Do you shop at Walmart?

Do you shop at Walmart?

• Yes

Votes: 78 61.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 38.1%

• Total voters
Walmart hires most people part time to avoid giving them health insurance.

Walmart hires most people part time because the government gives Walmart incentives to do that.

Good point. More of those unintended consequences. Government do-gooding making it uneconomical for employers to give people enough hours to empower them to purchase things which would improve their lives.

Last edited:
Walmart hires most people part time to avoid giving them health insurance.

Walmart hires most people part time because the government gives Walmart incentives to do that.

Good point. More of those unintended consequences. Government do-gooding making it uneconomical for employers to give people enough hours empower them to purchase things which would improve their lives.

So true. Then those part time workers have to make application for the National nipple, in order to meet their needs. Hey! More votes.

This addresses the Walmart prinicple, directly, if and when one has the time or cares about knowing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHdhrNhh88]The Difference Between Liberal and Conservative - YouTube[/ame]

63 percent to 37 percent. I don't believe that number. I think a lot of people voting no, take the question to mean do they regularly shop at Wal Mart. I'm guessing that at least 85 percent of people shop at Wal Mart once during a two year period.

63 percent to 37 percent. I don't believe that number. I think a lot of people voting no, take the question to mean do they regularly shop at Wal Mart. I'm guessing that at least 85 percent of people shop at Wal Mart once during a two year period.

Rich people shop at Walmart. It is easy to spot them...they are the ones wearing disguises...

Rich people shop at Walmart. It is easy to spot them...they are the ones wearing disguises...

LOL - I hadn't thought about that. I imagine there are few rich people going to Wal Mart incognito. I think a great many people vote at classier outlets like Target when cost isn't a major concern.

I don't really have a choice, they're the only place in town I can buy Velcro fasten shoes for my special needs son. Occasionally they have them at Big 5 and when they do, I buy them there, those from Big 5 last longer too.

I don't really have a choice, they're the only place in town I can buy Velcro fasten shoes for my special needs son. Occasionally they have them at Big 5 and when they do, I buy them there, those from Big 5 last longer too.

Walmart is learning fast so as to avoid the junk merchandise label that would kill them. I bought an office chair there that lasted for 6 months. When I tried to return it the new chairs said, guaranteed for 350lbs. I bought one; it seems rock solid compared to the first one, and was practicially free.

I find it humorous how many talk like they never go to walmart yet lets face it they are mostly talking out of their ass. Like its suppose to be some dirty little secret that people like to save money LOL Only a fucking idiot pays more for something on purpose. Do you fools think it somehow makes you better then the rest that you act like you pay a dollar more for sugar? LMAO

The savings isn't that much. Other stores offer similar savings on almost everything.

More important is whether or not we support "Made in China" and slave wages. We can say we shop there to save money but really, that's a pretty empty argument. Shopping at WalMart is the way you say you really don't give a flip about your country or your fellow citizens.

have you checked to see where your tv was made? Or your cell phone? Or its charger? Ever owned an ipod? Iphone? Ipad? other tablet? Checked where all the boards in your computer were made? I think you get my point.

you forgot the computer he is using,.

I find the walmart merchandise doesn't last long to be complete bullshit. I had a pair of Levi jeans I paid 40 dollars for and I have a pair of jeans from Walmart I paid 13 dollars for.....I still have the cheap jeans the levi's didn't last long.

I find the walmart merchandise doesn't last long to be complete bullshit. I had a pair of Levi jeans I paid 40 dollars for and I have a pair of jeans from Walmart I paid 13 dollars for.....I still have the cheap jeans the levi's didn't last long.

I'll spend $14 on a pair of shoes at Wal Mart and they'll last like 3 or 4 months. I'll spend $25 on a pair of shoes at Target and they'll last for more than a year. Sometimes you do get more bang for your buck at other places. But if you need something cheap as a band aid then go to Wal Mart.

^^^ I have bought plenty of clothes at Wal-Mart and they are still in one piece when I give them to someone who isn't the greatest at taking care of them to begin with. :D :D :D

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

LOL - I hadn't thought about that. I imagine there are few rich people going to Wal Mart incognito. I think a great many people vote at classier outlets like Target when cost isn't a major concern.

Cost is ALWAYS a major concern. You don't get rich and stay rich by saying, "I can afford to pay more for the same thing, because this dump isn't classy enough for me." You get rich and stay rich by understanding the difference between cheap and inexpensive, and ignoring the ambience, since you're not taking THAT home with you, anyway.

I'll spend $14 on a pair of shoes at Wal Mart and they'll last like 3 or 4 months. I'll spend $25 on a pair of shoes at Target and they'll last for more than a year. Sometimes you do get more bang for your buck at other places. But if you need something cheap as a band aid then go to Wal Mart.

Before WalMart completely gutted their shoe department, I routinely bought everyday slip-ons there for $10, and was still wearing them over a year later. Gotta know how to pick your shoes.

I have found that the work boots WalMart sells are just as good as the rest of the typical boots. Until you get into the truly high-end stuff (think Red Wing), they're all similar quality. Other than the laces ($2), the $65 Brahmas held up just as well as the $110 Wolverines.

Cost is ALWAYS a major concern. You don't get rich and stay rich by saying, "I can afford to pay more for the same thing, because this dump isn't classy enough for me." You get rich and stay rich by understanding the difference between cheap and inexpensive, and ignoring the ambience, since you're not taking THAT home with you, anyway.

People pay for atmosphere and enjoyment and value. I shop at Wal Mart more. But I enjoy shopping at Target much more. Saving marginal amounts of money is not everyone's chief concern all the time.

I have found that the work boots WalMart sells are just as good as the rest of the typical boots. Until you get into the truly high-end stuff (think Red Wing), they're all similar quality. Other than the laces ($2), the $65 Brahmas held up just as well as the $110 Wolverines.

Good to know. The shoes I've bought at Wal Mart that wore out fast, I used to cross train and play basketball. Perhaps they would have lasted longer for casual use. And I've had shoes from other places wear out fast too.

People pay for atmosphere and enjoyment and value. I shop at Wal Mart more. But I enjoy shopping at Target much more. Saving marginal amounts of money is not everyone's chief concern all the time.

I pay for atmosphere and ambience in things like restaurants and movie theatres. In choosing between WalMart and Target, assuming we're talking about the ones that are both on my side of town? Puhleeze. That's like talking about whether McDonald's or Burger King has the prettier drive-through. Who cares?

Admittedly, I wouldn't shop at the WalMart OR the Target on the other side of town, but that's because my car might not be there when I come back out.

Forum List

Back