🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Does God Punish Those Who Are Confused Living In Their Sin?

Confused being the keyword I wouldn't think so. I mean there is a difference between not knowing and searching for answers while living in your sin versus you know what you're doing is wrong yet you're going to keep doing it anyways.
We are all sinners but we can ask God for forgiveness.

Confused being the keyword I wouldn't think so. I mean there is a difference between not knowing and searching for answers while living in your sin versus you know what you're doing is wrong yet you're going to keep doing it anyways.
There will be no excuse-The bible has been there for nearly 1600 years or more. Does man think God wrote that book so they can't be bothered to learn what God hates? Not likely.

God punishes no one who truly has accepted Jesus. We are all sinners until we die. All.
You must have missed these words from Jesus as final judgement to those who believe in him and have accepted him. Matt 7:22-23--Why? Because they worked iniquity= practiced a sin.

There will be no excuse-The bible has been there for nearly 1600 years or more. Does man think God wrote that book so they can't be bothered to learn what God hates? Not likely.

What if you don't understand the Bible one hundred percent?

That only applies if your divine authority actually exists

And define "wrong" for me because it means different things depending on the person you are talking to

I assure you, God exists.

And yes, wrong can mean different things to different people* but I think we all know deep down what is truly wrong. Most people agree on the basics (do not murder, do not steal, do not lie, etc.) and our conscience bears witness to divine law.

* as I've said to you before, different beliefs about morality doesn't make morality relative, there is an objective moral standard that exists whether people believe it or not, but that's a topic for another thread.

Last edited:
Sin is the breaking of a religious law.

If a person has no religion he cannot sin.

Wrong.

If God is true, then His Law is true. If His Law is true, and you break it, you have sinned whether you "agree" with it or not.

Take people who argue with law enforcement officers. You might think that 25 mph zone is BS, but if it's the law--duly passed--then it's the law. You can disagree, but you're still accountable.

I assure you, God exists.

And yes, wrong can mean different things to different people* but I think we all know deep down what is truly wrong. Most people agree on the basics (do not murder, do not steal, do not lie, etc.) and our conscience bears witness to divine law.

* as I've said to you before, different beliefs about morality doesn't make morality relative, there is an objective moral standard that exists whether people believe it or not, but that's a topic for another thread.
Assurances are not proof.

And no we don't all know what is "right" or "wrong" we have all been taught what our societies have defined as "right" and "wrong"

And I think it's relevant to this thread.

What makes morality relative is that the very definitions of what is "right" or "wrong" have changed over time and will continue to change.

Wrong.

If God is true, then His Law is true. If His Law is true, and you break it, you have sinned whether you "agree" with it or not.

Take people who argue with law enforcement officers. You might think that 25 mph zone is BS, but if it's the law--duly passed--then it's the law. You can disagree, but you're still accountable.
That's the big IF isn't it?

But I won't get punished for eternity for doing 30 in a 25 will I?

What if you don't understand the Bible one hundred percent?
The things God says are sin are easy to understand for the most part. No false god worship-no partaking off the table of demons-1Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:19-21= 2 lists of unacceptable sins-Spiritism mentioned at Gal, the Greek word = Pharmacia, thus drug addiction is apart of that. All who follow Jesus, obey everything Jesus teaches. And he taught-Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God= OT-NT over and over it never stops. How much is eternal life worth to one?

Assurances are not proof.

And no we don't all know what is "right" or "wrong" we have all been taught what our societies have defined as "right" and "wrong"

And I think it's relevant to this thread.

What makes morality relative is that the very definitions of what is "right" or "wrong" have changed over time and will continue to change.

I never claimed that my assuring you is proof.

And yes, you have been taught the basics, but you also have a conscience. We all have a conscience, just like we all have a mind, a will, etc. You know when you're doing something wrong because your conscience (assuming it's a normal functioning conscience) will let you know.

And what you are continually not getting is that different ideas or ideas that change over time has nothing to do with whether or not a true objective standard exists. Objective truth does not depend on us. It just is what it is. Whether people believe it or not.

I never claimed that my assuring you is proof.

And yes, you have been taught the basics, but you also have a conscience. We all have a conscience, just like we all have a mind, a will, etc. You know when you're doing something wrong because your conscience (assuming it's a normal functioning conscience) will let you know.

And what you are continually not getting is that different ideas or ideas that change over time has nothing to do with whether or not a true objective standard exists. Objective truth does not depend on us. It just is what it is. Whether people believe it or not.
So then your assurances mean nothing?

There is no true objective standard because all the standards are made by humans

So then your assurances mean nothing?

I didn't say that either. You can take or leave what I said. But I stand by what I said. You will see, eventually. :)

There is no true objective standard because all the standards are made by humans

Nope, that is absolutely false. But I'm going to have to get back to this later, because at the moment I have to prioritize and I don't have time to get into a lengthy discussion about the existence of an objective moral standard.

Forum List

Back