Do you shop at Walmart?

Do you shop at Walmart?

• Yes

Votes: 78 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 38.1%

• Total voters
People pay for atmosphere and enjoyment and value. I shop at Wal Mart more. But I enjoy shopping at Target much more. Saving marginal amounts of money is not everyone's chief concern all the time.

I pay for atmosphere and ambience in things like restaurants and movie theatres. In choosing between WalMart and Target, assuming we're talking about the ones that are both on my side of town? Puhleeze. That's like talking about whether McDonald's or Burger King has the prettier drive-through. Who cares?

Admittedly, I wouldn't shop at the WalMart OR the Target on the other side of town, but that's because my car might not be there when I come back out.

You may live in a town with a high quality Wal Mart. Let me tell you that there is a big difference in most Wal Marts and Targets.

Targets are:

- Cleaner
- Have better trained and more professional workers
- Are less crowded
- Have higher quality products
- Have less grungy people hanging out at them
Elitist.

I wouldn't shop at any store who's employees strike on Black Friday.

Sorry. I get that way whenever I have to waste my time at HuffPo.

I would shop there because employees were on strike.

I refuse to respect picket lines. And If I needed a job I would cross a picket line to get work.
Scab pos.

I'll spend $14 on a pair of shoes at Wal Mart and they'll last like 3 or 4 months. I'll spend $25 on a pair of shoes at Target and they'll last for more than a year. Sometimes you do get more bang for your buck at other places. But if you need something cheap as a band aid then go to Wal Mart.

Before WalMart completely gutted their shoe department, I routinely bought everyday slip-ons there for $10, and was still wearing them over a year later. Gotta know how to pick your shoes.

As Wal-Mart destroys it competitors, it no longer needs to offer as much variety or even as low price.

You mean there is no sears, Meijer, cosco, Publix, ect ect ect ?

Your full of shit. never have I ever had this experience and I have been ion more target and wal-marts then most people will ever.

I've done the country tour of both those stores dude. You clearly are not a very observant person if you disagree.

Bullshit. Thats right I am calling out your bullshit. What makes wal-mart more dirty???? The fact that its blue and not red??????? Or that the people care more? Cause Wal-mart has more adults working for them?

The floors are grimier, the people are grimier. The workers attitudes are often crap b/c you get what you pay for.

I've done the country tour of both those stores dude. You clearly are not a very observant person if you disagree.

Bullshit. Thats right I am calling out your bullshit. What makes wal-mart more dirty???? The fact that its blue and not red??????? Or that the people care more? Cause Wal-mart has more adults working for them?

The floors are grimier, the people are grimier. The workers attitudes are often crap b/c you get what you pay for. You're the one that is full of shit dude. I don't know what you're problem is. Maybe, you're just a fucking idiot.
No they are not more grimy. There is nothing wrong with me I just don't believe in allowing lies to be promoted. Workers attitude is bullshit as well cause I can find as many pissed off target workers as I can wal-mart. I think ether the Wal-mart by you sucks ass or you are buying in to the bullshit others tell you.

Before WalMart completely gutted their shoe department, I routinely bought everyday slip-ons there for $10, and was still wearing them over a year later. Gotta know how to pick your shoes.

As Wal-Mart destroys it competitors, it no longer needs to offer as much variety or even as low price.

You mean there is no sears, Meijer, cosco, Publix, ect ect ect ?

No, that's not what I mean.

Maybe once every three or four months, and only then when there is something they have that I cannot easily procure somewhere else for an equal or better price. With a little smart shopping, it isn't difficult.

I learned long ago that you get what you pay for. When you have to replace something shoddy two or three times, what have you saved?

The floors are grimier, the people are grimier. The workers attitudes are often crap b/c you get what you pay for. You're the one that is full of shit dude. I don't know what you're problem is. Maybe, you're just a fucking idiot.
No they are not more grimy. There is nothing wrong with me I just don't believe in allowing lies to be promoted. Workers attitude is bullshit as well cause I can find as many pissed off target workers as I can wal-mart. I think ether the Wal-mart by you sucks ass or you are buying in to the bullshit others tell you.

You conduct surveys of Wal-Mart and Target employees?

I'll spend $14 on a pair of shoes at Wal Mart and they'll last like 3 or 4 months. I'll spend $25 on a pair of shoes at Target and they'll last for more than a year. Sometimes you do get more bang for your buck at other places. But if you need something cheap as a band aid then go to Wal Mart.

Pure fucking garbage.

I heard that bullshit line when Wally World was trying to open a store in Steamboat Springs, CO, back in the late '80s...None of the dire predictions about Lincoln Avenue merchants being killed off, made by economically illiterate hand-wringing libroidal pinheads like you, ever came to pass....In fact, the boutiques, clothing merchants and and touristy crap related store operators are doing as well as ever.

Im guessing your Wal Mart pride is on display. I've been to dozens of Targets and dozens of Wal Marts. I know the score. I have a degree in operations management. I'm trained to spot quality. And your defiant attitude typifies the difference.

Im guessing your Wal Mart pride is on display. I've been to dozens of Targets and dozens of Wal Marts. I know the score. I have a degree in operations management. I'm trained to spot quality. And your defiant attitude typifies the difference.

I do find your type of elitism disgusting. The main difference between target and Wal-Mart is simple .Target uses red in its decor and has slightly higher prices.....Now Why dont you go look you nose down at others..

I do find your type of elitism disgusting. The main difference between target and Wal-Mart is simple .Target uses red in its decor and has slightly higher prices.....Now Why dont you go look you nose down at others..

I'm not an elitist. You're just so hyper-sensitive to elitism that you see it where it doesn't exist. I'm actually not arguing with the Wal Mart model. There is a opportunity cost in its model. To offer cheaper products, they have to pay their workers less. If they pay their workers less, the workers are not going to be as good. It's basic economics, basic reality dude.

I've been in lots of Targets and Wal Marts. The Wal Mart in Hemet is clean, well run and has courteous personnel. So does the Wal Mart in Bullhead City Arizona. The Target in Torrance is clean, well run and has courteous personnel. So does the Target in Ft. Mojave Arizona.

The Wal Mart in North Redondo is there because Inglewood successfully protested the opening there so it opened in North Redondo which is close enough to Inglewood to shop there. It is filthy, much of the merchandise is broken and on the floor. The personnel are rude and openly comtemptuous of the customers. The restrooms are filthy enough to be in a third world latrine. The customers themselves are abusive to one another. There are numerous knife fights and the occasional shooting.
The Target not far away is the same.

What you think of Wal Mart or Target will depend on where it is.

I'm not an elitist. You're just so hyper-sensitive to elitism that you see it where it doesn't exist. I'm actually not arguing with the Wal Mart model. There is a opportunity cost in its model. To offer cheaper products, they have to pay their workers less. If they pay their workers less, the workers are not going to be as good. It's basic economics, basic reality dude.

You have proof they pay less then Target?

So you are basically saying that the government workers at the DMV, Social Security office and post office are bad because they are paid less and therefore do not OWE courtesy to the customers.

The low paid workers at Wal Mart are STERLING compared to the DMV.

So you are basically saying that the government workers at the DMV, Social Security office and post office are bad because they are paid less and therefore do not OWE courtesy to the customers.

I get treated better at the DMV. DMV workers don't automatically suspect I'm stealing simply because I'm walking out the door.

I get treated better at the DMV. DMV workers don't automatically suspect I'm stealing simply because I'm walking out the door.

DMV workers don't want you walking IN the door.

Discerning a difference in the quality of product or service and then choosing a higher standard is hardly elitism, it is rewarding the superior product or service.

You have proof they pay less then Target?

It's well known that they do. If you have to proof to counter that common knowledge then go ahead and post it.

Those models are not based in the free enterprise system. Management not as motivated by efficiency, profits, etc.

Forum List

Back