Does anyone think Paul Ryan has a political future outside the House?

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
I'd hoped this guy would be the nominee, running on a tax plan that eliminated expeditures, and shifted the tax burden back on the very wealthy to where it was in 2000, and giving a middle class tax cut that would stimulate the economy. And, pushing school choice for inner cities and enterprise zones

LOL

Now he's embraced reducing the burden more for the 1%, a national consumption tax and Trump. And for that the Trumpbots hate him.

Eh, some like their politicians bought and paid for and beholding to the status quo, some don't.

I'd hoped this guy would be the nominee, running on a tax plan that eliminated expeditures, and shifted the tax burden back on the very wealthy to where it was in 2000, and giving a middle class tax cut that would stimulate the economy. And, pushing school choice for inner cities and enterprise zones

LOL

Now he's embraced reducing the burden more for the 1%, a national consumption tax and Trump. And for that the Trumpbots hate him.

Paul Ryan has you bamboozled.

LOL

Not anymore and if the GOP keep the House the question will be if Ryan stays as Speaker... Ryan time was in 2012 and now is slipping away... He should make a Senate run and get there if he want to move forward... Maybe even become Governor...

I think he's going to start distancing himself from Trump and it's likely a lot of other Republicans in Congress will do the same.

I do not think his support to this point would be held against him in any future bid for office. He supported the party nominee and will hedge his bets with enough statements to afford himself plausible deniability in terms of his being a 100% Trumper.

The US has huge tax problems which were created by Reagan and made worse by GW Bush.

BHO fixed it a little but not a lot.

Even so I heard with my own ears a lot of rich people b!tch and moan about having their taxes raised by BHO.

For the sake of no further b!tching, I would not change the individual tax law again.

But the corporate tax law needs to be fixed legislatively and statutorily.

Hillary has some good ideas.

If she can also capture either the Senate or House then maybe the GOP will compromise with her on corporate tax changes.

If she can capture both Senate and House then she can change it like BHO changed healthcare and she won't need to give a ratz azz about the GOP.

Otherwise nothing will change and corporations will get to continue to park profits in tax havens.

C'est la vie.

LOL

Not anymore and if the GOP keep the House the question will be if Ryan stays as Speaker... Ryan time was in 2012 and now is slipping away... He should make a Senate run and get there if he want to move forward... Maybe even become Governor...
The US House Of Reps is a rat hole and Ryan has actually been useful making it get a few things done.

He is infinitely more useful than the blowhard Boehner ever was.

He should therefore stay in the House where he can make a difference.

I thought Ryan had some potential, and replacing Boehner was a good move...

but when he sold his soul to Satan by supporting Donny Dangerous, I lost all hope for him. :D

Forum List

Back