• Indifferent

Results are only viewable after voting.
If we are going to institute a new policy of detaining families then you need the infrastructure to do so, if you don't have it then build it.
No shit Sherlock.............tell that to your open borders reps.........tell them to get off their ass and do something other than bitch and moan.

Republicans are in charge.

Actually it is and has been an option. Obviously one you're not going to like and that's actually understandable. But if you don't like 'catch and release' then mayhaps the federal government should have thought about that first. Of course, they want to actively split families as a deterrent and that is the real 'crime' here.
NO..........period............it is a free pass and a Welcome mat to the United States.
Like I said, if you don't like 'catch and release' then work to do something about it rather than ripping families apart. Of course we know that separating kids from families is being used as a deterrent, They want to do this, it's not just an unfortunate side effect.

Just a quick note, ever thought of using a comma instead?

Sure, as long as the families can stay together and it's not some fucked up Arpaio style tent city where the inhabitants are treated like animals left out in the hot sun.
Give me a freaking break.......the ones I showed are used by our military......look at Bob Hope Cafeteria Iraq......they are used for sports centers........they are used for churches.........they are used for corporate offices............they are virtually buildings and many corporations use them.......hardly a hot sun BS argument you just made.

Not sure if you noticed, I didn't disagree with you. I said, yes, build facilities to house families as long as they are not tent cities with no A/C. I think we're in agreement, no? But this should have been sorted out first and I do not believe it requires Congress to do anything.

Keep the families together.
Then put your money where your mouth is......and come up with solutions to the problem instead of being the problem...........Easy to whine about it when you basically just cry about it all day..............tell your reps to fund INEXPENSIVE SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEM...........No Ramada Inns......No Hiltons......but affordable solutions that our military uses every single day.........Military has about 4000 of these structures......at a initial cost of 1.5 Billion.......they contain the Generators.......the Air Conditioning and heat........barracks.........Kitchen facilities........bathroom facilities............and shower and laundry facilities........if is the most cost effective way forward.

I think the President could do this on his own. Hell, they've already converted a Wal Mart into a child detention center, why not just convert these facilities to hold families?

Again..........put up or shut the fuck up.

I think you're looking for an argument whether there is need for one or not. Man, are you red faced now or what? Chill out.
Because mixing children with adults is just asking for crimes against the children.

Not really, you keep these families separate from others.

DACA was a BS law........it's gone........it's Amnesty.........America rejected it and we rejected you.............Was done via executive order and undone via executive order...............

Secure the border...........get more judges and courts and facilities.........more border agents..............and then we'll talk about the ones here who stay here because of decades of ignoring our laws..................

Most American citizens disagree with you. That's all I can say.

Yup, we do have freedom of speech in this country, so you can say all the stupid stuff you want.

Although, may I add, you fricken loons don't seem to like freedom of speech either...unless it fits you're damn agenda.

You're veering wildly off topic.

It was off topic, but very true.

Disagree and still off topic, but you go with your bad self.

If we are going to institute a new policy of detaining families then you need the infrastructure to do so, if you don't have it then build it.
No shit Sherlock.............tell that to your open borders reps.........tell them to get off their ass and do something other than bitch and moan.

Actually it is and has been an option. Obviously one you're not going to like and that's actually understandable. But if you don't like 'catch and release' then mayhaps the federal government should have thought about that first. Of course, they want to actively split families as a deterrent and that is the real 'crime' here.
NO..........period............it is a free pass and a Welcome mat to the United States.
Like I said, if you don't like 'catch and release' then work to do something about it rather than ripping families apart. Of course we know that separating kids from families is being used as a deterrent, They want to do this, it's not just an unfortunate side effect.

Sure, as long as the families can stay together and it's not some fucked up Arpaio style tent city where the inhabitants are treated like animals left out in the hot sun.
Give me a freaking break.......the ones I showed are used by our military......look at Bob Hope Cafeteria Iraq......they are used for sports centers........they are used for churches.........they are used for corporate offices............they are virtually buildings and many corporations use them.......hardly a hot sun BS argument you just made.

Not sure if you noticed, I didn't disagree with you. I said, yes, build facilities to house families as long as they are not tent cities with no A/C. I think we're in agreement, no? But this should have been sorted out first and I do not believe it requires Congress to do anything.

Then put your money where your mouth is......and come up with solutions to the problem instead of being the problem...........Easy to whine about it when you basically just cry about it all day..............tell your reps to fund INEXPENSIVE SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEM...........No Ramada Inns......No Hiltons......but affordable solutions that our military uses every single day.........Military has about 4000 of these structures......at a initial cost of 1.5 Billion.......they contain the Generators.......the Air Conditioning and heat........barracks.........Kitchen facilities........bathroom facilities............and shower and laundry facilities........if is the most cost effective way forward.

I think the President could do this on his own. Hell, they've already converted a Wal Mart into a child detention center, why not just convert these facilities to hold families?

I think you're looking for an argument whether there is need for one or not. Man, are you red faced now or what? Chill out.
Because mixing children with adults is just asking for crimes against the children.

There are not enough facilities to do all the division you are talking about. And many of the children show up without mothers or fathers.
This system is the safest for the kids despite the emotions involved.
There are predators even among mothers and fathers.

Dems changing the laws of this country caused a lot of this..........and you still have the grave yard of the Senate to deal with which your side blocks.....Your side blocked detention facility increases...........your side blocked more judges and legal teams to speed up the process.....and your side blocked more border agents..........only a fraction of what was requested was funded..........So........you don't get off the hook............and if you were so concerned about this problem why didn't you fix it when you had a super majority................because your elected officials didn't give a damn.........they are using the kids for politics now.

I posted a video of a 33 year veteran of ICE ...it's always been like this...........I've also and others have posted the centers for the kids..........they are not that bad at all...............schools.......medical care..........clothes.............play grounds............again......detention centers are insufficient......Put up or shut up.

Career politicians haven't sorted it out for 3 decades...............and now you lay blame on ones trying to improve the situation and secure our borders.......Lame.........

The President is not god................even with a pen and a phone.......remember that...........Funding comes from Congress has to go through the Senate and then get signed...........It is their job to get the bill on his desk to fix this........not his............His job is to enforce immigration laws...........not like the lawless one who just left almost 2 years ago....

Fuck off.

There are not enough facilities to do all the division you are talking about. And many of the children show up without mothers or fathers.

Then mayhaps the Trump administration either started this policy prematurely or they actually want to separate families as a deterrent, whether crossing illegally or seeking entry as refugees. I'll leave the motive up to you.

Children that show up without parents is an entirely separate situation, you know, because they are already separated.

This system is the safest for the kids despite the emotions involved.
There are predators even among mothers and fathers.

How so? What predators? We have already heard from professionals in child development that this is not a healthy process for children. Can you imagine fleeing your own country so that your own daughter isn't raped by gang members only to arrive in the land of the free and have that kid ripped form your side, not told where they are staying and only able to talk to them on the phone occasionally, even worse for toddlers unable to talk on the phone. It's all a big unnecessary cluster fuck of a problem made worse by a president who doesn't give a shit and those in need of help are the ones who get screwed the most. Whether these families are allowed to stay together or even released into the country it affects your life very, very little but impacts these kids in ways you will never comprehend.

I vote NO. It's the law. Try getting into any other country in the world without papers and see what happens.
every civilized country in the world, has a refugee program which allows refugees to seek asylum.

that is not illegal.

and this is who you are imprisoning and separating children from parents on.

If these people do not qualify for refugee status, after going through the review, then they are charged with a Misdemeanor and deported.

Real asylum seekers from central or south America would do so in Mexico. Those we get are using the claim of asylum so they may be released with no intention of returning for a hearing. Hence, up to 20 million illegal immigrants that the rest of us must school, feed and care for.

Is it not reasonable to consider an alternative strategy here?
my alternative strategy was to put monitoring ankle bracelets on them, like we did for Manafort facing 7 felonies....., until they get their hearing and find out whether they are accepted or NOT.

Saves a bundle of money, causes less permanent trauma for young children...

WHY do we have to be total assholes, when there is a simpler, effective, way to handle it?

Dems changing the laws of this country caused a lot of this..........and you still have the grave yard of the Senate to deal with which your side blocks.....Your side blocked detention facility increases...........your side blocked more judges and legal teams to speed up the process.....and your side blocked more border agents..........only a fraction of what was requested was funded..........So........you don't get off the hook............and if you were so concerned about this problem why didn't you fix it when you had a super majority................because your elected officials didn't give a damn.........they are using the kids for politics now.

I posted a video of a 33 year veteran of ICE ...it's always been like this...........I've also and others have posted the centers for the kids..........they are not that bad at all...............schools.......medical care..........clothes.............play grounds............again......detention centers are insufficient......Put up or shut up.

Career politicians haven't sorted it out for 3 decades...............and now you lay blame on ones trying to improve the situation and secure our borders.......Lame.........

The President is not god................even with a pen and a phone.......remember that...........Funding comes from Congress has to go through the Senate and then get signed...........It is their job to get the bill on his desk to fix this........not his............His job is to enforce immigration laws...........not like the lawless one who just left almost 2 years ago....

Fuck off.

They wish they had changed the law. What they really do is refuse to enforce the law and should all be prosecuted for it. The laws are plain.

Fuck off.

They wish they had changed the law. What they really do is refuse to enforce the law and should all be prosecuted for it. The laws are plain.
There goal is plain as day............they want open borders..........they want Catch and Release..........Sanctuary Cities..........and they are using the children for political reasons because we have an election coming up............this all started with a lie...........they showed pictures of the detention facilities under Obama and blamed it on Trump...............got caught in the lie and then just changed the story.............

It's what they do...........they offer no viable solutions and bitch and moan about solutions proposed........Hypocrisy at it's finest.

No laws were enacted this year, this was merely a policy change by the Trump administration, nothing more.

I posted a video of a 33 year veteran of ICE ...it's always been like this...........I've also and others have posted the centers for the kids..........they are not that bad at all...............schools.......medical care..........clothes.............play grounds............again......detention centers are insufficient......Put up or shut up

There is an increase of refugees from Central America, we are facing a new problem. I have not claimed the kids are being treated unfairly other than that they should be with their parents when at all possible. So, nice strawman.

Yep, politicians haven't solved it, so making it worse is a solution?

I've heard the right call him the 'god emperor' right on this board of cultists.

He has a budget he could work with, since this administration created the problem then maybe they could also plot out a resolution. Of course they don't want to, they are happy to separate families, it's what they wanted to do in the first place.

Fuck off.

Exactly.

I vote NO. It's the law. Try getting into any other country in the world without papers and see what happens.
every civilized country in the world, has a refugee program which allows refugees to seek asylum.

that is not illegal.

and this is who you are imprisoning and separating children from parents on.

If these people do not qualify for refugee status, after going through the review, then they are charged with a Misdemeanor and deported.

Real asylum seekers from central or south America would do so in Mexico. Those we get are using the claim of asylum so they may be released with no intention of returning for a hearing. Hence, up to 20 million illegal immigrants that the rest of us must school, feed and care for.

Is it not reasonable to consider an alternative strategy here?
my alternative strategy was to put monitoring ankle bracelets on them, like we did for Manafort facing 7 felonies....., until they get their hearing and find out whether they are accepted or NOT.

Saves a bundle of money, causes less permanent trauma for young children...

WHY do we have to be total assholes, when there is a simpler, effective, way to handle it?
Easy enough to cut them off, isn't it?

These are not the criminals you are looking for.
5b243a262200003000eeba05.jpeg

JOHN MOORE VIA GETTY IMAGES
A 2-year-old Honduran asylum seeker cries as her mother is searched and detained Tuesday near the border in McAllen, Texas.
Yep, they are. Those are the ones we’re looking for.

Nope, they are doing it the right way, presenting themselves to border patrol. Why can't you people at least live in reality? Just say you don't want any immigration (from our southern border), some of you are honest about that.
Happy, are you SURE the people being arrested weren't caught and THEN said the magic word "asylum?"

I'm sure it happens and the refugee process will sort out whether they have a real case or not. However no doubt there is an increase of refugees from Central America escaping violence, intimidation, rape and murder, it's not make believe. While illegal border crossing is still at near lows.

That's what I've been reading. There is no legal reason to detain an asylum seeker who presents themselves legally at the border. What most illegals are doing is asking for asylum if they're caught. It gives them more time and a better chance of being released awaiting trial, so they can disappear into the country.

Like I said, the process should sort it out, it's not like they get to say "hey, I'm a refugee, call me a cab", they don't just get to stroll on by.
I never said it was "make believe" the situation in their home countries. I feel bad for them and I wouldn't be opposed to increasing the number of "refugees" (which is basically what they are) from Central America. Until that happens, though, the administration has made a perfect mess of this whole thing by not thinking ahead about what they were going to do with all these folks they decided to get "tough" on. I'm sure border patrol knew it. I'm sure the administration didn't listen. All they care about is November 2018.

These are not the criminals you are looking for.
5b243a262200003000eeba05.jpeg

JOHN MOORE VIA GETTY IMAGES
A 2-year-old Honduran asylum seeker cries as her mother is searched and detained Tuesday near the border in McAllen, Texas.
Yep, they are. Those are the ones we’re looking for.

Nope, they are doing it the right way, presenting themselves to border patrol. Why can't you people at least live in reality? Just say you don't want any immigration (from our southern border), some of you are honest about that.
Happy, are you SURE the people being arrested weren't caught and THEN said the magic word "asylum?"

I'm sure it happens and the refugee process will sort out whether they have a real case or not. However no doubt there is an increase of refugees from Central America escaping violence, intimidation, rape and murder, it's not make believe. While illegal border crossing is still at near lows.

That's what I've been reading. There is no legal reason to detain an asylum seeker who presents themselves legally at the border. What most illegals are doing is asking for asylum if they're caught. It gives them more time and a better chance of being released awaiting trial, so they can disappear into the country.

Like I said, the process should sort it out, it's not like they get to say "hey, I'm a refugee, call me a cab", they don't just get to stroll on by.
I never said it was "make believe" the situation in their home countries. I feel bad for them and I wouldn't be opposed to increasing the number of "refugees" (which is basically what they are) from Central America. Until that happens, though, the administration has made a perfect mess of this whole thing by not thinking ahead about what they were going to do with all these folks they decided to get "tough" on. I'm sure border patrol knew it. I'm sure the administration didn't listen. All they care about is November 2018.
The problem is those people will be able to get into this country because of political correctness… Who has to pay for that? People that want nothing to do with paying for it and cannot afford it... ever. Refugees/immigrants/illegal aliens have a diminishing return at best.

No laws were enacted this year, this was merely a policy change by the Trump administration, nothing more.
Tell the Senate to stop blocking them then.............and tell the Dems to negotiate on these temp facilities.............they don't want these facilities.......they want them released and nothing more............and ignore the laws of this country as always.....

There is an increase of refugees from Central America, we are facing a new problem. I have not claimed the kids are being treated unfairly other than that they should be with their parents when at all possible. So, nice strawman.
We are not responsible for all the problems in South America and Central America.............Certainly not the Socialism mass failure in Venezuela...........they need to solve their own problems.........

Yep, politicians haven't solved it, so making it worse is a solution?
Enforcing the laws is not making it worse............President's swear an oath to uphold the law..........don't like the laws change them........get your Dems involved in the increases needed for the flow..........in detention facilities.....and courts......manpower..............And tell them not to Earmark the hell out of it and build dang expensive facilities.........the facilities I showed are cost effective................we don't need their stupidity in action again.

I've heard the right call him the 'god emperor' right on this board of cultists.

He has a budget he could work with, since this administration created the problem then maybe they could also plot out a resolution. Of course they don't want to, they are happy to separate families, it's what they wanted to do in the first place.
Sarcasm escapes you............................He doesn't have the approval and budget for the facilities.........put it on his desk..........it is not his job to make the laws.........it is Congresses job...........and the Senate who are the death of most bills...........
My quote stands.

Vote

I don't and I fail to see ANY problem.

Wouldnt a wall solve this problem? I do believe it would.
HOW? These people are coming through the gate, and asking for asylum...they are turning themselves in. A wall or no wall, will not stop any asylum seekers, not a single one.... as said, to seek asylum, they just turn themselves in, right at the gate.

Vote

I don't and I fail to see ANY problem.

Wouldnt a wall solve this problem? I do believe it would.
HOW? These people are coming through the gate, and asking for asylum...they are turning themselves in. A wall or no wall, will not stop any asylum seekers, not a single one.... as said, to seek asylum, they just turn themselves in, right at the gate.

Stop on the Mexican side of the wall and ask for asylum. And be prepared for a "no".

Forum List

Back