Do You Think Climate Change is a Pressing Issue?

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Go here to vote:

http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articles/polls/38728

chart

Having gone though the most cruel and coldest winter in my memory (and I don't celebrate, because it is not July, yet) I must express my thanks to the wise folks who alerted me to the dangers of living a normal life.

I thank them for pointing out how cold this winter would have been if not for the prevailing global warming caused by criminals like me who have the nerve drive a car and heat my home and cook my meals on a stove that uses electricity created by burning coal.

I feel properly chastised, humiliated and scorned.

I pledge that from now on I will prefer Mother Gaia over my family and go live in a cave.

I'm in zone 2. Bring on the warming so I can grow more than lichens and ice fishing ends :lol:

Glowbull warming would be a really great thing..., we could all go naked then. :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :lmao: ... :up:

By what I see at the beaches, and those looking at me, if walking around naked is a result it would be most devastating to the eyes. Spandex should be sold with a license.

The younger dyas
Yellowstone
little ice age
etc

Sure, do ;)

Going back to suck on Johnson!
What?

Let get this straight. You pulled the guys dick out of your mouth, ran to the computer to post this nonsense, and then went back to finish him off?

I'll bet he's pissed.

In my opinion man can have an effect on the weather to that there is little doubt. The biggest example is the dust bowl which was directly caused by man. Did we learn anything from the dust bowl, yeah but we just moved on to more stupid activity. We are draining the aquifers to support farming on land that has always had droughts. So that environmental disaster is waiting to unfold.

When I look at weather maps cities are always a few degrees warmer then we out in the sticks. There has to be some sort of consequence to paving over land.

BUT does that mean GW is a threat? Well obviously if the world heated 100 degrees we would all be dead. But no one is saying that will happen. So what is the actual threat? My thoughts are that a 2 degree rise is no big deal. It might actually be beneficial. If the North Pole becomes ice free in the summer that is that a good thing for shipping?

I have seen no discernible change in my climate. Record lows are being broken as are record highs which would be expected. But for the most part record lows and highs were set years ago.

My opinion, with China and India not really doing anything about GW then whatever the government want to do in the US first can't cost one job and two can't make us less competitive in the world market. The government needs to help us prepare for the eventuality of GW and GC but to actually stop it, I don't think we can change the EARTH's climate by much.

"We'll all be dead before things get really fucked up so party on dude!" Conservatives.

In my opinion man can have an effect on the weather to that there is little doubt. The biggest example is the dust bowl which was directly caused by man. Did we learn anything from the dust bowl, yeah but we just moved on to more stupid activity. We are draining the aquifers to support farming on land that has always had droughts. So that environmental disaster is waiting to unfold.

When I look at weather maps cities are always a few degrees warmer then we out in the sticks. There has to be some sort of consequence to paving over land.

BUT does that mean GW is a threat? Well obviously if the world heated 100 degrees we would all be dead. But no one is saying that will happen. So what is the actual threat? My thoughts are that a 2 degree rise is no big deal. It might actually be beneficial. If the North Pole becomes ice free in the summer that is that a good thing for shipping?

I have seen no discernible change in my climate. Record lows are being broken as are record highs which would be expected. But for the most part record lows and highs were set years ago.

My opinion, with China and India not really doing anything about GW then whatever the government want to do in the US first can't cost one job and two can't make us less competitive in the world market. The government needs to help us prepare for the eventuality of GW and GC but to actually stop it, I don't think we can change the EARTH's climate by much.

Here's the rub...so many weather reports, and scientific surveys cite 'normal' temperatures. OK fine What IS normal in the several billion year history of the Earth? Is it for the Earth, or for man in the time he's existed on the planet?

Forum List

Back