Do You Think Climate Change is a Pressing Issue?

In my opinion man can have an effect on the weather to that there is little doubt. The biggest example is the dust bowl which was directly caused by man. Did we learn anything from the dust bowl, yeah but we just moved on to more stupid activity. We are draining the aquifers to support farming on land that has always had droughts. So that environmental disaster is waiting to unfold.

When I look at weather maps cities are always a few degrees warmer then we out in the sticks. There has to be some sort of consequence to paving over land.

BUT does that mean GW is a threat? Well obviously if the world heated 100 degrees we would all be dead. But no one is saying that will happen. So what is the actual threat? My thoughts are that a 2 degree rise is no big deal. It might actually be beneficial. If the North Pole becomes ice free in the summer that is that a good thing for shipping?

I have seen no discernible change in my climate. Record lows are being broken as are record highs which would be expected. But for the most part record lows and highs were set years ago.

My opinion, with China and India not really doing anything about GW then whatever the government want to do in the US first can't cost one job and two can't make us less competitive in the world market. The government needs to help us prepare for the eventuality of GW and GC but to actually stop it, I don't think we can change the EARTH's climate by much.

Here's the rub...so many weather reports, and scientific surveys cite 'normal' temperatures. OK fine What IS normal in the several billion year history of the Earth? Is it for the Earth, or for man in the time he's existed on the planet?

exactly, in the 1930's a temperature measuring station might have been in a forest, today that same station is in the middle of a concrete parking lot. And the libs get all fired up when it is recording higher temps than it did in 1930 :cuckoo::cuckoo:

In my opinion man can have an effect on the weather to that there is little doubt. The biggest example is the dust bowl which was directly caused by man. Did we learn anything from the dust bowl, yeah but we just moved on to more stupid activity. We are draining the aquifers to support farming on land that has always had droughts. So that environmental disaster is waiting to unfold.

When I look at weather maps cities are always a few degrees warmer then we out in the sticks. There has to be some sort of consequence to paving over land.

BUT does that mean GW is a threat? Well obviously if the world heated 100 degrees we would all be dead. But no one is saying that will happen. So what is the actual threat? My thoughts are that a 2 degree rise is no big deal. It might actually be beneficial. If the North Pole becomes ice free in the summer that is that a good thing for shipping?

I have seen no discernible change in my climate. Record lows are being broken as are record highs which would be expected. But for the most part record lows and highs were set years ago.

My opinion, with China and India not really doing anything about GW then whatever the government want to do in the US first can't cost one job and two can't make us less competitive in the world market. The government needs to help us prepare for the eventuality of GW and GC but to actually stop it, I don't think we can change the EARTH's climate by much.

Here's the rub...so many weather reports, and scientific surveys cite 'normal' temperatures. OK fine What IS normal in the several billion year history of the Earth? Is it for the Earth, or for man in the time he's existed on the planet?

exactly, in the 1930's a temperature measuring station might have been in a forest, today that same station is in the middle of a concrete parking lot. And the libs get all fired up when it is recording higher temps than it did in 1930 :cuckoo::cuckoo:
And what of these 'Computer models' being used? GIGO...(Garbage In Garbage Out).

Go here to vote:

http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articles/polls/38728

chart

Simply another liberal political cause.
The Earth's climate is in a state of constant flux.
What these bozo's want everyone to believe is the Earth's climate can be influenced by humans...Not so...
The so called scientists use climate data collected by various weather services. They look at "climate norms". They then look at deviations form these norms. The slightest deviation that lasts more than a time period which they set, to them is "look! See, there's climate change!!" Meanwhile, these alleged scientists do not have a clear understanding of what 'normal' is.
The namby pamby enviro wackos wring their hands every time is rains too much. Or there is a heat wave. Or, there is a cold snap. It's really quite boring.
All of this nonsense invariably is focused one one conclusion. That conclusion is taxation.
Carbon taxes, cap and trade taxes. Another plan is to make energy more expensive. A form of forced conservation, if you will. Like the country should grind to a halt so the global temperature might fall a half a degree in 100 years.
Carbon taxes/ Cap and Trade by the way do NOTHING to address the very pollution these people are whining about. All Cap and Trade does is allow some businesses to transfer their so called pollution credits( whatever the hell those are) to another business. The businesses then are taxed and of course the money goes to Washington. And guess what? Those pricks have more money to blow on garbage.

Climate change isn't an issue, the climate change SCAM is an issue
And it's one of control of the dumbasses by the elites as they live lifestyles they don't want anyone but themselves to live...i.e, OWLGORE.

Yeah. The guy that lioves in a house so large that it consumes enough energy to make up for 20 normal sized homes...
Oh, but because AlGore is a flaming lib elite, that's DIFFERENT...

I fully agree. That is exactly the question I always ask and never get a reply. What should the temperature be and where? All the GW fearists say is cooler.

This is true. Considering that the base line for the data may have started off too low, then all the data compared to that point would be naturally higher.

One problem to consider. IF it is true about GW, and IF there is something we can do about it. Do we wait until we see the devastating effects to do something? The Dust Bowl raged for years until a dust storm hit Washington. THEN one man made a difference in agricultural practices and the dust bowl was not longer a problem. I remember reading about that when I was 10, which is more then a number of years ago.

Contour farming, wind breaks and conservation of the soil all were done and none of which should have added much cost. Of course they did some things that may or may not have helped and did cost money but by and large it was just a change in how they did business. Something a farmer may not have known or realized.

I fully agree. That is exactly the question I always ask and never get a reply. What should the temperature be and where? All the GW fearists say is cooler.
Yes. And based upon____________________?
You're correct.

One of you talking monkeys said something like "Global Warming is a scam that costs the taxpayers tens of trillions of dollars and hundreds of millions of jobs", or something equally ridiculous.

Who spends "tens of trillions" of dollars on fighting global warming? Reducing pollution? Ending deforestation? "Tens of TRILLIONS".

Back that figure up with a link. Where are the "hundreds of millions of jobs" or whatever? Jobs doing what? Hundreds of millions of coal miners? Oil derrick workers?

Rich industrialists are using you. They're ruining your planet and telling you through their mainstream FOX News corporate media that the Greenhouse Effect, deforestation and rampant pollution are not a problem.

One of you talking monkeys said something like "Global Warming is a scam that costs the taxpayers tens of trillions of dollars and hundreds of millions of jobs", or something equally ridiculous.

Who spends "tens of trillions" of dollars on fighting global warming? Reducing pollution? Ending deforestation? "Tens of TRILLIONS".

Back that figure up with a link. Where are the "hundreds of millions of jobs" or whatever? Jobs doing what? Hundreds of millions of coal miners? Oil derrick workers?

Rich industrialists are using you. They're ruining your planet and telling you through their mainstream FOX News corporate media that the Greenhouse Effect, deforestation and rampant pollution are not a problem.

pull your head out of your ass, you will feel much better. Man is not changing the climate, short of a massive nuclear war, man is not capable of changing the climate.

and even if we unleashed hundreds of nuclear bombs, the earth would recover, it might take 100 years, but the earth would recover.

man is but a pimple on a gnat on an elephants ass.

pull your head out of your ass, you will feel much better. Man is not changing the climate, short of a massive nuclear war, man is not capable of changing the climate.

and even if we unleashed hundreds of nuclear bombs, the earth would recover, it might take 100 years, but the earth would recover.

man is but a pimple on a gnat on an elephants ass.
And if we were to disappear from the face of the Earth tomorrow? The Earth would not miss us or even care...The planet is going to do what it's done even before WE ever arrived on the scene.

Forum List

Back