Does anyone have a problem with the reading of the US Constitution on the record

Should the US constitution be read into the record at the beginning of a Cong. sess.

• Total voters
Maybe it reminded some of the delusional wingnuts there that the INTENT of the Constitution was to have a strong central government, not some Balkanized mess of mini-countries like some of the 'nuts think.

Maybe it reminded some of the delusional wingnuts there that the INTENT of the Constitution was to have a strong central government, not some Balkanized mess of mini-countries like some of the 'nuts think.

A strong central government that is ruled by the people, not the elite. Aren't you one of those people that think the founders are liberals?

Yes, a publicity stunt.
They edited out the parts they thought would be embarrassing, like that certain people would be 3/5 of a person, and the 18th Amendment which brought us Prohibition.

Why would they read parts of the Constitution that were amended or overturned?

Publicity stunt? Political theatre? Meaningless? Of course.

Problem with it? Nah, not really.

Yes, a publicity stunt.
They edited out the parts they thought would be embarrassing, like that certain people would be 3/5 of a person, and the 18th Amendment which brought us Prohibition.

I can see the point in skipping over anything that's not currently in force. No sense confusing all those people who really, really needed it read to them. ;)

I believe there was an editorial in NY Times that claimed racism of some form because of the 3/5s compromise.
Most folks do not have a clue what the 3/5s compromise was and how it became what it was.

Republicans promised that with every bill they introduced this session they would attach how the Constitution plays a part in it.
The 1st bill they offered was to do away with the health care bill.
And they forgot to add the Constitution part to it.
LOL, oh well, let's read the Constitution as the deficit goes up another 1.9 billion a day while they waste our time.
Smile, your on CANDID CAMERA.

Republicans promised that with every bill they introduced this session they would attach how the Constitution plays a part in it.
The 1st bill they offered was to do away with the health care bill.
And they forgot to add the Constitution part to it.
LOL, oh well, let's read the Constitution as the deficit goes up another 1.9 billion a day while they waste our time.
Smile, your on CANDID CAMERA.

"Add" the Constitution?

I believe there was an editorial in NY Times that claimed racism of some form because of the 3/5s compromise.
Most folks do not have a clue what the 3/5s compromise was and how it became what it was.

Yep... I've had that discussion with a black friend of mine, and his entire intent was to make it a race thing.
Unfortunately at that time, I had no idea why it was there... I have since studied it, and it makes complete sense.

its come to my attention that some on the left view congress reading the constitution into record as a solely a publicity stunt and should not be done

what say you?

I am all for it, the defecit will drop 50% just from the reading.

Forum List

Back