Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
I Support The "Gun Show Loophole?" Background checks do not prevent any murders.

We need a publicized list of bad people who should not own a gun just like the registered sex offenders list so people know to keep guns away from them.

And HOW do we determine that Einstein? By how they LOOK??
You apparently missed this:

We need a publicized list of bad people who should not own a gun

The news media should publish a monthy report of felons and other peoples unable to legally buy/own a gun - apparently, the media has some interest in the subject as it publishes lists of people with permits to own guns.
You mean like the do not fly list?

It's a turkey of an idea and probably illegal.

And HOW do we determine that Einstein? By how they LOOK??

The news media should publish a monthy report of felons and other peoples unable to legally buy/own a gun - apparently, the media has some interest in the subject as it publishes lists of people with permits to own guns.

Can't be any more illegal than publising lists of CCW permit holders and registered gun owners.

Now tell me Einstein, HOW will gun dealers and private sellers KNOW who the people unable to legally buy/own a gun ARE? Do they have to scour the newspapers, internet and other 'media' sources? Private sellers don't have to see any identification.
1: Make the list available
2: Require that they do.
:dunno:

SO Einstein, you have no problem with big government draconian mandates forcing dealers and sellers to scour the newspapers, internet and other 'media' in search of bad guys they can't sell to.

You are a MORON.

Can't be any more illegal than publising lists of CCW permit holders and registered gun owners.

The CCW list is a public record. I'm not sure what law is being violated by publishing it.

Now tell me Einstein, HOW will gun dealers and private sellers KNOW who the people unable to legally buy/own a gun ARE? Do they have to scour the newspapers, internet and other 'media' sources? Private sellers don't have to see any identification.
SO Einstein, you have no problem with big government draconian mandates forcing dealers and sellers to scour the newspapers, internet and other 'media' in search of bad guys they can't sell to.
You are a MORON.
You are clearly not worth any more of my time.
There's the recess bell - head back inside now.

You are a MORON.
You are clearly not worth any more of my time.
There's the recess bell - head back inside now.

Yea, you better hurry, you might miss cookies and milk and nap time.

In 1994 the federal statute called the Jacob Wetterling Act required all states to pass legislation requiring sex offenders to register with state sex offender registries. From the chart it looks like sexual assaults were already falling from 1991 due to the aids scare from Magic Johnson's announcement. So even that registered sex offender list may have failed us.

Rate_of_Sexual_Assault.jpg

A spin off of the other thread where I have asked numerous times and not a single right winger has answered, is if you support the gun show loophole.

For those that may not know, under current federal law if you wish to purchases a firearm, you have to be run in a background check to make sure you are not a felon, been convicted of a violent crime, been in a mental institution, etc,..before they give the go ahead to sell that person a weapon. However under the "gun show loophole", there are not background checks at all.

That's right, absoutly nothing. A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcases ready to commit the next sandy hook could go down to their local gun show, or find a classified ad selling a firearm and they could purchase deadly weapons, with no questions asked.

I do not support unenforceable laws.

If this is made into laws, it will not be enforced (unless it is to take out someone politically).

We have a tone of gun laws.
We have laws against stealing guns.
We have laws against shooting people for reasons other than self defense.

Enforce those laws and then, let us talk again.

If the "Gun Show Loophole" is closed it means that Grandpa's gun he left me would have to go through a FFL dealer background check before I can get the gun. How is that going to be enforced.

If the "Gun Show Loophole" is closed it means that Grandpa's gun he left me would have to go through a FFL dealer background check before I can get the gun. How is that going to be enforced.

The gun show loophole involves background checks for purchases, so if UBC becomes law, the gun show loophole disappears and background checks are needed for all purchases. It's unclear yet if the law will require background checks for tranfer of weapons, but it's a good idea to include it and not create another loophole in the law. It's also a good idea to make laws requiring registration of firearms, but that's further down the line, except I expect some states to do it.

I have no idea why you would think the gun show loophole or UBC has anything to do with your Grandpa's gun.

In 1994 the federal statute called the Jacob Wetterling Act required all states to pass legislation requiring sex offenders to register with state sex offender registries. From the chart it looks like sexual assaults were already falling from 1991 due to the aids scare from Magic Johnson's announcement. So even that registered sex offender list may have failed us.

I see the right-wing is going after the sex offender vote. You must be getting desperate.

There is no such thing as a gun show loophole. How fucking dense can you people be?

You know what I like in a conversation?

When someone joins in, after not having paid attention to any of the prior debate, and tells everyone they are stupid, because they don't agree with a talking point that was proved false days before-hand.

It's one thing to not read the thread, and make a point that was previously debated, that's to be expected sometimes.

It's another to insinuate that everyone lacks intelligence because you didn't bother to read.

For the 4th time in this thread, PredFan, the "Gun Show Loophole" does in fact exist.

It refers to the fact that private sellers can sell guns without any form of documentation at all.

As per the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986.

The fact that "Gun Show" is in its title is misleading, as most of these sales do not necessarily occur at gun shows, but they do in fact occur at gun shows.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a gun show loophole. How fucking dense can you people be?[/quote]

You know what I like in a conversation?

When someone joins in, after not having paid attention to any of the prior debate, and tells everyone they are stupid, because they don't agree with a talking point that was proved false days before-hand.

It's one thing to not read the thread, and make a point that was previously debated, that's to be expected sometimes.

It's another to insinuate that everyone lacks intelligence because you didn't bother to read.

For the 4th time in this thread, PredFan, the "Gun Show Loophole" does in fact exist.

It refers to the fact that private sellers can sell guns without any form of documentation at all.

As per the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986.

The fact that "Gun Show" is in its title is misleading, as most of these sales do not necessarily occur at gun shows, but they do in fact occur at gun shows.

Thanks for answering my question in such a resounding manner.

Look, it is legal to sell guns privately. That is not a loophole, it IS the law. It doesn't matter where the sale occurs, that still doesn't make it a loophole. I can't believe that you people are still claiming it is? How dense can you be?

I see the right-wing is going after the sex offender vote. You must be getting desperate.

:cuckoo:

How will registering guns, good guys with guns or bad guys who should not own them work if registering sex offenders does not work????????????????????

Look, it is legal to sell guns privately. That is not a loophole, it IS the law. It doesn't matter where the sale occurs, that still doesn't make it a loophole. I can't believe that you people are still claiming it is? How dense can you be?

There is a law in place meant to provide protections against criminals getting guns.

Due to the language of the law, there is a portion of gun sellers that are immune from the restrictions stated in the law.

That is pretty much the definition of a "loophole".

Personally I don't give a shit if you call it a "Fire Hydrant". It still exists.

Forum List

Back