Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
aurora-shooting-e1360853658720.jpg

VIDEO: After Tragedies, Coloradans Unite Around Universal Background Checks

After Tragedies, Coloradans Unite Around Universal Background Checks - YouTube

Gun Sales Are Up Sharply In Colorado Since Theater Shootings : The Two-Way : NPR

Hey Einstein, if 'The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill', HOW do we know WHO is a felon or mentally ill? By looks? Smell??

Fast track the mentally ill into NICS.

Why do none of Obama's 25 Executive Orders or decrees do this ?

Answer: Need more Sandy Hooks to drive the disarmament agenda.

You people are such FUCKING ASSHOLES. I have no problem with law abiding citizens owning firearms. But you pieces of right wing scum want to shield felons and the mentally ill from background checks so they too can own guns. WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with your brain? I can understand why the gun manufacturers who make MILLIONS of $$$$ when guns are sold to anyone would block common sense laws. WHAT is your piece of the action you turd brained moron?

Shut the fuck up liar.

Hey Einstein, if 'The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill', HOW do we know WHO is a felon or mentally ill? By looks? Smell??

And who determines what exactly is "mentally ill" and who is and who is not?
Friend of mine had a bad reaction to prednisone which is common. They hospitalized him and he had another reaction in the hospital. Loud outbursts of euphoria and very loud almost as if he was on speed. They held him in the mental ward for 2 days. Now his insurance has rated that as a "mental episode" and terminated that part of his health insurance when he renewed it.
They have categorized him as the "mentally ill" and what is to stop government from doing that also?
Most of the mentally ill no one knows about.

Are you C_Clayton_Jones? THAT is not even the question, but I am not surprised you don't understand.

But you are wrong about California...

Want a Better Gun Policy? Look at California

Griffin Dix, Ph.D.

After the recent mass shootings came mass confusion over how to prevent gun deaths. Calls for action ran to extremes. In despair some said murderers will always get weapons that are incredibly lethal; we are helpless against the gun lobby. Others called for banning all firearms. But there is a better way. California’s gun laws—while far from perfect—provide a model that works.

Since the peak firearm mortality rate in 1993 California has cut its firearm mortality rate by 53% — to a new low of 8.1 per 100,000 (according to the CDC’s latest 2009 data). That compares to a decline of only 30% in the rest of the nation, where the firearm mortality rate is 10.2 — far higher than California’s.

Before 1997 California’s firearm mortality rate was consistently higher than that of the rest of the nation. But as California’s gun laws took effect the state’s gun death rate dropped lower. Of course many factors besides gun laws affect firearm mortality rates. But gun laws help and California has passed more than forty of them since the 1989 assault weapon mass shooting in a Stockton schoolyard that led to the state’s assault weapons ban and a ten round limit on ammunition magazine capacity.

Other important California laws curb illegal gun trafficking by requiring background checks on all gun sales or transfers (including at gun shows) and limiting handgun purchases to one per month, prohibit gun purchases by persons guilty of certain violent misdemeanors, and facilitate crime gun tracing and recovery of illegally owned weapons.

Additional laws require licensing of gun dealers. In California handgun buyers must pass a written safety test and hands-on demonstration. Laws that encourage safe gun storage help reduce gun suicide, a major component of firearm mortality. New handgun models sold in California must meet state safety standards.

Americans overwhelmingly support measures like these, which do not interfere with the rights of law-abiding citizens. Gun violence is a complex, multi-faceted problem with no easy fix. No wonder many are confused about how we can cut our gun death rate and protect our families. California’s gun laws are a model the rest of the country should look to in this hour of sorrow, confusion and much-needed discussion.

I live in San Francisco, idiot, you can't tell me anything about California. There were three different shootings in this area today, one a double homicide that occurred during the news. Pretending that murder is the only possible gun crime in order to insist that gun laws work just helps me win the argument.

I just did...

Can you tell me what California Governor had one of the strictest gun-control regimes in the nation? And said this to reporters?

This California Governor told reporters that he saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.” He called guns a “ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will.” In a later press conference, this California Governor said he didn't “know of any sportsman who leaves his home with a gun to go out into the field to hunt or for target shooting who carries that gun loaded.” The Mulford Act, he said, “would work no hardship on the honest citizen.”

Can you tell me what California Governor signed the Mulford Act, ‘prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street’...???

Dumb ass hunting has nothing too do with the second amendment.

I deal with NCIC weekly in my work.
I can not tell you how many times over the years I get a NCIC report in discovery from the prosecution and go collecting the certified copies of convictions all over the state and then find many more convictions and arrests that never made it to NCIC.
And I found folks with clean NCIC that have numerous arrests and no convictions.
NCIC is GIGO or garbage in garbage out, only as good as what is entered and subject to human error.

Friend of mine had a bad reaction to prednisone which is common. They hospitalized him and he had another reaction in the hospital. Loud outbursts of euphoria and very loud almost as if he was on speed. They held him in the mental ward for 2 days. Now his insurance has rated that as a "mental episode" and terminated that part of his health insurance when he renewed it.
They have categorized him as the "mentally ill" and what is to stop government from doing that also?

Yep. this is what I am talking about. What happens when you have an over zealous anti gun nut dictating whether or not I can have a gun.

Yep. this is what I am talking about. What happens when you have an over zealous anti gun nut dictating whether or not I can have a gun.

It's crazy to defend the constitution.

It is a slippery slope. Soon all kinds of people will be thinking that they shouldn't have to have their views cleared ahead of time by a government censorship board.

I live in San Francisco, idiot, you can't tell me anything about California. There were three different shootings in this area today, one a double homicide that occurred during the news. Pretending that murder is the only possible gun crime in order to insist that gun laws work just helps me win the argument.

I just did...

Can you tell me what California Governor had one of the strictest gun-control regimes in the nation? And said this to reporters?

This California Governor told reporters that he saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.” He called guns a “ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will.” In a later press conference, this California Governor said he didn't “know of any sportsman who leaves his home with a gun to go out into the field to hunt or for target shooting who carries that gun loaded.” The Mulford Act, he said, “would work no hardship on the honest citizen.”

Can you tell me what California Governor signed the Mulford Act, ‘prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street’...???

Then please tell us what the second amendment has to do with?

It is a slippery slope. Soon all kinds of people will be thinking that they shouldn't have to have their views cleared ahead of time by a government censorship board.

I have a new avatar for you...

tin-foil-hat.jpg

You're welcome!!!

I just did...

It's a hard concept you god damn liberals have accepting.
But the second amendments ONLY purpose is to defend against a tyrannical over bearing does not follow the constitution creates new tyrannical laws government.
That's it only purpose.

But the second amendments ONLY purpose is to defend against a tyrannical over bearing does not follow the constitution creates new tyrannical laws government.
That's it only purpose.

You are an uneducated moron. Hamilton, Madison and Jay made fun of nut bags like you in the Federalist papers. In the First Congress’ debate on arms and militia, you’ll see a constant theme: the 2nd Amendment was created to protect the American government.

The James Madison resolution on the issue clearly stated that the right to bear arms “shall not be infringed” since a “well-regulated militia” is the “best security of a free country.”

Our Founding Fathers never imagined a well-armed citizenry to keep the American government itself in check. It was all about protecting the American government from both foreign and domestic threats.

As Federal law requires background checks, this is proof that background checks do not work.
:clap2:

It's proof of nothing.

The federal law requires background checks that are checked against criminal records in a database that is not very complete but better than nothing.

Missouri's law was a bit different. For example, according to the link:

Residents of Missouri soon will no longer need a sheriff’s permit to buy a concealable gun...

The sale or transfer of firearms between individuals also will no longer require a criminal background check.​

Requiring a sheriff's permit was an extra step however, a sheriff may well have records they can check that are not in the federal system and a sheriff would have a better idea of local individual behavior - for example a history of violent behavior.

That's it only purpose.

You are an uneducated moron. Hamilton, Madison and Jay made fun of nut bags like you in the Federalist papers. In the First Congress’ debate on arms and militia, you’ll see a constant theme: the 2nd Amendment was created to protect the American government.

The James Madison resolution on the issue clearly stated that the right to bear arms “shall not be infringed” since a “well-regulated militia” is the “best security of a free country.”

Our Founding Fathers never imagined a well-armed citizenry to keep the American government itself in check. It was all about protecting the American government from both foreign and domestic threats.

Stupid is this ^^^^^^^^
And you are a lying sack of shit truth matter is more honest than you could ever dream of being.
Nothing you said is true.

Dumb ass what the fuck is the Militia? Here's a clue it's has nothing to do with the army in the federal government.

So since NCIC is not perfect - just disregard it?

No law or no law enforcement is perfect - so I guess (by that logic) we should just abandon all law?????

If the "Gun Show Loophole" is closed it means that Grandpa's gun he left me would have to go through a FFL dealer background check before I can get the gun. How is that going to be enforced.

GLORIOUS PEOPLES AGENT comes to house and searches what Granpa left you, then decides what you should or should not have.

The left has a dream, which is coming true as we speak.

Forum List

Back