Do You Really Want To Live Around "The Poors"?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
You have done OK for yourself and it's time to upgrade your digs.....Do you choose to live around those on a similar economic scale or around those of the EBT crowd? Be honest.

I'll tell you straight-up when I moved away from a disadvantaged part of town I made damn sure I'd not be around the "poors" for years to come. ;)

I'm discounting those that don't want to live around anyone. I get it, I really do, but it really does not fit this discussion.

Most everyone wants to live in the best neighborhood they can afford, I have a friend who runs his own business and still lives in a shit neighborhood because that's where he grew up and he feels most comfortable there. There is also the off chance he does not make as much money as I think he does.

I prefer nicer neighborhoods like the one I'm in and have no desire to live in a neighborhood where crime is a concern. I live in a neighborhood where crime is not a concern, and I totally get those who oppose 'affordable' housing in their backyard.

Put 'affordable' housing somewhere that won't make the surrounding neighborhood unsafe or undesirable.

The advantages to living in the Ghetto are that its easier to park, no one cares if you mow your lawn and you are close enough to walk to the nearest bar room, convenience store or crackhouse and can walk if needed. Ghettos also have better bus service than affluent areas.

All depends on what you value.

Of course, for people with children, the suburbs are the only way to go.

Put 'affordable' housing somewhere that won't make the surrounding neighborhood unsafe or undesirable.

LOL

Where would that be?

1663078964194.png

It's called "slumming" or "cultural-enrichment." Liberals like to hang out in or patronize clubs and restaurants in lower-income and particularly minority areas, as a form of catharsis. It eases their white liberal guilt to show that they identify with other races or those with lower economic status.

You have done OK for yourself and it's time to upgrade your digs.....Do you choose to live around those on a similar economic scale or around those of the EBT crowd? Be honest.

I'll tell you straight-up when I moved away from a disadvantaged part of town I made damn sure I'd not be around the "poors" for years to come. ;)

I'm discounting those that don't want to live around anyone. I get it, I really do, but it really does not fit this discussion.
Moved to Floor E Da back in 2017 to set up a nice house in Ponte Vedra. Since then moved up again into even a bigger house that is gated, so when the Zombie Apocalypse happens, all the poor and middle class will go first before they come to my house. Even have a nice gate at the entrance of my house to keep those DemoFascists away.

Under her leadership or lack of it Nancy Pelosi's district in San Francisco went from a tourist attraction to a slum with human feces and dirty needles on the sidewalk. She would rather spend time in Italy hobnobbing with the rich and famous than represent her constituency.

Most everyone wants to live in the best neighborhood they can afford, I have a friend who runs his own business and still lives in a shit neighborhood because that's where he grew up and he feels most comfortable there. There is also the off chance he does not make as much money as I think he does.

I prefer nicer neighborhoods like the one I'm in and have no desire to live in a neighborhood where crime is a concern. I live in a neighborhood where crime is not a concern, and I totally get those who oppose 'affordable' housing in their backyard.

LOL.....Talk about a tough choice.....I think I'd rather have a wind farm on my property line than blocks of "affordable housing" within miles of me. ;)

We are constantly fighting that shit in my AO....Mostly against lawyers working for large construction firms who blow into a area, erect half-ass Soviet era lookin' section 8 housing that barely meets code (with tons of variances) then blow out. You can guess what they look like in ten years.

Moved to Floor E Da back in 2017 to set up a nice house in Ponte Vedra. Since then moved up again into even a bigger house that is gated, so when the Zombie Apocalypse happens, all the poor and middle class will go first before they come to my house. Even have a nice gate at the entrance of my house to keep those DemoFascists away.
Studies have shown that the very first to go will be the affluent burbs outside of cities. They will be selling their womenfolk for a can of beans. ;)

It's worse....You have Florida Man.

Alligators rip their arm off, they wander around in a swamp for three days, and proclaim "tis but a flesh wound". ;)
That is a bum rap for men of Floor E Da, for a while ago. Today's Floor E Da man is manly and isnt afraid of no gator bites of any size.

Yup.
Only shooting that I hear are Goose hunters.
Don't even have a police department, just the County Sheriff.
its hot and humid as fluck in florida....lots of women walking around nearly naked tho...I will stay up here the backwoods...I love those short as hell shorts the babes wear here....yummy, legs, yummy

its hot and humid as fluck in florida....lots of women walking around nearly naked tho...I will stay up here the backwoods...I love those short as hell shorts the babes wear here....yummy, legs, yummy
Some people pay for the hot and humid that you get in a sauna. We dont get three feet of snow...

miami girls.jpg

Forum List

Back